ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Thomas "Tom" Gregory Bearson
thomasbearson.jpg

NDSU student from Sartell is missing
FARGO, N.D. –
North Dakota State University officials are asking for the public's help in finding Thomas "Tom" Gregory Bearson, who is from Sartell. Bearson, a first-year student, was last seen Saturday morning, according to a post on the university's website. It appears his cellphone is not working. If you have seen Bearson, call NDSU police at 701-231-8998 or text 701-526-6006. Bearson received coverage in the St. Cloud Times for his high school sports career. A profile of him that appeared in February's Times highlighted his role as a senior guard on the Sartell boys basketball team. At that time, Bearson had recently scored 16 points in one game, including his 1,000th career point, to help Sartell win over St. Michael-Albertville. He told the Times then that if he chose to go to North Dakota State he would major in pharmaceuticals.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/09/21/ndsu-student-sartell-missing/16030443/

4796264_G.jpg

Thread #1

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/09/29/bearson-funeral-monday-morning/16417741/

1,250 mourners gather in Sartell to remember Bearson

While authorities investigate the death of 18-year-old North Dakota State University student Thomas Bearson, about 1,250 people gathered for a funeral service Monday at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church.

Overflow seating accommodated the crowd in a service that highlighted Thomas' easygoing personality and passion for athletics.

Bearson's body was found Tuesday outside a recreational vehicle business in Moorhead. The Ramsey County medical examiner's office says Bearson died as the "result of homicidal violence."

Please continue here...

See all of you fine folks when there's some news in this case. :seeya:

I will stick to my guns saying fargo is a out of control drug town.

Another body found in the river today

MN mom, you are right.

It is all about communication.

There is no reason that they cannot come on the news everyday and give an update.

LE does that on other cases across the nation.

Reassure the public that they are working on it.

Look at the Hannah Graham case. The perp may have been involved in lots of missing women.

Communication!

The only body I heard about being pulled from the Red River today was in Louisiana. There was also the one they found Monday that they just mentioned today. Was there another one too?

Confusion -

Yes there is a link to the article in the other thread... Moorhead police announced today that the body of a young man was found in the Red River a week ago! They were just releasing the info now because they were trying to figure out who it was first.

Weird.

I guess I'll have to reread those posts. The only one I saw was about the middle-aged man they had found on September 29th. Thanks

Hi Rocco, I hope you stay involved with this thread, your insight is valuable.
In regards to the family's statement thanking LE... I am not surprised at all by their gratitude. When tragedy strikes, you have to believe that justice will prevail - your life depends on it. The detectives and lawyers make promises to you, and your faith lies with them. I agree that at this point, it is best to allow them space to do their work that they are trained to do. However if another couple weeks pass, concern will grow and fear will set in. If a month passes, trust may start to deteriorate. I truly hope that is not the case.
As I said, I attended NDSU and lived in the same neighborhood as CM and JW. I often walked home alone late at night, in the dark, after late night study sessions. I remember my fear back then, and how my dad bought me a keychain flashlight for those walks. I shined it back and forth along my path as I walked briskly thru the dark.
Why do I not see any indication of fear or concern from the students? Parents of students (besides the few on this board)? Not to mention CM, and others at that house? I would have been absolutely terrified! There has to be immense fear among these people. Can anyone here speak to that issue? Anyone here currently attending NDSU?

So, the cops found this body on the 29th, the day before they found Tom's body. Does this mean they simply came across the body in the river because they happened to be looking for Tom?

The article claims a boater found the body. A random boater I wonder, or one looking for Tom? Seems almost too weird to be a coincidence.

So, the cops found this body on the 29th, the day before they found Tom's body. Does this mean they simply came across the body in the river because they happened to be looking for Tom?

The article claims a boater found the body. A random boater I wonder, or one looking for Tom? Seems almost too weird to be a coincidence.

I think Tommy's body was found on the 23rd, which is 6 days prior to this body being found. But how long had the body been in the river before being found?

I will stick to my guns saying fargo is a out of control drug town.

Another body found in the river today

So your conclusion from that fact is that Fargo is a drug town gone wild?

Seriously?

I'm sorry, but you must have never actually lived in or near a city.

Hence the need for daily updating, and Hannah has not been found.

Tom is found. LE will do their job without the pestering, for Petes sake.

There is a boy found with rocks in his backpack that LE says is a suicide.

The dots were not connected for Hannah and maybe many other women.

Who knows what crazies are out there.

It is no big deal to have the media person give an update . It reassures people.

Like it or not, it is all about communication.

As a white , retired professional woman , I do not have a favorable impression of most LE. Experiences that I have had that are very negative.

There are many, but the most egregious was when my friend who owned a business watched LE subdue a man who was Native. My friend called additional LE. The man died and there were lawsuits.

I have so many personal stories. Like the time my son called in garbage being dumped on a scenic roadway and LE snottily asked him if he was CSI. Then they proceeded to try to manhandle him.

Luckily, it happened by our home and my son called my hubby who came right down there along with my DIL. It was ugly.

I have many more things that have happened that have left me with a horrible impression.

My BF was married to a detective who used to hold a gun to her head. She had many LE stories.

So communication is key.

From the NDSU FB page:

President Bresciani is scheduled to present the State of the University Address on Thursday, Oct. 9, at 11 a.m., Festival Concert Hall. Live streaming will be available at 10:55 a.m. at www.ndsu.edu/president/speeches.

Hopefully they will address the safety concerns of the students and parents out there. EDIT: And hopefully the media will be there to ask some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan