VA VA - Woodbridge, WhtMale 30-70, UP6474, clothes, Reeboks, glasses, May'90

I think so, yes.

The PWC Cold Case page looks well organized but it's a mess. All the .pngs have typos, grammatical errors, wrong dates.

Update: There is now 598 (!) people on the ruleout list. Mitchell Manns is not on it but he has DNA on Namus now so I guess it can't be him either.

New Posting by Prince William County PD

Prince William County Police Department
5 hrs ·
COLD CASE CORNER: John Doe, name unknown
Please help us identify this gentleman.
On May 12, 1990, the remains of this man were found in the woods behind 13500 Fitzhugh Lane in Woodbridge. He apparently suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
His age is possibly between 40 and 50 years old.
29 years have passed. The Cold Case Unit requests your assistance. If you have any information, please contact Cold Case Unit at 703-792-5123, send an email to policedept@pwcgov.org or message us privately on Facebook or Twitter.
You can also write to: Cold Case Unit, Prince William County Police Department, 5036 Davis Ford Road, Woodbridge, Virginia 22192.

Thank you, as always, for helping us by sharing our posts.
To review other cold cases visit our website visit www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/police/pages/cold-cases.aspx

Prince William County Police Department

More life-like sketch uploaded to Namus in 2020.

Thumbnail

They must have hidden his Namus ruleout list as it now shows Zero ruleouts, not the 598 mentioned above a couple of years ago.

I used to live in this "area" back in the mid80s and again in the early 90s. Woodbridge was even then considered to pretty much be in the DC-area, a VA suburb. I knew quite a few people who lived there and commuted. You can also see on the map there are major thoroughfares (I-95, and Rt 1); close to MD as well, with the Potomac River being the separator.

upload_2022-4-23_17-18-29.png

They must have hidden his Namus ruleout list as it now shows Zero ruleouts, not the 598 mentioned above a couple of years ago.

I've wondered about this with the Namus cases. I'm wondering if it's because there was a time where ruleouts were being listed for all of those "auto-compared" through whatever DNA comparison process they have/use ... or perhaps it was some sort of software coding error/fluke. I wonder if there is DNA available on him?

Namus Case

PMI was listed as minutes. The LE website said "self-inflicted". No mention of a gun being found.

May 12, 1990 was a Saturday, the day before Mother's Day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back