NC - Lennon Lacy, 17, football player found hanged, Aug 2014

To be fair, LE has not said suicide-they have said no evidence of foul play. Which leaves us with suicide. For a high school football star with scratches and abrasions and a knot over his eye wearing shoes that did not belong to him.

Hazing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hard to know with hardly any news out there. His shoes that are gone are Jordans-beaten and robbed? Maybe a woman? He was seeing woman up until recently.

I agree this doesn't sound like suicide. I find this very curious:

The last person known to have seen Lacy alive was his father, Larry Walton. Around midnight on the night before the game, he came out of his bedroom to fetch a glass of water and saw his son preparing his school bag for the following morning. “I told him he needed to get to bed, the game was next day, and he said ‘OK, Daddy’.” A little later Walton heard the front door open and close; Walton assumed Lacy must have stepped out of the house, but thought no more of it and went to sleep.

Next morning there was no sign of Lacy, and Walton and Lacy’s mother, Claudia, thought he’d gone off to school. Later that morning, Claudia noticed he’d left some of his football gear on the line, so she called the school to say she’d bring it to him before the game. She was surprised to be told that her son hadn’t turned up at school. Just as she put the phone down, there was a knock on the door, and the Bladenboro police chief, Chris Hunt, was standing in front of her.
<snipped>

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...arolina-teenager-suspicious-death-lennon-lacy

I suspect Lennon went out to meet with someone early that morning. I wonder if his school bag was missing? Might he have been packing something in it to take with him and was waiting for his parents to go to bed before leaving? Who would he have arranged to meet, and why? Did LE search his cell phone and computer for clues?

I think the shoes are a big clue pointing to murder. I'm not sure he was killed for the shoes, but I think the killer(s) took the shoes after he was killed for another motive, because Jordans tend to be expensive shoes. I looked for a pair on the Internet similar to the ones his mother described, but there were so many styles -- they ranged (sale-priced) from $80 - $160. Investigators would have easily seen that a pair of size 10½ sneaker didn't fit size 12 feet. Why were pictures of the Jordan shoes not circulated since they were probably sold, and there's a chance someone would come forward with information about the shoes.

It's also very creepy that someone is desecrating Lennon's grave. But, I'd like to have more information on the cemetery. When I worked in healthcare, a client died and was buried in a cemetery that had a history of complaints. A company was digging up graves and dumping trash in them -- i.e., using the cemetery as a landfill. I contacted the AG's office to complain about it, but the assistant I spoke to claimed he had investigated the proprietors and determined that they were doing nothing illegal, although he agreed it was disgraceful. I wonder if the proprietor of the cemetery where Lennon is buried may be using the cemetery as a landfill, also. So, the desecration to his grave may not be related to the COD. His family, of course, are focused on Lennon's grave, but if they look around they may find that other graves have been disturbed as well. It really would not be much comfort to them, though, because a grieving family doesn't need the added pain of seeing their loved one's grave treated in this manner.

<modsnip> It doesn't look as though anyone living in the trailer park is rich so maybe as an afterthought Lacy's shoes were taken to sell. It doesn't seem like anyone else would have an issue with this young man.

(I keep referring to the thirty-one year old woman as the "thirty-one year old woman" because I don't care if the age of consent in NC is sixteen, she had no business having a relationship with a 17 year old. ) The only other theory I have is that maybe there was an altercation, the thirty-one year old told Lacy their relationship was over, and he committed suicide because of that. Someone came along later, saw him hanging and took the shoes. I see that as less likely than the first theory.

I hope his family gets answers. I hate to think in this day and age that racism like this still exists especially to the point that LE would cover for the killer(s).

Just my opinion of course.

Sad. If there was a fight, and it sounds as if there was from his injuries, did anyone in the trailer park hear anything that night? Was the cause of death from hanging? Can the medical examiner tell if a person was conscious when death by hanging?- different abrasions on the neck or marks on hands? Anyone have unexplained injuries the following days?

Do the hand signs in his photos represent his school, a popular song/artist, or are there know gangs the area? (Photos from his instagram).

Rev Barber's was firm and direct.

Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP for the past nine years.

&#8220;Our greatest prayer is that this was not a lynching,&#8221; Barber said. &#8220;But we must rely on law enforcement and hope they don&#8217;t give a predetermined answer. Once more, we expect a full investigation that gives us the truth.

&#8220;No matter what that truth is, the family can handle it,&#8221; he added. &#8220;The history of racism breeds distrust. We will trust Mr. David&#8217;s word, but we will also verify his work.&#8221;

http://www.bladenjournal.com/news/home_top-news/50801076/Rev.-Barber-demands-the-truth

I live pretty close to Bladenboro and must say that racism is very much alive and well and living in southeast North Carolina. I moved here three years ago from the northeast US. I am often shocked by the depth of the racism I see among people around here. This definitely sounds like a lynching to me. My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to Lennon's family.

From the Guardian article: "(The mortician) told the Guardian that when he received Lacy&#8217;s body two days after he died, he was struck by the abrasions he saw across both shoulders and down the insides of both arms. He also noted facial indentations over both cheeks, the chin and nose. Though police have told the Lacy family that ants were responsible for causing the marks, to Newton the state of the body reminded him of corpses he had embalmed where the deceased had been killed in a bar-room fight."

BBM - Did somebody drag him? What would cause abrasions on his shoulders and down the insides of both arms?? Do we know if anybody took pictures of the injuries?

I can't explain the shoes, but a few years ago, our neighbor hanged himself. He too, was covered with scratches and abrasions. I truly hope they check his fingernails for DNA. It was his DNA under his nails. :(

His Mom stated some of his football items were on the line; I wonder if he went out to retrieve them, as he was packing his bag...then what?

Wth does "facial indentations" mean in ME-speak??

Forgive me if this info is available from links, I can't open them for some reason on my computer:gaah:.
Was his 30-year old girlfriend Caucasian?

Doesn't seem like suicide to me. Too many details that make you question why police were so quick to label it that way.

I hope Lennons family get some real answers.

Yes, she was white.

As far as him scratching his own face, I guess that's a possibility but what about his shoulders and arms? Could he have hit them up against the poles of the swing? It just sounds too fishy to me. The mortician has most likely seen people deceased from all manners of death and he thinks it was something other than suicide.

I haven't seen the instagram pics but I think some teens today make those hand signs in innocence. They don't really mean anything. From how this young man has been described it doesn't sound like he had time or was the type to be involved in gangs. Could it have been someone, another teenager, jealous of his success at football?

The media is sure stirring the racism pot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back