Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time. Tuesday evening, September 23 press conference -- arrest warrant issued for abduction with intent to defile
Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784
Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

Tuesday evening, September 23 press conference -- arrest warrant issued for abduction with intent to defile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpYXWyaKnp4

VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Hannah Graham SAR Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13Thread #14

Good morning all, wow I missed soooo much overnight!

Good morning all, wow I missed soooo much overnight!

Hi waddles! You did miss a lot. JM was arrested in Bolivar TX, after looking suspicious camping on the beach..

Hi Snoods :) Yeah! I have just seen the videos! wow.

Crossing my fingers for some useful info tomorrow that will help bring her home.

What a tragic foretelling of her own fate. Clearly, judging by that tweet, Hannah herself would have been a more watchful and caring friend to someone in that situation than her own friends apparently were for her.

Just such a short time before she vanished, too =/ Also, I think it shows that she was savvy to the same dangers that she apparently became a victim of. She wasn't operating with a blind naivety. I really identify with Hannah as a young woman who braves the outdoors on a regular basis and is often frightened by predatory men. She knew there were dangers in the world, and she just didn't want creeps to tell her that she can't live her life.

Hi Snoods :) Yeah! I have just seen the videos! wow.

So crazy! I was shocked to find out JM was arrested so close to where I live...from Virginia to Texas!

O/T i wonder if by

Alba Rhythm the reporter meant algorithm .... if so BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm sure "Alba Rhythm" got a massive amount of google hits from everyone assuming the above, but wondering if there was something they hadn't heard of! :laughing:

Got the door slammed on me as I posted right as the last thread closed so bringing this over here...

Realizing that most WSers also probably have paid far more attention to not only POIs, but also the specifics about them, and have sought out or at least have seen more on TV or online than a large majority of the general public, and also are more apt to pay more careful attention to details, I'm especially curious about this!

What would all the WSers do if they believe they possibly saw a POI from a wanted poster that has been disseminated about and LE is looking for and requesting information on the whereabouts of the person?

Would you...

Look at someone and try to determine if it was the person you'd maybe seen on TV or on a poster once and call, even if very unsure if it's the POI?

Or look several times, trying to catch a clearer image, perhaps even end up taking an extended look, or even staring (intentionally or not)?

Or maybe even take several looks at a person, possibly also looking at a phone trying to look at the POI picture, and perhaps end up taking a longer or lingering look to confirm or deny your suspicions after looking at a poster/picture/whatever?

Or would you talk to someone else, trying to get a second or third (or some other additional) opinion on if they thought your suspicions were valid? And/or if they thought something should be done?

Or would you do nothing unless you knew for certain?

Or would you do nothing? (Meaning period - regardless of degree of certainty)

Or _____ (fill in the blank)?

Would your answer vary if you thought you saw a possible missing person and not a possible person of interest or possible suspect?

Just such a short time before she vanished, too =/ Also, I think it shows that she was savvy to the same dangers that she apparently became a victim of. She wasn't operating with a blind naivety. I really identify with Hannah as a young woman who braves the outdoors on a regular basis and is often frightened by predatory men. She knew there were dangers in the world, and she just didn't want creeps to tell her that she can't live her life.

Yes! Which only makes her apparent fate all the more tragic and unthinkable. :-(

I would take all the precautionary measures possible... In other words, if I have time, say, if the possible POI was eating at the same restaurant as me, I might stare for a long time, ask my husband or friends what they think, etc... But if I'm passing him on the street, he's walking away, and I'm having that "WOWIT'SDEFINITELYTHATGUY!" feeling, I'll call fast...

Got the door slammed on me as I posted right as the last thread closed so bringing this over here...

Realizing that most WSers also probably have paid far more attention to not only POIs, but also the specifics about them, and have sought out or at least have seen more on TV or online than a large majority of the general public, and also are more apt to pay more careful attention to details, I'm especially curious about this!

What would all the WSers do if they believe they possibly saw a POI from a wanted poster that has been disseminated about and LE is looking for and requesting information on the whereabouts of the person?

Would you...

Look at someone and try to determine if it was the person you'd maybe seen on TV or on a poster once and call, even if very unsure if it's the POI?

Or look several times, trying to catch a clearer image, perhaps even end up taking an extended look, or even staring (intentionally or not)?

Or maybe even take several looks at a person, possibly also looking at a phone trying to look at the POI picture, and perhaps end up taking a longer or lingering look to confirm or deny your suspicions after looking at a poster/picture/whatever?

Or would you talk to someone else, trying to get a second or third (or some other additional) opinion on if they thought your suspicions were valid? And/or if they thought something should be done?

Or would you do nothing unless you knew for certain?

Or would you do nothing? (Meaning period - regardless of degree of certainty)

Or _____ (fill in the blank)?

Would your answer vary if you thought you saw a possible missing person and not a possible person of interest or possible suspect?

Interesting question. If it was a POI, I think I'd do all of your first four options because I would want to feel fairly certain before I put someone through that, and I definitely would call LE. If it was a missing person, same-o same-o...unless it was, say, a woman who was running for her life from an abuser.

I'd take several looks as inconspicuously as possible. Then I'd peel away to call police to tell them I thought I saw someone who resembled the suspect. If it were the actual missing person, I'd do the same but I would try to make eye contact.

If I was really confident that was POI (would try to look a lot and compare to photo on my phone or something, I always have my phone), then I would call.

If I thought I saw the missing person, I'd look extra obviously, try to get his/her attention, see if they offer any kind of subtle signals that they need help. I remember a case not too long ago where some teenage boys on their bikes (I think?) saw a woman in the back of a truck, checked her out because she was attractive, and realized she was mouthing "help me". Because they acted on this, they quite probably saved her life.

I'm sure a lot of abductees have been thoroughly convinced that there will be consequences for screaming.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=515416985269995&set=vb.148022182009479&type=2&theater
Am I the only one who thinks that those are not his pants? They look a tad small.

Hmm... Did I see someone mention that his apartment was, to some extent, packed up in boxes when LE came to search? Perhaps JM's clothes weren't easily available. Come to think of it, do we have reason to believe he stopped by his apartment before going on the run at all? I wouldn't be surprised if he borrowed whatever he could, maybe from a close friend who has his back.

Does anyone know if Hannah has any other social media outlets? I know she used twitter. If this isn't ok to ask I will delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni