Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here when the trial resumes on Oct. 14th, 2014.

Thanks,

Salem

:wave: For Reference

LUKA MAGNOTTA - THE ULTIMATE TIMELINE of EVENTS

http://www.abproject.org/docs/luka_magnotta_-_the_ultimate_timeline_of_events.txt

I started searching for answers and what i found out is a snowballing of events that started as far back as 2005. I thought this would've been an afternoon thing but this killer Luka Magnotta has left (planted) such a **** storm of information online that it quickly came more.

The Luka Magnotta - Timeline of (sick) Events was created. I hope somewhere, someone can use this information to convict, find peace or make sense of the stuff that happened.

*Sincerely,
Peter Parker
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
*:lol:*

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12m 12 minutes ago

Judge is here. Getting legal issues out of the way first( but can't be reported). #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 16m 16 minutes ago

Next witness is Peter Devola, Montreal police officer, tesitifying in English #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 16m 16 minutes ago

May 29, 2012, Devola was called re piece of body found in suitcase in Cote des Neiges #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 15m 15 minutes ago

Devola was asked to take witness statement and help crime scene invesitgators #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 14m 14 minutes ago

At 6:30 pm, Devola went to apt 208 (Magnotta's). Struck my strong chemical smell and cadaver. #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 13m 13 minutes ago

In front of kitchen, there was a table. Presumed it was blood on it and bottle of lime juice. Bedspread seemed too big for bed #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 12m 12 minutes ago

Devola then left apt. Cross examination by defence lawyer Luc Leclair #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 11m 11 minutes ago

How many years experience did you have at the time, Leclair asks. Four years, witness says #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 8m 8 minutes ago

We're looking at photos of #Magnotta's apartment again. There's the table with blood and lime juice bottle

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 8m 8 minutes ago

Didn't notice the handwriting on the wall in the closet, Devola says. "I was looking for victims or the suspect" #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 7m 7 minutes ago

Bed sheet was too big. "Maybe someone bought it quickly, I don't know," witness says #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 6m 6 minutes ago

Door to the balcony was unlocked. Only way to access that is from another apartment, Leclair says. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 6m 6 minutes ago

Witness says he's been in the building multiple times because it's related to drug and alcohol consumption problems #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 4m 4 minutes ago

Someone could climb up onto that balcony from street, Leclair says. Unlikely, says witness, because it's on Decarie. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 4m 4 minutes ago

Leclair pointing out that bottle is actually lemon juice, not lime, as witness said. "I was mistaken," cop says #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3m 3 minutes ago

Witness said the smell was stronger than anything he'd ever smelled. Stronger than Javel. #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago

Witness didn't open the fridge or stove, he says. #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago

We heard that the press had already been in the apartment, Leclair says. I don't know about that, cop replies #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 56s 56 seconds ago

That's the end of this witness's testimony #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
The next witness is Jacynthe Prévost, forensic biologist. Testimony in French #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Witness describes job: analyzes biological liquids, identify i.d., i.e. blood, sperm. #Magnotta

Witness going over CV. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 19s19 seconds ago
Prévost says although she didn't testify in her first year on the job, she has been a witness approximately 10x/yr for 17 years. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 52s53 seconds ago
That's it from Crown prosecutor Bouthillier. Leclair now asking Prévost about her experience and expertise. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 55s55 seconds ago
Prévost being questioned about her expertise in order to be declared an expert. #magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Defence has no objection to qualifying this witness as expert forensic biologist and expert in blood stain pattern analysis. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 4m4 minutes ago
Prevost is declared an expert in forensic biology. Meaning she can have an opinion, unlike regular witnesses #Magnotta

****WARNING...Some graphic testimony*****

Witness says main task is to check out crime scenes. #Magnotta

@sleeCJAD: Witness says she was called to crime scene May 30, 2012 with colleague. 2 1/2 hours of work. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
She was told there was a toros inside a suitcase, a hand and a foot sent to Liberal Federal Party, id of somone linked to apt. #Magnotta

Asked if she wanted to see so-called murder video. #Magnotta

WItness said yes because thought it could help in analyzing any blood in apt. or where to look. #Magnotta

Witness saw the video at the command post, inside the bus. #Magnotta

Lot of things she doesn't remember. Saw mutilated body on bed. Lot of blood on bed. #Magnotta

Saw somebody in shadows with hoodie hitting or stabbing victim. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
Saw mutilated body, saw someone partly hidden with hoodie, hitting or stabbing, masturbation with cut hand, dog with part of body #Magnotta

Saw masturbation using hand body part. Saw video twice. #Magnotta

Witness says she looks at well-lit crime scene, identifies blood stains. #Magnotta

Witness asks for photos to be taken, then she takes samples. #Magnotta

Used Q-tips to take blood samples, she says #magnotta

Used Luminol, which makes blood stains show up even after it's been cleaned #Magnotta

Witness was struck by the empty apartment, no personal effects, except a hat and bed cover and shower curtain. #Magnotta

Witness says struck by blood stains on sink, shower curtain, inside fridge. #Magnotta

There was a lot of blood on the bed under sheets. Some on the walls but not a lot, she says #Magnotta

March 1, 2013: her first report on DNA. #Magnotta

Prévost's 23-page report being filed in evidence #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
Prévost is going through her first report. She went through 94 pieces of evidence to perform her blood-stain analysis. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 3m3 minutes ago
"Do i say Lin Jun or Jun Lin," asks Prevost. "Document says Jun Lin" says the judge. #Magnotta

Was given DNA of Lin Jun, his parents, as well as that of #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 2m2 minutes ago
After getting a DNA sample from Lin Jun's parents, Prevost was able determine through testing that blood was a familial match. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Prévost: There was DNA of three men in the apartment. Jun Lin, #Magnotta, and an unidentified man which was found only on a toothbrush.

Defence lawyer Luc Leclair says he has something to address with the court, so the judge calls for morning break. Back at 11:15 #Magnotta

Prévost is back on the stand after the break, taking questions tom Crown prosecutor Louis bouthillier. The jury is back in #Magnotta

Witness shown pics of crime scene. #Magnotta

Witness looking for blood on front door and handle. None found. #Magnotta

Closeup of sink with blood stains. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s55 seconds ago
Witness says water possibly diluted blood, led to streaming on side of sink. DNA profile that of victim. #Magnotta

Witness says blood could only belong to the victim, DNA very specific. 1 in 3 billion. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Close up of blood on floor. Cleaned up as well, diluted, but still there. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Some of the blood was diluted. Bouthillier asks whether that makes Prévost's job more difficult. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 56s56 seconds ago
Sometimes, she said diluted blood only affords a partial profile, but you can still make a determination on identity sometimes. #magnotta

Forensic biologist Prévost continues testimony. We're looking at photos of drops of blood #Magnotta

There's blood on and in the bath tub #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
Also blood on wall beside the tub, Stain is like those made when someone is being moved. Diluted as if during cleaning #Magnotta

Prévost says she didn't test all the blood found in the bathroom, since she felt the few she did were enough to return positive ID #Magnotta

Pic of shower curtain, lots of blood on bottom, touching the tub. #Magnotta

Bottom of wall, knee height, in hallway leading away from bathroom, blood stain and stain of something else. #Magnotta

Blood on kitchen counter top, in fridge. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 38s39 seconds ago
Inside the fridge and freezer: blood on grill, blood in vegetable crisper. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 5m5 minutes ago
Victim's blood in the freezer, which preserved it a bit better #Magnotta

We're in living/bedroom now. More blood stains. Most smeared but not necessarily during cleaning, Prévost says #Magnotta

Prevost says she was unable to date any of the blood stains. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 4m4 minutes ago
Showing photos from around the area where the bed is, we're about half-way through the 90+ photographs Prévost has. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 2m2 minutes ago
Long story short: there were drops of blood pretty much everywhere in the apartment #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 4m4 minutes ago
Prevost shows many little blood drops on window ledge/heater near bed, says little drops mean large force used on the blood source #Magnotta

Whatever happened, happened near the foot of the bed judging by the amount of blood. #Magnotta

Looking at the heater next to bed, Prévost can tell by the shape of blood drops from what angle each hit. #Magnotta

Many droplets of blood on radiator falling from foot of bed. #Magnotta

Witness says bed cover was new, judging by crisp pleats on it. #Magnotta

The amount of blood near the foot of the bed shows that this is where a violent blow took place, she explains #Magnotta

Bed: brown cover on top. Underneath, burgundy shower curtain hiding blood stain. #Magnotta

Mattress has rotting blood stain, white stains around, as if by cleaning but not necessarily. Could also be rotting stain. #Magnotta

She didn't test it because it wouldn't have returned anything - blood was completely decomposed. #Magnotta

There was an enormous amount of blood on mattress, Prévost says. Mattress flipped and we see stain from that side #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 55s55 seconds ago
Under mattress was another sheet on box spring. lots of blood on it. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Prévost: blood soaked through one side of mattress to the other, and it looks like it was flipped, maybe in an attempt to hide. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
Past 10-15 mins, we've been going through the #magnotta apt and analyzing with Prevost each blood stain or substances found.

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 52s53 seconds ago
Prevost finishes her blood analysis of the apt. and we're discussing the Luminol testing done on scene. #magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Prévost put Luminol in apartment to make removed blood stains to show up. Nothing on walls #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 57s57 seconds ago
But at corner of bed, there was smeared blood. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 47s47 seconds ago
Footprints around bed, more contact near corner, revealed by chemical. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 29s29 seconds ago
Witness says corner of bed located near sofa. #Magnotta

Floor near table, lots of blood smearing there. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 56s56 seconds ago
No evidence of cleaning. Chemical would have revealed it. #Magnotta

Same for kitchen floor. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 33s34 seconds ago
Hall, closet didn't react to Luminol but sofa did. In bathroom, blood showed up everywhere with Luminol, witness says #Magnotta

Lunch break in #Magnotta. Back at 2:15

Once again, MANY THANKS for the graphic warning info! I've never watched the video but I must confess that I am reading a lot about it here. As long as I don't "SEE" it, I might be OK. Just maybe..........:notgood:

Sorry folks .. I can no longer help with the tweets due to real life commitments.

Once again, MANY THANKS for the graphic warning info! I've never watched the video but I must confess that I am reading a lot about it here. As long as I don't "SEE" it, I might be OK. Just maybe..........:notgood:

I know what you mean. I not only never watched the video but I also have not read much about what it entailed other than the stabbing and dismemberment. I've been getting details piece by piece but fortunately I don't think my mind can or wants to conjure up images of what I'm reading so I'm good so far. I'm pretty sure I would not be if I were on the jury looking at pics and then the eventual video. I am worried about them. I truly am.

MOO

Sorry folks .. I can no longer help with the tweets due to real life commitments.

No problem sillybilly. Hope everything's okay. I've had a lot of free time lately and I'll continue to post when I can. Anyone else is free to jump in if they want. I find that when I'm away from the computer for a while it's easier to catch up by just going to one of the reporters actual accounts and copy pasting their tweets. I find Sue Montgomery's to be the most information in the least amount of posts so I usually go to hers.

I know what you mean. I not only never watched the video but I also have not read much about what it entailed other than the stabbing and dismemberment. I've been getting details piece by piece but fortunately I don't think my mind can or wants to conjure up images of what I'm reading so I'm good so far. I'm pretty sure I would not be if I were on the jury looking at pics and then the eventual video. I am worried about them. I truly am.

MOO

This is terrible to admit, but I'm fluently bilingual and I lived in Montreal for many years of University. IF I'd have been called for this jury, I'm sorry to say but I'd really have to find a way to get out of it. How.....I don't know!:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith