The cutest lost luggage service ever

zwiebel

Reaction score
KLM at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport has introduced the cutest lost baggage service ever. A young Beagle sniffs out passengers who have left something on a plane before they leave the airport, and reunites them with their belongings.

'Very often the Lost & Found team is able to surprise passengers by returning their personal belongings before they have even missed them. Despite the challenge of locating the owner, first results show that over 80% of the found items can now be reunited with their owners.

To show how far the Lost & Found team and their tail-wagging secret weapon go, KLM has created a video.'

http://news.klm.com/en/klm-launches-lost--found-service/

[video=youtu;NK-T_t166TY]http://youtu.be/NK-T_t166TY[/video]

Oh my goodness! I just love it!

It does appear that he operates without a handler... (I don't have sound) It looks as if he carries the lost item to the owner, but does his little vest have any wording on it to indicate his purpose? In other words, if a friendly dog came along side a passenger, how would they know he was returning their lost item?

O my gosh, that made my day! I love the ending when he's gliding along on the people mover, too cute!!

It does appear that he operates without a handler... (I don't have sound) It looks as if he carries the lost item to the owner, but does his little vest have any wording on it to indicate his purpose? In other words, if a friendly dog came along side a passenger, how would they know he was returning their lost item?

I have sound but it's in Dutch, which I don't speak. :( it didn't look to me as though there is anything written on his little vest though, so passengers must just spend a minute or two wondering why a friendly little dog is suddenly beside them, I guess. And there must be a staff member following along behind, I would think.

It's such a friendly airport, I bet the only problems that little fellow ever has is avoiding all the people wanting to interrupt his work and stroke him.

ETA: Maybe it explains on his ID tag what his job is?

I have sound but it's in Dutch, which I don't speak. :( it didn't look to me as though there is anything written on his little vest though, so passengers must just spend a minute or two wondering why a friendly little dog is suddenly beside them, I guess. And there must be a staff member following along behind, I would think.

It's such a friendly airport, I bet the only problems that little fellow ever has is avoiding all the people wanting to interrupt his work and stroke him.

ETA: Maybe it explains on his ID tag what his job is?

The KLM logo is on his vest.

He doesn't, really...
http://news.yahoo.com/klm-airlines-beagle-lost-and-found-dog-135722620.html

But a spokesperson for the airline told a Dutch news website that the beagle was merely figurative.

"The dog is purely used to symbolise the active way in which the team will search for owners and unite them with their lost possessions," KLM spokesperson Joost Ruempol is quoted as saying in an English translation of the article.

Sherlock, it turns out, was an advertising agency creation.

"To illustrate that KLM goes above and beyond for their passengers, we decided to involve a search dog," DDB & Tribal, the agency behind the spot, told Mediabistro.com's AgencySpy.

And Alex Herwig, one of the creators of the ad, confirmed to Gizmodo that Sherlock was, indeed, a mascot and "not a permanent member of the lost & found team."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...9/25/klms-iphone-sniffing-beagle-is-not-real/

How does the airline actually go about reuniting passengers with lost items? By using obvious methods like cross-referencing seat numbers, phone numbers and public social media details.

Nevertheless, people loved the beagle. And there’s a chance we will see more of him. “You will never know if Sherlock will be making an appearance in the near future” Herwig told Mashable in an e-mail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back