MS MS - Sardis, Fem 15-29, UP12953, Skeletal, gold necklace, piece of clothing, car jack, Jan'14

Migmuu

Reaction score
UP#12953

This girl (woman?) was just added to NamUs last week. Unfortunately, there isn't much to go on.

DEMOGRAPHICS

Race: Unsure
Sex: Female
Weight: Cannot estimate
Height: 58 inches, estimated

CIRCUMSTANCES

Found on 583 E. Pratcher Road, Sardis, Panola County, MS

A cranium was found in the woods behind 583 E. Pratcher Road by a lady hunting her horse. The cranium was found in a wooded area under some trees. An additional search was conducted by Dr. Nicholas Herrmann and students of Mississippi State University under the supervision of the Panola County Coroner and the Panola County's Sheriff Department. They found two femora(left & right) near the original location of the cranium along with a piece of clothing, a gold necklace and a car jack.

CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES

Some [unspecified] old clothing found close to femur
Gold necklace
Car jack found near second femur

IDENTIFIERS

Fingerprints: Currently not available
Dentals: Currently not available
DNA: Samples submitted - tests complete

The closest PM I could find is Latrice Armstead. She disappeared 1 1/2 years before the remains were found, and the distance is only 47 miles. Her age and height are within range.

There's also Kamesha Williams, who disappeared about 4 1/2 years and 49 miles away, and her age is within range. But you'd have to assume the height is wrong and the person who submitted the case to NamUs meant to put 5'8 instead of 58 inches (4'10).

In trying to Google map 583 E. Pratcher Road, Sardis, I tried Sardis, Batesville, Oxford, and Como MS. The only one Google recognized as being close to that address was 583 Ed Pratcher Road in Como. That's not unusual, as these towns have outlying areas that are sometimes identified with one town, sometimes another (depending on whether you're talking water, electric, cable, etc.). Como, like Batesville and Sardis, is in Panola County.

583 Ed Pratcher Road is located in the northwestern area of Sardis Lake (which might also account for the "Sardis" rather than "Como.")

Would be nice if they could give us pix of clothing and necklace.

From Jan 31, 2014
Human skull found in Panola County
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/24604503/human-skull-found-in-north-mississippi
"It's been determined that is a female with an apparent bullet hole behind the left ear."
Sheriff Darby says the skull may bring closure to an old missing person's case.
"We have two in mind I know of. One goes back 15 years that we will consider and another one in DeSoto County that we will be working close with them on," said Darby.

video & a little more at link.

One female is listed on NamUs missing from DeSoto Co, MS. She is Katherine Lowery LKA 02/02/1999 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9672/3/
MS - Katherine Lowery, 27, 1999 - Chilling story

She's been added to the Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1248ufms.html

Interestingly, the estimated height is 5'7 - 5'9 (it was 58 inches/4'10 on NamUs). If this is accurate, then Kamesha Williams seems like a fairly strong PM. She went missing 47 miles from Sardis and her age is also within range.

There's also Shirley Gladney, missing since April 1999. Her age and height are within range, and she disappeared about 88 miles from Sardis.

Another one I like is Chassity Reed, missing since October 2002. Age and height are within range. Charley says she went missing from Little Rock, AK but when she last contacted her family, she said she was in Greenwood, MS. Greenwood is 79 miles from Sardis.

I'll try calling in these PMs today

ETA: I just called the number listed on NamUs and my call got passed around like 3 or 4 times (and even transferred to CrimeStoppers at one point) before I realised that I was actually calling detectives in Austin, TX... I guess I'll just email Doe Network and the Michael Nance to tell them the contact info is incorrect

No ruleouts. The height discrepancy between Namus and Doenet still hasn't been resolved. No news.

The post above regarding a bullet hole behind the left ear prompted me to search through MS cases for the most likely victims of homicide. And there is one who fits the general criteria:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4355/

Her height falls somewhere in between Namus and Doe. DNA is available for comparison. According to this article:

http://lancasteronline.com/news/she-made-a-mistake/article_65dd8555-9dde-59f5-a6f7-1c7c4dd65c8d.html

her boyfriend is believed to have shot her in the head at their apartment in Alligator, which is ~60 miles southwest of Sardis. He allegedly burned her body and threw it into Alligator Lake, but it was never found there.

Wonder if the story he gave them was false, and he actually took the body to the Sardis location instead.

In trying to Google map 583 E. Pratcher Road, Sardis, I tried Sardis, Batesville, Oxford, and Como MS. The only one Google recognized as being close to that address was 583 Ed Pratcher Road in Como. That's not unusual, as these towns have outlying areas that are sometimes identified with one town, sometimes another (depending on whether you're talking water, electric, cable, etc.). Como, like Batesville and Sardis, is in Panola County.

583 Ed Pratcher Road is located in the northwestern area of Sardis Lake (which might also account for the "Sardis" rather than "Como.")

Also, there is a 583 EARNEST Pratcher Road that pulls up in the same vicinity with a mobile home property on it - looking up records, it looks like one of the past owners last name was actually Pratcher - just wonder how someone would find that place to dump a body out in the middle of "no where" but near a house? Unless the house was not there until far after the body was disposed of ..583 E Pratcher Road.jpg

Also, there is a 583 EARNEST Pratcher Road that pulls up in the same vicinity with a mobile home property on it - looking up records, it looks like one of the past owners last name was actually Pratcher - just wonder how someone would find that place to dump a body out in the middle of "no where" but near a house? Unless the house was not there until far after the body was disposed of ..
attachment.php

If the dumper is not a local and in a hurry/panic, thinking they've found a remote area? A lot of people especially from bigger towns, do not realise that it's common in the countryside to have miles between neighbors and then to have a cluster of housing with random dirt roads. Especially places with livestock and horses, since you might need to keep your fields empty for years for the ground to recuperate. If it's very dark, they think they found a random dirt road into the forest and try to "just get over with it".

Sardis Jane Doe has been added to NCMEC, she now has a face and a photograph of the necklace has been made available.

Have you seen this child?

NCMU1268480c1.jpg
NCMU1268480x1.jpg

On January 14, 2014 partial skeletal remains were found in a wooded area along E Pratcher Road in Sardis, Mississippi. Remains were determined to be a female, 15-30 years old at the time of death who stood approximately 4'11"-5'06" tall. Her race is undetermined, but some European features are observed. The female had been deceased for an extended period of time but a confident timeframe is unknown. A piece of unidentifiable clothing, a gold necklace and a car jack were found near the Jane Doe but it is unknown if the items are truly associated to her or not. A digitally recreated image of the necklace recovered is featured above. The other image is a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life. The female's lower jaw was not recovered so the jawline is the artist's interpretation and only an approximation.

The first post says they have her DNA. I think she will eventually be identified. And I hope there will be justice. Poor woman and her loved-ones.

1248UFMS

Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

I submitted these two.

Hi!
So I just joined so I’m very very new. I just happened to be looking at the ms missing kids website last night and the Jane doe got my attention. After seeing her and the necklace, I then noticed another missing teen from ms wearing one in most of her photos. She doesn’t actually favor the rendering at first glance but they don’t actually know the Jane doe’s skin tone, hair color, eye color, or even her jawline. If you were to change those, she bears a resemblence to Madeline Ponds, who also is wearing a gold necklace in two of the three photos available of her.

2EA36BDA-80BB-40F7-A275-5DF759BBE098.jpeg ABD00AE1-D81C-4E16-8769-F46F083F23A3.jpeg A78096E5-0228-456D-9266-C1668DF5FEFB.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back