JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I'm going to open a thread specifically for Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax rape victim since there is so much interest. Should DNA rule him out, we will close the thread. In the meantime, post relevant information here.

As to MH- only time will tell. I anticipate official DNA comparisons could be made by Tuesday or Wednesday next week at the earliest. Everyone has their own opinion on the resemblance....

Dead ringer for the MH sketch IMO!

I was wondering if he was driving cab at the time she (MH) went missing and she trusted that he would get her home. I thought similarly about HG trusting him because he probably had a UVA ID.

JMO

I'll be shocked if JM is not responsible for MH and the 2005 rape in Fairfax and probably others. They always said that the MH perp was very familiar with Charlottesville and Anchorage Farm. There was also consideration at the time the perp may have been a taxi driver. Plus his history (Liberty rape). Plus the sketch, which I think looks similar enough to JM. And Longo is deflecting the issue if he could be associated with the others cases - I believe he either thinks he could be or knows he is but really wants to keep the focus on Hannah for now. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....

Harrington’s “Pantera” T-shirt was found on November 11, 2009, in front of a row of apartments along 15th Street, NW near Grady Avenue in Charlottesville.

Is this near where he lived?

**I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?

**I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?

Oooh... here's the civil court case number since I can't post a direct link: GV11013371-01

Wow. That's all I can say.

I looked at that article and did not see it MH mentioned.

Same here. I was really disappointed that he wasn't connected and read the article but couldn't see any mention of Morgan?

You're both right. Apparently the article was updated at 7:58pm CDT, after a commenter asked for clarification on her MH statement.

I'll be shocked if JM is not responsible for MH and the 2005 rape in Fairfax and probably others. They always said that the MH perp was very familiar with Charlottesville and Anchorage Farm. There was also consideration at the time the perp may have been a taxi driver. Plus his history (Liberty rape). Plus the sketch, which I think looks similar enough to JM. And Longo is deflecting the issue if he could be associated with the others cases - I believe he either thinks he could be or knows he is but really wants to keep the focus on Hannah for now. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....

I agree that if Hannah were found I think the discussion may well be different.

If any of these end up related, the conversation would be on that over Hannah getting found in a lot of circles.

And considering that even here on WS we had people claiming that Longo was causing "hysteria" and basically starting a lynch mob, I can only imagine what the reactions would be if he'd said anything definitive either way (on what they're thinking about any possible connections or what they know).

Unless it goes a long time without Hannah being found, I suspect that they'll try not to answer anything about the other cases any more definitively than needed.

JM's in jail and unlikely to be going anywhere right now. That's what they wanted and needed, and that's where he is.

So if he is tied to any of the other already known about cases, then he's in custody and off the streets for now anyway and can't harm anyone else. If he's not tied to them, then it's really not any different than it was before JM came into the equation.

If anything, I actually think NOT pinning it down either way in terms of what they think or know about the other cases and any possibility of JM having any ties, that they're actually getting MORE information as a result of all of the discussion about it all.

People are remembering things they'd dismissed as perhaps irrelevant, people are mentioning things they were afraid to before, and it's likely more will keep coming out. And other victims may now come forward knowing he's in custody, and can't harm them again.

Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a long time but followed MDH case daily. Here is a quote from this interview with Dan and Gil Harrington re location of Morgan's murderer "Morgan's parents are appealing to the Charlottesville community to turn in a killer they say is hiding in plain sight." from:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/19847590/3-year-anniversary-of-morgan-harrington-disappearance

Gil goes on to say, "Animals stay close to their lair. They stay where they're comfortable and they stay where there's easy hunting at hand."

Watching JLM on that surveillance video closing in on Hannah so quickly, I don't believe this is his first rodeo.

What has he lied about? Why would he have reason to make such a statement? If there is any possibility that JM is linked to Morgan, no officer would deny that. They aren't going to sabotage a future case against JM even if it's not their own case.
He didn't discuss the Harrington case. The media got it wrong.

It has been stated in a few places that JM liked to fish. Here is a link to the top fishing locations in Albemarle County. It pinpoints as one of the locations the North Fork Red River - right at the location that MH was found! This is also near JM's elementary school and just a few miles from one of his known addresses.

Albemarle Fishing Locations

Here is the location that MH was found:

Location of MH's body

That is super great sleuthing. And scary. Wow.

Ok I can't figure out what's up with all the threads. Don't know if this is posted anywhere but I found it very interesting

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

More than a little interesting. From your link:
“He kept trying to put his hands on my legs, above and below the knee,” the young woman says. “He’d been way too aggressive all night, putting his arm around me, picking me up, putting his hands on my legs. I looked at him and told him to keep his hands off of me.” They were in Tempo Restaurant on Fifth Street in downtown Charlottesville. It was shortly after midnight, in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13.

The woman is a 25-year old resident of Charlottesville. The man is 32-year old Jesse “LJ” Matthew, who was arrested September 25 in Galveston, Texas on a charge of Abduction With Intent to Defile in the case involving the still-unexplained disappearance of second-year University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

What I have learned is this: throughout the night, LJ Matthew demonstrated a troubling lack of respect for the physical boundaries of women and men— or perhaps even a deeper lack of understanding that those boundaries exist.

Unprovoked, he suddenly grabbed a man in the Blue Light Grill and wrenched him into a wrestling hold so forcefully that he pulled the man’s hamstring, leaving this man limping for days. In the first few seconds of meeting two women for the first time, he yanked them up off the ground and threw them over his shoulders and laughed, making them uncomfortable and embarrassed. He continued to follow both these women, at the Blue Light and later at the Tempo restaurant, putting his arm around them, his face uncomfortably close to theirs, touching their backs, their hair, their faces, their legs— until one of them cursed at him to stop. After one of the women slipped off the boots she was wearing, LJ unexpectedly pulled off her socks, saying he wanted to see her toes. A friend of LJ’s for over nine years described him as a “prowler,” clarifying his use of the word by adding, “which is not to say he was looking for a victim, but looking for a girl who’s already compromised a little bit, maybe improve his chances.”
Much, much more at that link. Wow.

I don't know how well my post will be taken, but I am overwhelmed reading this interesting thread. I wonder is this a catharsis after the arrest, or is it a brainstorming session? I have been away from WS for years at a time, but I wonder does this happen with every case?

How do we get from an arrest (with no provided evidence except the last person reported with HG) to this person is a SAD serial killer responsible for every SA within 200 miles of every place he has been? He is even responsible for the cases of which he has been ruled out. It is like every bad SVU TV episode all wrapped into one.

Sorry Mimimak to use this as an example, but there are several similar posts and post captures some recurring themes, all the bolding from me.

Again, I don't mean to offend. The risk is some distraction from solving the current case, and a delay in finding HG. In my opinion solid sleuthing would not just make all the possible connections, it would also break the connections that don't apply (and not stretch to re-connect them.)

(Ducking) ;) This is just a challenge to second guess yourselves and also be clear about the things that don't fit...maybe acknowledge the things that are imagination vs. evidence?

1. If he was falsely accused of the Liberty U (causing him anger and triggering serial mayhem), it is not evidence of a repeat offense. It cannot be both (unless he perceives he was wrongly accused and everything was taken from him.) Honestly though he doesn't appear to be a deep thinker (although I could picture him posing like The Thinker, chin on hand, for hours without thinking about anything at all.)

2. Truly how many episodes of anger have established the pattern of anger, SAD, bi-polarity? He got road rage and punched a guy, then felt bad. And what else?

3. (Most importantly) There is no evidence of anger in the HG case is there? He high fived two women 30 seconds before putting his arm around HG and establishing some kind of bond strong enough for her to wait for him outside a bar. I doubt she would have walked with and waited for a disturbed, brooding hunter out to satisfy seasonal whiteblondegirl bloodthirst.

4. Serial killers, crime rings, etc. are very, very rare. He doesn't seem bright enough to play.

I think he is a strange one, more than meets the eye, but not all he is being made out to be. I believe the arrest warrant required a buccal swab for DNA, so if there are connections I'm sure we will hear about them. I think it unlikely.

Seems more likely in this case something bad happened during the course of something else. I would really like to know the probable cause for intent to defile. They don't have her clothes. Maybe a text or photo on his phone.

Okay, throw something at me...

No stones. I think it really is a brainstorming session. It is apparent that some of the missing/murdered women were victimized by others. But one of the things we like to do is throw everything together and see if there are patterns.

Another thing is that many of us who have been sleuthing for years and following these cases for decades, understand certain things about these cases. Like how if certain behavior is brazen, it may indicate a comfort level not typical of a first time offender. Also, the criminal history and the past accusations fit a pattern of someone who is not a first time offender.
The conduct after he was named a POI is also interesting and some may feel fits a person who has done this before.

But many people, looong before the arrest, were talking about Morgan Harrington and the sketch. The moment he was named a POI, people were making connections and speculating. However, at that time, we were not able to discuss his possible connection to Morgan or other cases yet. (Webseluths is cautious not to allow rumors and to protect reputations until the MSM reports these things). So, we didn't go from 0 to 60. We just couldn;t discuss it and many people were thinking about it and chomping at the bit to debate the issue.

He didn't discuss the Harrington case. The media got it wrong.

Thank you for clarifying that. I appreciate it!!!

Here's the link I have about the incidents:

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

the attempted grand larceny and assault are from one incident and the trespassing is from another.

I'm not sure if that was what you were asking though but I hope this helps.

Thank you, too! Earlier reports had them linked together. So, Shutterbug, don;t listen to me. This is just one more fact that ads to the weird history of this guy.

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned this, but I read somewhere that Matthew grew up near Anchorage Farms outside Charlottesville. We all know that is where Morgan's body was found. I read that Matthew attended Red Hill Elementary as a youth. That school is no more than a mile or two (as the crow flies) from where Morgan's body was found. Would be interested to know where LJ lived at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth