CA - Barricade, standoff in Torrance. Ongoing. Hostage safe

zwiebel

Reaction score
A man from the Inland Empire is reported to have kidnapped his ex-girlfriend at gunpoint from Redondo Beach Thursday.

He is now barricaded in a Super 8 Motel in Torrance. The hostage has been released but there is now a tense standoff with police and shots ( by suspect) have been fired. A local preschool, Golden Kids, has gone on lockdown and the immediate area (Sepulveda Blvd) is closed and being evacuated.

Pls, pls, can someone post a link to this story? Just google 'Torrance' and they will all come up. My stupid ipad just won't let me link the stories, but it's all over the news. I know the name of the suspect, but haven't stated it because I can't post the link.

Will keep trying. :(

Thank you, thank you, dear mods! I tried to post a link more times than I could count!

Apparently, police have fired no shots - they were from the suspect. And earlier (think it may have changed now), people in Torrance were aware something was going on but had no idea there was a standoff.

The hotel has been safely evacuated and the preschool lockdown is purely precautionary, I think. Police have a huge presence and they aren't going to let the suspect anywhere near that school, I think.

All lanes on Sepulveda Blvd are closed between Crenshaw and Arlington, in Torrance, as a precaution.

kimi, have you seen the tweets? I thought the hotel was evacuated, but it seems it was not. There are guests still in there....

kimi, have you seen the tweets? I thought the hotel was evacuated, but it seems it was not. There are guests still in there....

Hi zwiebel. I'm just logging in for the day. Please let me know which hashtag you are following on twitter and I'll check it out / bring over the tweets to the thread.

I'm working on helping out downstairs as well. Anything I can do to assist.

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe don't bring over tweets about grandma, kimi? Just in case suspect is on social media. Don't want to draw attention....

Maybe don't bring over tweets about grandma, kimi? Just in case suspect is on social media. Don't want to draw attention....

Good thinking zwie. This is a very fluid and scary situation.

May God protect this Grandma and give strength to both her and the girl. My heart is breaking for them :tears:

I know. I'd be going crazy. Son's headed over there but I'm sure police won't let him anywhere near. Hoping police have suspect pinned down in one motel room.

I don't mean to be personal, but whatever is suspect doing? He is facing some serious kidnap charges, but nobody has been hurt so far and a jail term might not be the end of the world. All he is doing is making it worse. It's crazy.

I found it. She's in direct contact with an ABC7 news anchor. Unfortunately she has location services activated on her feed, and has published the name of the missing grandma, so I am going to PM a Mod and ask for direction.

It's already out there, but I am concerned for their privacy/safety.

I'll update you ASAP.

:(

I still cannot post a link of course, but some media are reporting the hotel is still being evacuated. I'm certain LE have suspect pinned down in one room myself, and he's not going anywhere.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back