A Canadian post officer has refused to deliver a package for a good reason

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Postman refuses to deliver package because of bear at the door

2509_bear3_t.ashx

A Canadian post officer has refused to deliver a package to a home for a good reason - there was a bear at the front door.

The postal worker left a note on the mailbox of the Vancouver home stating that they were unable to deliver the package.

According to Canada.com, the bear was likely to be a grizzly or black bear, which are frequently spotted around the area in British Columbia.

Canada Post took to Twitter to reach out to the owner of the house, Matthew Fane, to further investigate the situation.

Mr. Fane replied: “How come? The service was great - just thought it was funny.”

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/...cause-of-bear-at-the-door#6QgWVp0dpha2O8CQ.99

Wildlife lovers love it, this is what wildlife does - unpredictable things, like greeting the postman at the front door!!!!

Thanks for posting, PS! Saw this story online earlier today and still chuckling.

I immediately suspected this took place in my hometown of Coquitlam. My suspicions were confirmed by the picture of the bear, because I recognize it as a neighbourhood near a school I went to. I heard about bear sightings quite often growing up. I'm glad my hometown is making people smile.

Old-*advertiser censored*, Fat-*advertiser censored* Bear Roams Around Canadian Neighborhood (Deadspin)

According to local conservation officers, the bear weighs about 500 lbs. and isn't a threat to anybody. "He's just fat, and he's lazy, and he was resting," one told Global News in Canada.
more, with video, at link above

Old-*advertiser censored*, Fat-*advertiser censored* Bear Roams Around Canadian Neighborhood (Deadspin)

more, with video, at link above

:tyou: for vid wfgodot, I got a fright when he ran after the conservation officer, lol. He just wants a good lie down, poor bear.

So happy they decided not to shoot either of the bears, just monitor them. I know they're dangerous, but if there's any way to get them back to their home turf safely, imo it should be taken.

I love bears. :)

:tyou: for vid wfgodot, I got a fright when he ran after the conservation officer, lol. He just wants a good lie down, poor bear.

So happy they decided not to shoot either of the bears, just monitor them. I know they're dangerous, but if there's any way to get them back to their home turf safely, imo it should be taken.

I love bears. :)

No bears in Australia I am guessing!!

Had one that would not leave my yard until all of the apples were gone!

Oh sure, a postal worker does this and the thing goes viral.

You try using this excuse even just a few times as a middle school student and see where it gets you!!! :tantrum:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back