JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I'm going to open a thread specifically for Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax rape victim since there is so much interest. Should DNA rule him out, we will close the thread. In the meantime, post relevant information here.

Thread #1

Is anyone else feeling completely overwhelmed by this? I slept for about 4 hours last night as my mind was racing. I just feel like my mind is completely blown by this. I always held a bit of hope that when they ran JM's DNA they would find a match with what they had from Morgan and the 2005 rape, but I just couldn't let myself believe that they would be linked. Now I'm just stunned. Five years of hoping that the creep who slaughtered Morgan would trip up and make a mistake. And he has! Seriously, I just can't believe this has happened.

Is anyone else feeling completely overwhelmed by this? I slept for about 4 hours last night as my mind was racing. I just feel like my mind is completely blown by this. I always held a bit of hope that when they ran JM's DNA they would find a match with what they had from Morgan and the 2005 rape, but I just couldn't let myself believe that they would be linked. Now I'm just stunned. Five years of hoping that the creep who slaughtered Morgan would trip up and make a mistake. And he has! Seriously, I just can't believe this has happened.

I was 99% convinced he was guilty of HG's disappearance but was definitely on the fence regarding MH/Fairfax. I too am stunned. Not that I find it so inconceivable that someone could be guilty of multiple offenses, it's just.....I hate to say it, but he looks so normal. With someone like RAT, he looks like exactly what he is but JM....it's frightening because he looks friendly and clean-cut and average. I'm sure he used that to his full advantage.

I know looks have nothing to do with any of it, but apparently I'm more susceptible to that myth than I thought, which disturbs me.

I haven't been keeping up with all Hannah's threads currently as I just don't have the time, but I just read all of this one. Maybe this kind of info has been covered elsewhere though. Does anyone else wonder about the circumstances just prior to when their paths intersected with JLM? I may have missed stuff about why Hannah was away from her friends and running around, seemingly in distress at some point. Similarly, Morgan was acting strangely also, it is suggested from a head injury. Was their circumstances, some other misfortune like an injury for Morgan or maybe emotional upset for Hannah just a coincidence that made them additionally vulnerable? It is probably a long bow to draw that he could of set their circumstances in motion earlier in the evening but when I think about how Bundy operated he was just as happy giving things a go as actually completing the murder. It is like window shopping vs trying things on vs buying something, they are all satisfying to some degree, and while buying is the pinnacle there are downsides not associated with the scoping and anticipation.

Has it been revealed why Hannah was off on her own, after twice being with friends (if I recall correctly, at her place and at a party)?

(that should read I read all the last thread, it closed as I posted in the last one, so I pasted it here and I can't edit it as the edit box is broken when I try)

Yes! I am feeling overwhelmed and barely slept myself. My mind has been racing as well. I can not begin to imagine what Hannah's family and Morgan's family must be going through. I have gone through many emotions since learning of the forensic link. Glad he's behind bars, and relieved somewhat for the Harrington's because I know they needed to have Morgan's killer brought to justice. Their mission for the last five years was to stop this monster so another young woman wasn't taken from her family. Then my emotions shift to sadness for Hannah because this doesn't bode well for her or her family. She is most likely gone like Morgan. I am also angry because this guy has been living in plain sight all along - right there in Charlottesville - didn't anyone suspect him? I have read too many articles where friends of JMs have come out and said things like - I'm paraphrasing here...but things like "We joked with JM when the composite sketch came out and told him he was a spitting image of that sketch" and further went on to say that "JM grew his hair out after that and shaved his beard." In one interview one of his friends said that JM would go out on the prowl - I think even calling him "a prowler" or whatever and seek women out who were vulnerable to "increase his chances" or something to that effect. I mean....HELLO. Like I said in the last thread...no one wants to believe one of their friends could commit such a horrible crime...but goodness....there he was - right there! I don't know about most people...but if there was a brutally murdered girl in my town and I had a friend who very much resembled a composite sketch, who had a history and "prowled" around for vulnerable women - I would not hesitate to call in a tip to LE!!!

I tossed and turned, I don't know what time I fell asleep but I only woke up an hour ago... I had the weirdest dream too

I was 99% convinced he was guilty of HG's disappearance but was definitely on the fence regarding MH/Fairfax. I too am stunned. Not that I find it so inconceivable that someone could be guilty of multiple offenses, it's just.....I hate to say it, but he looks so normal. With someone like RAT, he looks like exactly what he is but JM....it's frightening because he looks friendly and clean-cut and average. I'm sure he used that to his full advantage.

I know looks have nothing to do with any of it, but apparently I'm more susceptible to that myth than I thought, which disturbs me.

I have such a different opinion of him. He doesn't look clean cut at all to me and looks like a big mean . I know you shouldn't judge people for the way they look....but with his size and the way he looks....I'd be scared to death of him. Maybe in the earlier pictures of him he doesn't look so mean...but the newer pictures of him....yikes.

I don't know if JM is a sociopath but sociopaths from what I've read are actually attractive, charismatic people.

OMG
A staffer at the Trading Post, a convenience store on Monacan Trail Road less than two miles from where Harrington’s remains were found at Anchorage Farm, said patrons had seen Matthew in the store after Graham disappeared. The store’s owner could not confirm whether Matthew had been sighted in the store recently.

Early Monday, two people announced that Matthew’s “friends and supporters” set up an online fundraising site for his defense. Several hours later, the organizers asked in an email that their names be removed from information about the crowdfunding site, which had a goal of raising $50,000.

“I have received threatening and menacing emails, and do not feel comfortable having my contact information available any longer.” one of the organizers wrote.

Monday evening, a comment on the site stated that the campaign had been suspended “due to inappropriate behavior, including threats and menacing behavior.”
Neighbors said Matthew’s mother moved him to the country to keep him out of trouble. He did not cause any in the several years he lived there, they said.

There is a fair amount of new info at this link
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-harrington-graham-cases-linked/article_583710e8-484e-11e4-b26d-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

It might have been addressed already and I didn't catch it, but was there any follow up on the tip that came from Washington and Lee University ( Lexington ) about the MH suspect being spotted ?

I'm totally with you on RAT looking "the part," but JM SEEMED normal by looks and by friends' accounts. I know several people that knew him that never in a million years thought him capable of this. One expressed how disturbed they will be if in fact he is guilty and it will forever shake their trust of people. How can anyone ever truly know WHO someone REALLY is if this guy who seemed so kind and sweet is capable of such horrors? Well, I guess that friend is reeling from this latest linkage. :(

This is the thread that I thought was most likely to go away, since I really felt the chances were slim that LE would be so lucky to finally catch the brutal serial rapist that attacked MH and the DNA related rape case.. The simple explanation of the Hannah Graham case, was it was a pick up that went wrong, and the JM was a careless guy who had boundary problems, that had been trying to score on girls this way for a long time, successful enough times to continue this pattern. And then something went awry with Hannah. Though I feared that she was not alive, that he killed or left her somewhere to die, I did not think he was someone that deliberatelely preyed on woment with the full intent to hurt and kill when no one was looking. Not that it made any difference to me that JM needed to be locked up and kept away from us, in that he was dangerous. Regardless of whether it was a mistake or not, if he was responsible for Hannah's disappearance, he was not someone safe to leave loose. But this....gives me the chills and a very,very sick feeling that this person, with such utter disregard of life, a murderer, a brutal assailant was running around in the midstream of a vibrant community, ready to strike any time opportunity arose.

We all know this exists, but when one sees this evil in the form of a medical technician at a well regarded hospital, a cab driver (and we put incapacitated people in cabs to get home and use then our selves!), a youth football coach, the horror runs deep. THis guy was introduced to others, was actively with others, just always waiting for a chance to "get" someone, and Hannah walked right into him, almost literally.

I'm glad, very glad that the perp of those two violent crimes is likely found and in custody, but I also grieve for Hannah's parents. I think we all had a glimmer of hope that whatever happened to Hannah , she might still be alive, or at least that she went easily. That she died at the hands of what appears to be a violent person who makes that less likely.

For those who are ready to put JM's head on stick already, shut down his fund raising page and are calling his attorney names, be aware that even if he is as guilty as can be of this and more, he needs to have a proper trial and treated with a presumption of innocence or, he just might walk free. We need those who support those who have committed the most heinous of crimes because our justice system so insists and sometime in over zealous activiities to punish the perp, we end up helping him, by not giving what is due to him. Also, we need to see what the evidence actually is in this case. Oh,yes I unplugged the cork to the champagne, with the capture of what appears to be evil incarnated, but I ;m not investing in a wholesale toast yet. If there is a direct DNA match, that's one thing. If there is a general match from the mishmash in that dumpster of a car he has to Morgan, that's a whole other. Wouldn't surprise me a second if the entire perp community of Virginia was in that car at one time or other and left DNA in there, not to mention JM has two roommates. There is still info to process.

But for now, I believe the streets of Virginia, particularlly Charlottesville are safer, with JM behind bars. And I continue to pray for Hannah and her loved ones.

I have been wondering why the police are only stating there is a "forensic link to the MH case" vs a DNA link. Here is a thought. Assuming it takes a couple weeks to process DNA, they have only had time to process DNA in the car. (DNA straight from Jessie's cheek was only taken recently). Therefore they may know DNA in Jessie's car matches DNA found on MH, but they can't tie it directly to Jessie until his DNA test comes back. And maybe they wanted to announce the correlation to the MH case quickly to encourage Jessie to talk. Just a thought.

I have such a different opinion of him. He doesn't look clean cut at all to me and looks like a big mean . I know you shouldn't judge people for the way they look....but with his size and the way he looks....I'd be scared to death of him. Maybe in the earlier pictures of him he doesn't look so mean...but the newer pictures of him....yikes.

If you saw him you would be scared of him from his looks ? Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74