Very Smart

capps

Reaction score
No one knows 100% who killed JonBenet.

But whoever did it,was very smart.
When you look at everything step by step,whoever did it made sure everyone looked like a suspect.

Ranson note: Addressed to John,with familiar notations ($118,SBTC,southern common sense,etc.). That could be anyone:pR,BR,friend,business associate.

Pen and Paper: That could be JR,PR,BR,the housekeeper,housekeepers family,friends,or anyone who ever had opportunity to snatch a pad of paper and some pens from the house.

Pineapple and tea: Could be Patsy or Burke their finger prints were on the bowl. Tea,although no finger prints,could be Burke,he was the tea drinker.

Suitcase under window: Enclosed with JAR's blanket (with his semen) and a book belonging to him. Could be JAR.

I'm sure there's more,these are all I can think of off hand.

So who ever set this up was smart enough to incriminate everyone. Very smart.

IMO it was set up to steer away from an intruder..If it was a cover up by the Ramsey's to look like an intruder, it would mean they are incredibly naive and stupid. I don't think the Ramsey's are stupid or naive.

Smart intruder. He knew all of these personal details about the Ramseys including the location of their bodily fluids!

capps said:
[...]Pineapple and tea: Could be Patsy or Burke their finger prints were on the bowl. Tea,although no finger prints,could be Burke,he was the tea drinker.

[...]
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm
10 LOU SMIT: Who would drink tea with a teabag
11 in the glass?
12 JOHN RAMSEY: Somebody who would drink tea,
13 I guess. I don't know. I don't drink tea. Burke
14 will drink sweet ice tea. I don't remember if
15 JonBenet did,
[...]
1 MIKE KANE: Any other tea drinkers in the
2 house?
3 JOHN RAMSEY: Patsy drank tea. She likes
4 sweet ice tea.
5 MIKE KANE: (INAUDIBLE)?
6 JOHN RAMSEY: I believe, not much, once
7 in a while.
8 LOU SMIT: (INAUDIBLE) sweet ice tea, you
9 can put a tea bag (INAUDIBLE)?
10 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, no. With sweet ice tea
11 you have to make the tea. And I don't know how you
12 do it, but she puts sugar in it or something. It's
13 a southern drink. But, no.
14 I mean, first of all, it was hot tea. You
15 wouldn't it in that kind of a glass, it was weird.
16 That doesn't make sense.

tipper said:
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm
10 LOU SMIT: Who would drink tea with a teabag
11 in the glass?
12 JOHN RAMSEY: Somebody who would drink tea,
13 I guess. I don't know. I don't drink tea. Burke
14 will drink sweet ice tea. I don't remember if
15 JonBenet did,
[...]
1 MIKE KANE: Any other tea drinkers in the
2 house?
3 JOHN RAMSEY: Patsy drank tea. She likes
4 sweet ice tea.
5 MIKE KANE: (INAUDIBLE)?
6 JOHN RAMSEY: I believe, not much, once
7 in a while.
8 LOU SMIT: (INAUDIBLE) sweet ice tea, you
9 can put a tea bag (INAUDIBLE)?
10 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, no. With sweet ice tea
11 you have to make the tea. And I don't know how you
12 do it, but she puts sugar in it or something. It's
13 a southern drink. But, no.
14 I mean, first of all, it was hot tea. You
15 wouldn't it in that kind of a glass, it was weird.
16 That doesn't make sense.

Tipper,

This is exactly what my point is.
Isn't it funny that tea was placed right next to the pineapple,with no finger prints on the tea glass. Burke is the primary tea drinker. Why would the Ramsey's wipe down the tea glass,and leave it there? Especially if they were trying to cover up. They wouldn't.

Why would they leave a suit case right under a broken window,with JAR'S semen stained blanket. They wouldn't.

Why would they leave any kind of evidence that would make the family look guilty. They wouldn't.

Seems like a very smart and planned set up.

All of us drink cold tea, either instant or sun , with sun tea ya' put the bags in a container and sit it outside until it turns the right "color". I have never seen anyone put a tea bag in a glass, that has to be a very strange habit.
The sheets that were in the suitcase would have traces of semen if any young man slept on them, gee, it just happens.
The suitcase is interesting, in this, it was used by both JAR and LHP on loan. If it was empty and placed in the basement, it only suggests that the killer picked up available sheets from the dirty laundry to use, then slipped them into the suitcase. I would like to know the last time JAR used this suitcase, as I don't have one child, not ONE, that would take something that ugly and out of date on a trip. In 1996, a young man past the age of 7 would have been embarrassed to carry anything other than a canvass duffle or rolling travel bag. For the plane, trash bags were odd I agree, but light, and not screaming of 1980 samsonite.
I would guess, LHP wouldn't have been embarrassed by it, and would have been the last person to use it.
LHP, did she have "overflow" company? Perhaps she sent them to stay at the house thinking it was empty? Isn't this why the White's had a key, to do the same if their house became too crowded?

I've used trash bags on occasion when we've travelled in the car. It's easy to throw last minute stuff in and they more or less conform to any space or shape. And you can use them to carry dirty clothes home in.

It does seem odd that they would leave evidence like the suitcase and stuff that Capps mentioned a few posts back...

Sometimes I think they just didnt have time to think of everything, it was panic station time, it was dark,making it hard to see and they had but a few hours to work out what to do.

The items in the suitcase are things that a child would think to pack if going on a trip.Who knows ,maybe one of the kids did plan on running away from home.Weve seen a facade of the Rams lifestyle,lots of glitz and glamour,but who really knows what went on behind the locked doors.

capps said:
Tipper,

This is exactly what my point is.
Isn't it funny that tea was placed right next to the pineapple,with no finger prints on the tea glass. Burke is the primary tea drinker. Why would the Ramsey's wipe down the tea glass,and leave it there? Especially if they were trying to cover up. They wouldn't.

Why would they leave a suit case right under a broken window,with JAR'S semen stained blanket. They wouldn't.

Why would they leave any kind of evidence that would make the family look guilty. They wouldn't.

To answer questions like these you gotta think small. As in 10 years of age small.

narlacat said:
It does seem odd that they would leave evidence like the suitcase and stuff that Capps mentioned a few posts back...

Sometimes I think they just didnt have time to think of everything, it was panic station time, it was dark,making it hard to see and they had but a few hours to work out what to do.

Narlacat,

Maybe so ... but they had time to sit and write a rambling two and a half page ransom note,but not enough time to get rid of incriminating evidence? Doesn't make sense to me.

BlueCrab said:
To answer questions like these you gotta think small. As in 10 years of age small.

Right BlueCrab,

But isn't part of your theory that JR and PR helped with the staging/cover up?

capps said:
Narlacat,

Maybe so ... but they had time to sit and write a rambling two and a half page ransom note,but not enough time to get rid of incriminating evidence? Doesn't make sense to me.
Capps
Maybe they took too much time writing the note.....

capps said:
Right BlueCrab,

But isn't part of your theory that JR and PR helped with the staging/cover up?

capps,

Correct, but IMO the parents walked in on the horror around 3 or 4 in the morning before the kids finished the staging, which they had almost completed, including writing the ransom note. In my theory the parents were involved in just the tail-end of the staging, spending most of their time in such things as cutting JonBenet down from a grotesque position and repositioning her in the white blanket, calling attorney Mike Bynum who got the coverup organized, and getting the overnight "guests" out of the house. The parents ran out of time before they were sure all bases were covered and were forced to call 911 at 5:52 AM to make the timelines, such as being at the airport by 6:30, still fit.

BlueCrab said:
capps,

Correct, but IMO the parents walked in on the horror around 3 or 4 in the morning before the kids finished the staging, which they had almost completed, including writing the ransom note. In my theory the parents were involved in just the tail-end of the staging, spending most of their time in such things as cutting JonBenet down from a grotesque position and repositioning her in the white blanket, calling attorney Mike Bynum who got the coverup organized, and getting the overnight "guests" out of the house. The parents ran out of time before they were sure all bases were covered and were forced to call 911 at 5:52 AM to make the timelines, such as being at the airport by 6:30, still fit.

BlueCrab,

Okay,I see where you're going now.
If your theory is right,then Mike Bynum is part of the cover up also ... maybe they should haul HIM in for questioning!

It all comes down to phone calls ... that would be the one thing to exonerate or implicate the Ramsey's. If only we had the December phone records ... and access to the enhanced last few minutes of the 911 call.

I wonder if Mike Bynum's December phone records can be checked out?

It would answer a lot if not most of our questions!

capps said:
IMO it was set up to steer away from an intruder..If it was a cover up by the Ramsey's to look like an intruder, it would mean they are incredibly naive and stupid. I don't think the Ramsey's are stupid or naive.
To steer suspicion away from himself to the family, why wouldn't an intruder simply leave things as he did but without the note. Let the family explain the body in the basement. "Someone" may have been distraught and overwhelmed but not stupid.

capps said:
BlueCrab,

Okay,I see where you're going now.
If your theory is right,then Mike Bynum is part of the cover up also ... maybe they should haul HIM in for questioning!

It all comes down to phone calls ... that would be the one thing to exonerate or implicate the Ramsey's. If only we had the December phone records ... and access to the enhanced last few minutes of the 911 call.

I wonder if Mike Bynum's December phone records can be checked out?

It would answer a lot if not most of our questions!
Wasn't that one of the things that Steve Thomas harped on: that the DA was not helping them get the phone records (cel I think)? I did consider if the R's actually wrote the note, then maybe they got some advice over the phone, from someone who has knowledge about crime movies and kidnap. If indeed the phone records were held back from the authorities, then I find that incriminating.

As an aside, I found it interesting how Darnay Hoffman came with so much knowledge and opinion about the Lindbergh kidnapping.

narlacat said:

Once again they had more time if they wanted it. They could have continued the cover up all day if they wanted. Could of just said they were waiting for the call. They would be in no rush whatsoever to call the police.

The reason it seems odd is because they didn't do it and they didn't cover it up. It's exactly what it seems. A brutal message of hatred to JR.

Of course thats my humble opinion.

BlueCrab said:
capps,

Wow, 5 people implicated in one post! That has to be a new record.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Wow, 5 people implicated in one post! That has to be a new record.

But no people implicated after 172 posts beats the hell out of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back