Dogwalker finds bass, thinks it's a body

zwiebel

Reaction score
A Springfield, Oregon dogwalker got the shock of her life when she found a six feet tall case abandoned at the side of the trail. She thought it contained a body.

It actually held a 150-year-old bass, stolen from the vehicle of a member of the Eugene Symphony Orchestra the night before, while he unloaded groceries.

The bass, worth $10,000 and weighing 30lbs, is completely undamaged and safely back with its owner now.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/o...cae-88ec-5f86-81d4-f431e0670227.html?mode=jqm

We had someone call 9-1-1 to report a 'body by the side of the road' that was actually the cushions of a couch someone had lost off the back of a truck.

Hey- I'm not sure I'd get close enough to be sure it was a body either! :scared:

ET: Not gonna lie- at first I thought it was a FISH they found, and I was howling over that mental picture!

I read the thread name and thought it was about "bass" as in "fish." I thought somebody found a pile of dead fish and mistakenly thought it was a dead body, LOL. :)

One of my best friends played the bass viol in the youth symphony orchestra when we were teenagers. She had a car as big as a whale to haul that thing around in too. It was bigger than she was.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who surmised from the title that this was a fishy thread! (Does it say something about our cultural background, you think?)

My friend the professional 'cellist said:

That thief was much more careful with that instrument than airport baggage handlers....

Once I saw a body in the dumpster at work. I tossed in my trash and caught a glimpse of flesh. So I walked to our frontline, got between my employee and the customer and whispered for him to check the dumpster. He said no - couldn't do dead bodies. So I asked the other guy. He came back in and informed me it was a skinned goat carcass. I was so relieved it wasn't human!

Once I saw a body in the dumpster at work. I tossed in my trash and caught a glimpse of flesh. So I walked to our frontline, got between my employee and the customer and whispered for him to check the dumpster. He said no - couldn't do dead bodies. So I asked the other guy. He came back in and informed me it was a skinned goat carcass. I was so relieved it wasn't human!

This, of course, begs the question - WHY was there a skinned goat carcass in the dumpster?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back