New lease of life for twin-headed turtle; in a casserole dish

zwiebel

Reaction score
Don't worry, the casserole dish is being used as a temporary aquarium by former animal rehabilitator Kathleen Talbot, she's not cooking turtles. Old habits die hard and when she found a mud-caked baby snapping turtle in distress, Kathleen took it home and cleaned it. That's when she discovered it had two heads.

The baby turtle is thriving at the moment - gulping down foods with both mouths - and Kathleen's named one head Frank and the other Stein, to avoid confusion. Experts say the chances of survival for the two-headed turtle in the wild are low, but Kathleen, of Hudson, Maine, is taking this as a sign she should begin animal rehabilitation again. So this two-headed may be able to look forward to a long life, in the proper aquarium Kathleen's fixing up for him - or should that be them?

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/25/outdoors/two-headed-snapping-turtle-found-in-hudson/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for this Zwiebel, when I first saw the thread heading I thought.... No!!
The poor little turtle has a hope for a longer better life now, not only does he/she have someone who can care for it, but its carer is an animal rehabilitator... It couldn't have worked out better for the little fellow. I hope the journalist does a follow up so we can see if the little fellow does grow up and what it looks likes as an adult.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back