OK - Beheading threat legit, or inopportune joking around?

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Fired Oklahoma City nursing home worker threatened beheading, police say (Daily Oklahoman)

In a bizarre coincidence, a fired Oklahoma City nursing home employee was arrested Friday after a co-worker reported he threatened to cut her head off.

Jacob Mugambi Muriithi, 30, is being held in the Oklahoma County jail on a terrorism complaint. His bail is set at $1 million.
---
The arrest came on the same day police in Moore revealed fired Vaughan Foods worker Alton Alexander Nolen beheaded a co-worker.
---

Fired Oklahoma City nursing home worker charged with terrorism hoax (Daily Oklahoman)

---
Muriithi claims he and the co-worker were both joking around.

“It appears to be a case that the parties were mutually having a conversation and mutually joking,” defense attorney Christian Zeaman said.

“It sounds just like they were mutually having fun with each other. They were both joking. I think the (police) report really indicates that. ...I’m investigating this hot and heavy. ...He is a Catholic, he goes to church, he has the support of the community. It was never a terrorist hoax,” the attorney said.
---

I'll go with "inopportune joking around," a.k.a., here, "The Big Oops."

From second article linked above:

---
Oklahoma’s anti-terrorism act specifically prohibits joking about an act of terrorism against a population.

Prosecutors allege Muriithi violated the act because he intended to cause “the population of Christians in Oklahoma County” and Garrett personally to experience a disruption of personal security, fear and anxiety.
---

Uhm... He wanted Christians to experience disruption of security, fear and anxiety? How? He IS a Christian!! Or is this one of those places where Catholics aren't considered Christians?

Joke is in terrible taste, but good grief, terrorism charges?? :eek:hoh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23