GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
1411739631000-beverly-carter.jpg

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

Police are in their second day of looking for clues in the disappearance of a central Arkansas real estate agent. More than 250 volunteers were out helping authorities search for clues Saturday.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is searching for 51-year-old Beverly Carter. She was reported missing by her husband September 25 after she was supposed to meet an unknown person at a home on Old River Road in Scott to show a house around 5:30 p.m. After three and half hours of no contact, her husband went to the home and found his wife's car with her purse and wallet inside, but she was nowhere to be found, and investigators have found no trace of a crime.

Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts. Flyers circulating suggest Carter stands around 5 feet, 2 inches and weighs around 145 pounds. She is also said to have blonde hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Beverly Carter is urged to contact PCSO at any of the below listed contacts.

24 hour Communications number: (501) 340-6963

Criminal Investigations Division: (501) 340-6940

Central Arkansas CRIMESTOPPERS tip line:(501) 340-TIPS(8477)

Thread #1

Media Thread

UPDATE! The TXK story about him being arrested is false! Per Forbidden Hillcrest.

Sorry if this was already asked.... Why are some articles saying he WAS a POI before crash, and some say he WAS NOT?

UPDATE! The TXK story about him being arrested is false! Per Forbidden Hillcrest.

Well, that's annoying.

Wonder if he is heading to the Louisiana swamps.

I have still only seen the one article that an arrest has been made. The article says the source is "dispatch" so a scanner? Any other ideas as to why this little site would be the only reporting news source?

Sorry if this was already asked.... Why are some articles saying he WAS a POI before crash, and some say he WAS NOT?
I don't think he was a POI before the crash, but was immediately after. Evidence in his car? But he was a POI while en route to the hospital, but without a warrant they were limited in how involved they could be while he was receiving care. By the time the warrant was signed, he was able to leave the hospital. This is my understanding at least.

I don't think he was a POI before the crash, but was immediately after. Evidence in his car? But he was a POI while en route to the hospital, but without a warrant they were limited in how involved they could be while he was receiving care. By the time the warrant was signed, he was able to leave the hospital. This is my understanding at least.

But if you look at links in the prior thread, there is at least one article that says LE was looking at him before the accident. There are also a couple of posts discussing the discrepancy in reporting.

The reporting on this case is very confusing. Let's hope that after a bit of dust settles things will become more clear. (And hopefully by that time the guy will really be in custody).

Has anyone here tried to find the scanner for the Arkansas state police? Someone on Forbidden Hillcrest says she has been listening and it's not encrypted.

From our local Channel 11 report..."Lewis was apparently a person of interest before he had reached Baptist Hospital for treatment. Minden clarified that he was "not under the guard of law enforcement at that time due to not having any criminal charges." He said Lewis left the left the hospital in the middle of testing; a warrant was obtained later in the day."
So it's just speculation if he was identified BEFORE the accident or after the accident and BEFORE he reached the hospital? The article wasn't well defined.

BBM:

I have still only seen the one article that an arrest has been made. The article says the source is "dispatch" so a scanner? Any other ideas as to why this little site would be the only reporting news source?

Location / local news station for TXK? Maybe arrested in Texarkana? (speculation)

Likely because of additional/updated information.

Weekends do not tend to be a shining example of up to the minute news in most places (and smaller markets tend to be worse).

Less staff, less investigative reporter types, less LE to even hound, less writers and techy types to get things updated...and at nearly midnight now, well...

If a presser happened it'd help, but I'm not surprised about not getting that either.

Sunday night (and now late night) in the MidWest and it not being a case of active searching at the moment (given the time) or her being found, or a suspect threatening the broader community, I suspect we'll get something more concrete from LE in the am, and that'll help with the details.

Has anyone here tried to find the scanner for the Arkansas state police? Someone on Forbidden Hillcrest says she has been listening and it's not encrypted.
If you download the app Scanner Radio, you can hear the live feed. Not very active at all though.

I've tried listening... Very quiet, maybe turned to different channel? ... Since people are listening.. Ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member