Who is Hannah Graham?

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
There has been so much about JM. That subject probably merits a thread. But what about Hannah? I frankly don't know much about her. I think I should.

Who is she?
Where is she from?
What is her family like?
What is she studying in school?
Who are her friends? (Per MSM only or in general. No sleuthing.) How are they reacting to this?
What is Hannah like? Personality? Things she likes to do? Is she passive? A fighter? Determined? Compassionate? What are her goals and dreams?
How is her family coping?

I hope some of these questions can be answered here.

I enjoy her tweets (@hegraham25). Very witty. Her family has a group text and the ones she posted are poking fun, but in a lovely way.

She seems to really like UVa and couldn't wait to be back after the summer break.

Hannah Graham disappearance: What we know
By Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
updated 8:28 PM EDT, Tue September 23, 2014

Who is [Hannah] Graham?

She's a second-year University of Virginia student making straight A's, her parents say.

"Hannah is beyond precious to us," John and Susan Graham said in a statement released shortly after she went missing. "We are truly devastated by her disappearance. It's totally out of character for us not to have heard from her, and we fear foul play."
Holding a stuffed bunny named BB, his daughter's favorite plush toy and "guardian angel," John Graham pleaded last weekend for someone to come forward with information on his daughter, who he said loved helping people.

"Last spring break, instead of hanging around on the beach, she spent a week in Tuscaloosa rebuilding houses," her father said.

The Northern Virginia native is 5 feet 11 inches tall with a slender build and has light brown hair, blue eyes and freckles. She was last seen September 13 wearing a black crop top, according to a UVA news release.

cont. at the link

This interview with a childhood friend gives a lot of insight into the type of person Hannah is.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/hannah-graham-friends-at-vcu/

Thank you so much for this. From the link:

Sydney Maniglia, a VCU sophomore who studies fashion merchandising, has known Graham as a friend and neighbor since she was seven years old. She said she still remembered when the Grahams moved to Fairfax from England and Hannah Graham was so self-conscious about her accent that she tried to adopt an American accent to fit in.

“She cared about everyone,” Maniglia said. “She was always worried about how everyone else was doing and was really involved in everyone’s life. She was really approachable. She really did care.”

I enjoy her tweets (@hegraham25). Very witty. Her family has a group text and the ones she posted are poking fun, but in a lovely way.

She seems to really like UVa and couldn't wait to be back after the summer break.

Wow. Thank you. I;m really learning a lot about her through her own words and tweets. Seems like she still has a real connection to the land of her birth and her English heritage but has also become such a total American girl. Loves football, baseball, etc.

And it seems that she is concerned about violence and the pain of others. She has a few posts about Ray Rice and also about a family whose dad was shot by police.

Reading her twitter has made Hannah very real for me. I saw a post that shows a map of every place her father has ever been. It's vast. Practically the whole world. Seems like her dad has had an incredible life. It somehow made me really tear up, that simple map. Made me think about how this man with such an incredible life has to suffer right now, not knowing where his precious kid is.

This is what gets me about these cases. These are real lives - real humans. The tragedy and horror of this, the pain that will ripple across the world as a result of one horrible act - it is incredible.

No, I can't understand concentrating on the rights of the defendants/suspects in these cases instead of the rights and status and torment of the victims. The former had a choice, The latter did not.

I hope Hannah and her family can be remembered in all of this. What a great gal.

Wright said Graham was very passionate about the band and played the saxophone. In high school she was very outgoing, respectable and diligent in her studies. He said she always played by the rules and never caused any trouble.

Because my daughter is in the high school marching band, I wanted to highlight this talent of Hannah's. These kids are dedicated and work very hard. They put in hours upon hours of practice. The kids are very close and consider each other family.

JMO

Because my daughter is in the high school marching band, I wanted to highlight this talent of Hannah's. These kids are dedicated and work very hard. They put in hours upon hours of practice. The kids are very close and consider each other family.

JMO

My brothers were both "bandos" too! We are in our forties now and they have remained good friends with their bandmates.

Her tweets are very funny. I love her sense of humor.

I don't want to think about such a joyous life ending too soon.

I think she is a wonderful person, but she seems to think about drinking a lot. She has several tweets about that, including one where she said her Mom limited her to a pint when they were drinking in England. I think her mother is very wise, and she might have seen that Hannah might have been getting too fond of drinking. I also was concerned about a tweet of Hannah's where she said that someone around her was doing cocaine.

I am not writing this to disparage her. I am pointing it out to all the parents (including myself) that we must be ever vigilant about drinking. When I next see my oldest, I plan to have a conversation about alcohol changing behavior and making us do things we wouldn't normally do. It's very important for all of us to know how to drink responsibly. We must make our kids realize that the world is not kind to vulnerable people, even if, like Hannah, they are kind to them.

I was able to find a lovely vigil that was held at UVA honoring Hannah. The people involved in preparing it went to great lengths to find all of the things that were important to Hannah and it's a beautiful vigil, IMO. The music is heart wrenching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWg_Tff0mL0

They speak of her awesome Instagram account and her love of avocados, her cooking lavish meals, the incredible decorations on her wall creating a rainbow, she's "the kindest and goofiest of people", the flapper-dress inspired ski race…

A favorite quote of hers..."Happiness is in the heart not in the circumstances" - Dove candy wrapper

They speak of her community service, big giraffe hugs, quick wit, and her humorous and spunky spirit.

She sounds like a real joy to be around. Come on home, Hannah!

"Whether or not you knew her personally, know that she isn't just a name you hear on the news. She's an avid Disney enthusiast, a lover of Elvis, and one of the most talented people you'll ever come across in your entire life," said senior Jayne Orleans. "Hannah never forgot to put others before herself, and that's why everyone loved her so much, and also why all of us are here tonight."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=3709001

I was able to find a lovely vigil that was held at UVA honoring Hannah. The people involved in preparing it went to great lengths to find all of the things that were important to Hannah and it's a beautiful vigil, IMO. The music is heart wrenching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWg_Tff0mL0

They speak of her awesome Instagram account and her love of avocados, her cooking lavish meals, the incredible decorations on her wall creating a rainbow, she's "the kindest and goofiest of people", the flapper-dress inspired ski race…

A favorite quote of hers..."Happiness is in the heart not in the circumstances" - Dove candy wrapper

They speak of her community service, big giraffe hugs, quick wit, and her humorous and spunky spirit.

She sounds like a real joy to be around. Come on home, Hannah!

Beautiful. Brought me to tears.

Thanks to all of you for compiling this information. I'm with Gitana: reading a missing person's social media makes me feel like I know them, and reinforces for me how tragedy can happen to anyone. Heather Elvis seems tough as nails but also sensitive and artistic. Teleka Patrick had amazing insight into her own mental illness and even joked about it. Hannah comes across as a genuinely nice and well-rounded person, really enjoying her journey to adulthood. These are the only cases I've followed, and each one made me go: "Well, surely she's out there somewhere. Surely this flame isn't gone from the world." Following a case is so sad, but at the same time it feels like it's almost honoring the person somehow. Just by paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article reflects upon our neighborhood where Hannah grew up, and a vigil that was held at the high school. There was also a vigil at our church, but I did not attend. She sounds like a wonderful girl - our neighborhood has many yellow ribbons displayed for her.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest...exandria-Va.-holds-out-hope-for-Hannah-Graham

Alexandria Va. holds out hope for Hannah Graham

... Graham played saxophone in the high school band and had a weakness for Elvis, students and teachers said. At a vigil Wednesday at her old high school, the band played Elvis' "Can't Help falling in Love." Her favorite candy, Starburst, was scattered on the cafeteria tables where the vigil was held.

Graham and her softball teammates routinely warmed up to a wide range of music from her iPod that was blasted over the loudspeakers, Maniglia said."All of a sudden you could hear a classical piece, and then maybe Elvis, and then maybe AC/DC," he said. "It was such a wide variety of music. That's what I liked about it.

"
Now, Maniglia said, one of his daughters, away at college, has been having nightmares since Graham's disappearance."She'll send me texts at 3:30, 4 in the morning, saying, 'It could've been me. It could've been (my sister). What is wrong with this world?'"....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back