Hannah Graham: The Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Discuss the ongoing search for Hannah in this thread. Post theories on where she might be found.

Suspect captured, but UVa student still missing
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 3:38 AM CST Updated: Sep 25, 2014 8:49 AM CST
By JILL CRAIG
Associated Press

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) - A man charged with abducting a missing University of Virginia sophomore has been captured in Texas and is awaiting extradition - but there is still no sign of the student, authorities said.
Hannah Graham search extends to Texas
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:10 pm
Associated Press

[...]
"This case is nowhere near over," Charlottesville Virginia Police Chief Timothy Longo told a news conference. "We have a person in custody, but there's a long road ahead of us and that long road includes finding Hannah Graham."

Texas authorities have now joined the search, while in Charlottesville, owners of rural and wooded areas were urged to examine their properties for any signs of Graham.

Charlottesville police ask property owners to search for signs of U-Va. student
By T. Rees Shapiro, Mary Pat Flaherty and Justin Jouvenal
September 25 at 3:08 PM

CHARLOTTESVILLE — Police are asking property owners in this city and throughout nearby rural Albemarle County to look for any signs of missing U-Va. student Hannah Graham, hoping that they can locate her.

Police Chief Timothy J. Longo said during a news conference Thursday afternoon that searchers have combed through most of Charlottesville and are now moving south into surrounding farms and woodland. He also urged realtors and others to look in and around vacant homes and buildings in an effort to find the teenager, who has been missing since Sept. 13.

Longo said Graham had an iPhone 5S with a pink case that has not been discovered, and he said people should report anything they see that seems out of the ordinary, including unexpected tire tracks, clothing, or other evidence that might help police find her.

Longo said in an interview Thursday that he wants anyone who knows Jesse L. “LJ” Matthew Jr., 32, who is charged with abducting Graham, to help in identifying spots that Matthew frequented and areas that would be familiar to him. Police have been searching for Graham for 12 days and have come up with almost no sign of her.

cont. at the link
Chief Longo also asked area residents to check their wildlife cams from September 13 forward, and to particularly look for the burnt orange coupe or the powder blue Nissan. If present, that portion of the video should be preserved and turned over to LE.

It sounds like Saturday's search in the CVille Area was significant. I wish there was an app that allowed users to track and confirm searched areas.

It would look something like this.

1. Users confirm/create identity with contact info.
2. CPD uploads "search areas." User selects a list of search areas to participate in.
3. GPS enabled phones auto-track the phone's path. When user is done searching, ends session.
4. Phone sends tracked area back to CPD, computer compiles searches.
5. Areas of interested could be "pinned." to alert police.

This would work much like the search for MH370. It'd help show unsearched areas...

Any developers willing to spend a long night doing this?? I'd use it.

There was a discussion on the other thread about soil.

I do not have the link, but it was stated that dirt (soil), was taken from his car.

Another poster said that the soils of VA are very analyzed because of the need to grow grapes for wine.

Where I live, in another state, soil is analyzed because of the need to know for septic tanks and because of erosion.

I cannot believe that there is not a ton of info on soil, but nothing has been released to indicate more probable areas.

He looks really strong, so putting her down the side of a mountain seems reasonable.

There seems to be indication that he may have had her in the Nissan on his drive to Texas.

Did they find something to indicate that when they took the car?

He is as cool as a cucumber.

If I was looking at the DP, I sure would not be acting as nonchalant as he. Is that the true mark of a psychopath?

Breaking news from Reporter Parker Slaybaugh that search teams are on Carter mtn Orchard. No confirmation as to whether this has to do with Hannah. Longo did mention that this area was being searched (along with everywhere else in the area, so I didn't take it to mean much). However, there was a lady that went missing there this summer (Bonnie Santiago), perhaps it has to do with her.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh

The good news is most of the publicly accessible part of the orchard is open and easy to search.

HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Search crews have converged on Carters Mountain Orchard. Multiple dog teams on site.

Is Carter's the actual apple farm, or are they just searching the general area, anyone?

Breaking news from Reporter Parker Slaybaugh that search teams are on Carter mtn Orchard. No confirmation as to whether this has to do with Hannah. Longo did mention that this area was being searched (along with everywhere else in the area, so I didn't take it to mean much). However, there was a lady that went missing there this summer (Bonnie Santiago), perhaps it has to do with her.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh
It said at least 7 dog teams and also the label said Hannah Graham

Carter's Mountain Orchard (public entrance/address) is a little under 5 miles from Tempo according to google maps

It sounds like Saturday's search in the CVille Area was significant. I wish there was an app that allowed users to track and confirm searched areas.

It would look something like this.

1. Users confirm/create identity with contact info.
2. CPD uploads "search areas." User selects a list of search areas to participate in.
3. GPS enabled phones auto-track the phone's path. When user is done searching, ends session.
4. Phone sends tracked area back to CPD, computer compiles searches.
5. Areas of interested could be "pinned." to alert police.

This would work much like the search for MH370. It'd help show unsearched areas...

Any developers willing to spend a long night doing this?? I'd use it.
Check out the SAR thread in the Parking Lot (members only area). Please DO NOT post what you read in the Parking Lot threads in the main forum.
[h=1]Hannah Graham SAR[/h]

The public part of the orchard is pretty open. Honestly I would be really surprised no one had come across her yet. People were bound to have gone apple picking past few weekends. I mean heck I am going next month, carter mountain is a pretty popular place this time of year.

Seeing the Orchard search posts, I almost didn't post this question, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I do want to know more about how the FBI can evaluate cell phone data. It's not just calls and texting that I'm interested in. We all know that apps on HG and JM's phones could have been tracking their locations that night (up until phones turned off), and may be saved on a server. They can create maps of their locations based on whatever Facebook or Yelp or other apps gather. I hope they're thinking of this. I assume they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie