KS KS - Jaquilla Scales, 4, Wichita, 5 Sept 2001

gagesmom314

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a case that I have been trying to research lately. I searched the site and found no information on this at all. It recieved very little coverage here in Kansas and I know that someone out there knows something that will put this family to rest.

MISSING CHILD ALERT
09/05/2001

Jacquille Scales was 4-years-old when she was discovered missing from her grandmother's home new 16th and Volutsia in Wichita in the morning early morning hours of September 5, 2001. She was last seen wearing a full-length nightgown with flowers on it. Jaquilla has a scar on her upper right leg, a brown birthmark on her face, and her upper teeth are decayed. She may answer to the name Grammy-Boo.

NCMEC Profile

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Age Progressed Photo

NCMC919898e1.jpg

Something triggered my memory of Jaquilla's disappearance and I had to see if her case was followed here. I am happy to see it was!! I remember all too well when aquilla being reported missing; at the time, I honestly believed someone took her. However, since I have been a member here and have read so many cases, I do not believe she was harmed by a stranger. I hate that I think this, but I do. Hopefully one day sweet Jaquilla and justice will be found.

Yes, knowing what we have learned about crime and criminals over the last 15 years, today I would say someone in the home or a friend of someone in the home. Prayers for her family.

I live close to Wichita an have followed this case since it happened, seems like very little investigating was ever done...sad

Fourteen years ago Jaquilla disappeared; it honestly seems like yesterday. I pray one day the truth will be found for this sweet little girl.

Jaquilla's birthday is March 2, 1997 (she should be a year older than my baby). Because I can do nothing else to find this sweet girl, I have commented on every post I could find on Facebook and added #JusticeforJaquilla!.

Human remains found in western Sedgwick County, sheriff’s office says

A landowner mowing property in western Sedgwick County on Monday afternoon came across what’s believed to be human remains, an official with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said.
Lt. Lin Dehning said it’s too early to tell the age and gender of the person found and whether foul play was involved. The remains were discovered at about 3:20 p.m. in a field south of a house in the 14800 block of West 13th Street North, just outside the Wichita city limits near 151st Street West.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/art...#storylink=cpy

Human remains found in western Sedgwick County, sheriff’s office says

A landowner mowing property in western Sedgwick County on Monday afternoon came across what’s believed to be human remains, an official with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said.
Lt. Lin Dehning said it’s too early to tell the age and gender of the person found and whether foul play was involved. The remains were discovered at about 3:20 p.m. in a field south of a house in the 14800 block of West 13th Street North, just outside the Wichita city limits near 151st Street West.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/art...#storylink=cpy
I wonder who the remains belonged to :'(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I meant to wish Jaquilla a happy birthday earlier. You will never be forgotten, little one.

Kansas missing children: What happened to Jaquilla Scales?

[....]

Jaquilla was four-years-old when she was last seen in a flowered night shirt on the night of September 5, 2001. Her grandmother woke up to find her gone from their Wichita home. Officers and community members searched for the little girl, but didn't find any clues.

Then, the September 11th attacks, and the attention shifted away from her case.

“I don't want nobody to forget her. I want the world to remember my niece like they remember 911,” Jaquilla’s aunt, Aletha Scholfield said.

Jaquilla's case is still open with the Wichita Police Department. But there are no new developments. Captain Brent Allred doesn't want you to underestimate the smallest bit of information in this case--anything could turn into something.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/De...ichita-girl-missing-since-2001-481570851.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back