Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss the SEARCH for Hannah Graham.

OFF TOPIC posts will be removed.

Thanks.

ETA: Discussion of Alexis Murphy and Randy Allen Taylor belongs in the appropriate forum.

Forum: Randy Allen Taylor

Love this. From Albemarle Police.

We appreciate this symbol reminding everyone of the importance of this search & our efforts to find #HannahGraham. pic.twitter.com/JphixNo1DU
12:41pm - 2 Oct 14

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By9L8tpIAAAx0Jz.jpg

(These bracelets given to searchers by her HS with "HEG" and her softball #)

The search seems so "high tech" and thorough. Hope HG is found today!
LE seems so focused on finding a her in a place the drones and special cameras are being used. Could JM have at least confessed a certain kind of place they should be looking in (woods, field, abandoned building, etc) or based on public leads? I bet we won't find out if he has talked at all....

With leaves still 95% on the trees, the drones would only be useful in looking for tire marks, mushed down sections of grass and in open fields.

Found a live stream on wdbj7.com for the search presser. It was very garbled at times so I couldn't catch too much, but here are my notes. Mostly paraphrasing, and I did miss quite a bit, so if anyone has any questions let me know. There will be another presser tomorrow at a different location, a spokesperson said they would "send out an email".

Q: Is the focus on rescue or recovery? A: focus is on finding Hannah. The other information, other potential cases, we have every confidence that law enforcement is going to examine those details, but our focus is on Hannah.

A: Search conditions are good. Heat coming up, vegetation tough, but good.

A: Using technology to be efficient, save man hours.

A: Using law enforcement and volunteer SAR groups. Rotating the volunteers in and out. 40 personnel today. Ramp up to greater effort over weekend.

A: Mentions blue wristbands from West Potomac HS softball team, has Hannah's initials and softball # – we look at them, they are tangible, keeps us focused and dedicated.

A: UAS still working north of the county.

A: Ask landowners in Albemarle and surrounding counties, information is coming from Nelson and other counties, looking for people to keep giving information to them.

A: The aircraft with imaging will not be up until Sunday. Company that donated does aerial surveys.

Q: Challenge for people who are not their on site to give permission? A: Have asked realtors, asking people to check their properties, can check property records.

A: UAS already helpful, go into areas that are difficult for search teams to go into, or for helis to fly because of power lines.

A: Most advanced SAR effort in Virginia to date. Lots of things being offered to us. This is not normal, this is extraordinary. Public interest drives a lot, a lot is people willing to step up to the plate and help.

Q: Some question about Randy Taylor (couldn’t hear) A: that has nothing to do with this case. This is focused on Hannah.

A: we have extraordinary maps – wish I could show them to you. We very carefully coordinate our tracks, where we have searched.

Q: Any significant finds? A: Most of what has been found has been discounted. Greatest thing so far is where she is not.

Introduced folks from Albemarle hunting clubs – asking assistance of hunters in search for Hannah. Deer hunting with bows start this weekend. Also getting word out to hunters to help with searcher safety.

did anyone catch the 2pm press update?

Per PC - Anticipate we're going to ramp up to a greater effort over the weekend. Most of what we've found has been discounted. The greatest thing we've done is determined a whole lot of areas where she is not.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...277894552.html

“We're going to search every patch of this county,” said VDEM Search and Rescue Coordinator Mark Eggman. ”Every single patch of this county we are going to search and if we have to bring people in from all over the Commonwealth of Virginia we are going to do that. The search isn't over until we find Hannah Graham.”

Investigators say they are shifting part of the search to Nelson co. after receiving a tip. According to the sheriff, several search warrants were filed in Nelson earlier this week, but those records have been sealed.

Crews will also be searching in the Stony Pointe area of Albemarle Co"

Bessie there is going to be a live presser at 3 regarding the Lyon sisters, have no idea where to put this.

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/livestreaming

OMGosh I wonder if they found them? They have been missing since the 70's from a shopping center in Rockville, MD. I remember it well. The DA from Montgomery CO will be speaking, They have been searching in Bedford, CO VA for a few weeks. The guy they suspect is in a Del. prison.

Found a live stream on wdbj7.com for the search presser. It was very garbled at times so I couldn't catch too much, but here are my notes. Mostly paraphrasing, and I did miss quite a bit, so if anyone has any questions let me know. There will be another presser tomorrow at a different location, a spokesperson said they would "send out an email".

Q: Is the focus on rescue or recovery? A: focus is on finding Hannah. The other information, other potential cases, we have every confidence that law enforcement is going to examine those details, but our focus is on Hannah.

A: Search conditions are good. Heat coming up, vegetation tough, but good.

A: Using technology to be efficient, save man hours.

A: Using law enforcement and volunteer SAR groups. Rotating the volunteers in and out. 40 personnel today. Ramp up to greater effort over weekend.

A: Mentions blue wristbands from West Potomac HS softball team, has Hannah's initials and softball # – we look at them, they are tangible, keeps us focused and dedicated.

A: UAS still working north of the county.

A: Ask landowners in Albemarle and surrounding counties, information is coming from Nelson and other counties, looking for people to keep giving information to them.

A: The aircraft with imaging will not be up until Sunday. Company that donated does aerial surveys.

Q: Challenge for people who are not their on site to give permission? A: Have asked realtors, asking people to check their properties, can check property records.

A: UAS already helpful, go into areas that are difficult for search teams to go into, or for helis to fly because of power lines.

A: Most advanced SAR effort in Virginia to date. Lots of things being offered to us. This is not normal, this is extraordinary. Public interest drives a lot, a lot is people willing to step up to the plate and help.

Q: Some question about Randy Taylor (couldn’t hear) A: that has nothing to do with this case. This is focused on Hannah.

A: we have extraordinary maps – wish I could show them to you. We very carefully coordinate our tracks, where we have searched.

Q: Any significant finds? A: Most of what has been found has been discounted. Greatest thing so far is where she is not.

Introduced folks from Albemarle hunting clubs – asking assistance of hunters in search for Hannah. Deer hunting with bows start this weekend. Also getting word out to hunters to help with searcher safety.

Thanks Hoosgirl! I watched it too but the stream was sketchy. One thing I did catch Re Q's about RAT I thought I heard someone ask if they planned on searching his land/home? And the answer was no, reiterated focus on finding Hannah.

I found it interesting when asked about any significant finds too, that 'most' things found had been discounted.

Thanks Hoosgirl! I watched it too but the stream was sketchy. One thing I did catch Re Q's about RAT I thought I heard someone ask if they planned on searching his land/home? And the answer was no, reiterated focus on finding Hannah.

I found it interesting when asked about any significant finds too, that 'most' things found had been discounted.

Jmo some things probably are being tested, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie