Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police Sources: Hannah Graham's Body Found
Updated: Sat 5:41 PM, Oct 18, 2014

Police sources confirm the body of Hannah Graham was found Saturday afternoon at Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County.

A female body that was found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday afternoon has been confirmed to be that of missing UVA student Hannah Graham.

Albemarle County Police will be making a statement shortly.

The video of that press conference will be carried live, streaming here on newsplex.com and will be live on WCAV CBS19.

Details to follow on this breaking story.
BREAKING NEWS: Remains found in park; Hannah Graham's parents notified by police
By The Associated Press
October 18, 2014 - 10:55 am

Remains were found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday and the parents of missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been notified.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...missing-uva-student-108218.html#ixzz3GXLLYHDs

Brought over from the press conference thread:

search team sheriff dept search abandoned property
discovered human remains
PD phoned family to share the preliminary discovery
Forensic testing will be done confirm ID
investigation complicated
unlikely we will have more information to share
we know you will be patient and respectful
there will come a time for more info but that is not today
thanking all who worked hard officials and volunteers alike
thanks EMS and SAR volunteers
thanks to Mark of EMS for his team's work
investigative process presevering evidence and evidence collection
remains will be taken for autopsy and ID
death investigation
no further details will be released about scene or evidence found thereon
county will lead the death investigation due to body being located
c/fied county sheriff dept. made discovery
remains to Richmond autopsy
now death investigation
al co. will lead
Steve Sellers says it was a Chesterfield Police Dept made the discovery. They are collecting and preserving evidence. Autopsy and official identification will be done. It's a death investigation, so specifics and evidence at scene will not be discovered. Same agency is lead in both Morgan Harrington case and Hannah Graham case.

Discovery is significant discovery. They will not jump to conclusions about discovery.

Thanks to everyone who helped to transcribe the PC.

Just got caught up from overnight. Marking my spot.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1h1 hour ago
Police are hoping to hear from forensic analysts today on the remains found during search for #HannahGraham. More on your #NewsatSunrise.

https://twitter.com/NBC29

A local news station posted an interview of with the LEO who found Hannah where he gave details, but said they removed the video after talking to police chiefs in Charlottesville and the county.

https://www.facebook.com/cbs6wtvr/posts/10152494163242426

It is in the comments.

It will be interesting to see what media outlets continue to mention the info that was said, and which ones act like it never happened. It would probably give you an idea of their relationship with LE.

That was included in the interview with the deputy leading the search team that found the body; it was edited out of the report at request of investigators.

Hi All, First time posting on this case, but I'm sure, like thousands of others...have been keeping up with all the threads anonymously.....
Sorry if this had already been posted, I spent most of this weekend TRYING to catch up, but may have missed this.

Does anyone find it odd that based on the two aerial photos of the discovery site that were posted in the media thread, it looks like the grass/lawn has been maintained at the property even though no one currently lives there. I know that living in No. Va. we've had to mow our lawn at least once in the past month. It really bothers me that perhaps someone had been there to mow and totally overlooked/ignored possible signs that Hannah's body was there. I keep thinking of all that time and resources the search crews spent looking that could have been better utilized, had property owners in Albemarle and adjacent counties, been more pro-active in assisting with the search by checking out their property/land as LE had requested.

That was included in the interview with the deputy leading the search team that found the body; it was edited out of the report at request of investigators.

I think it was removed because LE did not want that info out. Now I am curious to see which media outlets continue to mention it, and which ones don't.

Marking my spot...back at work today

A local news station posted an interview of with the LEO who found Hannah where he gave details, but said they removed the video after talking to police chiefs in Charlottesville and the county.

https://www.facebook.com/cbs6wtvr/posts/10152494163242426

It is in the comments.

It will be interesting to see what media outlets continue to mention the info that was said, and which ones act like it never happened. It would probably give you an idea of their relationship with LE.

The story and video was heavily edited and this note now shows at the end of the article:

[Editor's note: A previous version of this story contained information from law enforcement that was later removed at the request of investigators in this case.]

I think it was removed because LE did not want that info out. Now I am curious to see which media outlets continue to mention it, and which ones don't.

I think it would be impossible for police to find and request editing of that information; it's all over the internet now, including here.

Yea to me that was stupid to say knowing there is an investigation still going on etc. Even I would know not to say such things. Plus it would make JM go HMMM, maybe I did get away with this! I would not want him thinking anything of the sort. But thats just me.

Hi All, First time posting on this case, but I'm sure, like thousands of others...have been keeping up with all the threads anonymously.....
Sorry if this had already been posted, I spent most of this weekend TRYING to catch up, but may have missed this.

Does anyone find it odd that based on the two aerial photos of the discovery site that were posted in the media thread, it looks like the grass/lawn has been maintained at the property even though no one currently lives there. I know that living in No. Va. we've had to mow our lawn at least once in the past month. It really bothers me that perhaps someone had been there to mow and totally overlooked/ignored possible signs that Hannah's body was there. I keep thinking of all that time and resources the search crews spent looking that could have been better utilized, had property owners in Albemarle and adjacent counties, been more pro-active in assisting with the search by checking out their property/land as LE had requested.

Hi Kellygirl! One would think that whoever mowed the property would have smelled something bad. The mower was probably hired just to mow and if he/she did smell something they probably just thought it was a dead deer in the woods. I am still confused about the property and hope someone will clear up my question. Is the remains site property owned by the county or is it privately owned? I hope that since the remains have been found that LE can speculate on routes JM may have taken after Tempo and ask for video at businesses and private residences along the route in early morning Sept 13. My guess is he would have taken a back road. JMO ( LE in SC was able to identify a truck driven by the suspects in Heather Elvis' disappearance by getting video from a business and a private residence.)

A Question: Morgan Harrington was left in the open at Anchorage farm---was there ever any reports of buzzards in that area? Could have found her sooner.....or was their mention of a decomposition accelerant in her case.

Just wonder why no one ever saw buzzards circling in the area of her body? The placement of her body does seem different from HG.

Tempo is right near 5th St. In order to get to the site on Old Lynchburg Rd, all he had to do was keep driving on 5th St Extended which becomes OL Rd. It was a straight shot out of the DTM area and almost completely rural after the one traffic light near 5th St and the DTM.

A Question: Morgan Harrington was left in the open at Anchorage farm---was there ever any reports of buzzards in that area? Could have found her sooner.....or was their mention of a decomposition accelerant in her case.

Just wonder why no one ever saw buzzards circling in the area of her body? The placement of her body does seem different from HG.
It's not really very different as it was also just to the side of a creek bed, on the flat embankment above the creek and not very far from the Hardware River. She was found right after some heavy storms. Mr Bass rode down there to check his fences after the bad weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni