Red Hearts

DoYouReallyThink

Former Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the heart drawn around John Ramsey's face on the business program was in red ink? I wonder if this heart was compared to what most people believe is a red heart on JonBenet's palm.

DoYouReallyThink said:
Does anyone know if the heart drawn around John Ramsey's face on the business program was in red ink? I wonder if this heart was compared to what most people believe is a red heart on JonBenet's palm.

The ink used on the photo and JonBenet's hand is one and the same.

I dont think it even looks like a heart.
It seems to be missing the top half,which I guess could have been rubbed out somehow.
I thought it was odd when Patsy said that it was a perfectly formed little heart...or something to that effect, because to me it was hard to see if it was a heart at all.

narlacat said:
I dont think it even looks like a heart.
It seems to be missing the top half,which I guess could have been rubbed out somehow.
I thought it was odd when Patsy said that it was a perfectly formed little heart...or something to that effect, because to me it was hard to see if it was a heart at all.
I never thought it looked like a heart either. In fact it looked more like a capital "G" to me.

whether or not the red ink is the same on both the magazine and jbr`s palm is very important.
we need a definite source that confirms or denies this.
also what was actually drawn on the magazine, there are conflicting versions.

lawman said:
whether or not the red ink is the same on both the magazine and jbr`s palm is very important.

Steve Thomas admitted the red ink pen used to draw the "heart" on JonBenet's palm was never found.

I don't think it was a heart either; and I don't think it was drawn. It appears to be a large contusion to me.

lawman said:

Lost my entire post....what a pain! I'm not going to re-type it but I'll post what John said about the red ink....John is talking about the entreprenerial magazine and the heart on JonBenet's hand...

I do not believe she would draw a little heart on her hand in the same kind of ink. That has got to be weird.

BlueCrab said:
Steve Thomas admitted the red ink pen used to draw the "heart" on JonBenet's palm was never found.

I don't think it was a heart either; and I don't think it was drawn. It appears to be a large contusion to me.
Wonder what status a contusion would leave the interview mulled over partially at http://www.acandyrose.com/page37.gif ?

If it were a contusion, could it be the result of JonBenet grasping the bottom end of some implement, that passes up via her thumb and forefinger, the crime-scene ruler obscures the detail, but there does appear to be some reddening there?

There is a symmetry to the red marking, could this be due to JonBenet clenching her hand around a PEN with the ball or nib end facing down, the compression of her hand encircling the pen may cause an apparent circle to appear?

I'm not sure it's a contusion but the top lobes of a heart aren't there and it has 2 straight parallel lines. Just zoom in they're easy to see.

tipper said:
I'm not sure it's a contusion but the top lobes of a heart aren't there and it has 2 straight parallel lines. Just zoom in they're easy to see.

Tipper...how can I zoom in?

On my mouse I right click and a menu pops up. Near the bottom of the list is - zoom in.

Was it the medical examiners that said it was a heart drawn with red ink?

capps said:
Was it the medical examiners that said it was a heart drawn with red ink?

Coroner John Meyer said in the autopsy report:

"A red ink line drawing in the form of a heart is located on the palm of the left hand."

But it doesn't look anything like a heart to me, and no red ink pen was ever found.

I think it could be a contusion, and appears to be in the V shape of the leg of a plastic lawn chair. If a chair was swung at JonBenet it could be a defensive wound, or she could have been held down with a chair on her hand.

I am also of the belief that a stun gun had been used on JonBenet, and the marks on her palm could be defensive stun gun burns as she gripped the business end of the gun as she wrestled with the perp to keep from being stunned. The burns would form lines as the gun's prongs moved about on her palm as she gripped it. The lines on the palm seem to be about 1 3/8 inches apart, the same distance between the prongs of a Taser brand stun gun.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
Coroner John Meyer said in the autopsy report:

"A red ink line drawing in the form of a heart is located on the palm of the left hand."

But it doesn't look anything like a heart to me, and no red ink pen was ever found.

I think it could be a contusion, and appears to be in the V shape of the leg of a plastic lawn chair. If a chair was swung at JonBenet it could be a defensive wound, or she could have been held down with a chair on her hand.

I am also of the belief that a stun gun had been used on JonBenet, and the marks on her palm could be defensive stun gun burns as she gripped the business end of the gun as she wrestled with the perp to keep from being stunned. The burns would form lines as the gun's prongs moved about on her palm as she gripped it. The lines on the palm seem to be about 1 3/8 inches apart, the same distance between the prongs of a Taser brand stun gun.

BlueCrab

Thanks BlueCrab,

I just looked up the medical report,and it does state what you said. Dr Meyer said it was red ink,but didn't say it was formed as a heart. Any way ... I'm sure it must be ink then,and not a contusion,because I'm sure Dr. Meyer would know the difference.

I also do not think it looks like a heart,did you notice the upper side of her pinkie? It almost matches the color of the red ink.Do you think?

It also mentioned that on her sleeve was the same brownish color that was consistant of the color of dried mucus from her nose ... don't remember hearing that before.

Edit: My mistake,medical report does state the red ink is formed as a heart. Still doesn't look like a heart to me though.

capps said:
I'm sure it must be ink then,and not a contusion,because I'm sure Dr. Meyer would know the difference.

capps,

It depends on how close Meyer examined the "heart" on the palm of JonBenet's hand. The palm is tough and visible contusions on the palm are rare. Meyer had a full plate during that murder autopsy and may have dismissed the heart and assumed it was what he perceived it to be -- a red ink drawing. Remember, the red ink pen was never found, despite turning the house inside out for 10 days. Also, JonBenet was capable of drawing pictures, and if drawing on her hand with a red ink pen, it seems she would have drawn a much better picture than that (which IMO wasn't a picture of anything).

I don't think it was a red ink drawing at all.

BlueCrab

I think that the night of the party Daphne and JonBenet were playing around and Daphne was trying to draw a heart in JonBenet's hand but messed it up because doesn't look like a heart, some said it looks more like a U than a heart, a grown up would not draw a heart that sloopy, it looks like something a kid tried to do.
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenethandheart.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back