CT CT - Bianca Lebron, 10, Bridgeport, 7 Nov 2001

Bianca Elaine Lebron
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: November 7, 2001 from Bridgeport, Connecticut
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: June 26, 1991
Height and Weight: 4'11; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; hazel eyes. Lebron has a birthmark on her forehead. Some agencies may spell her last name "LeBron."
Details of Disappearance here
(w/ sketch & pic of possible van)

she's a very pretty little girl. I wish they'd find her safe but it's been so long now.
This totally scares me about schools. I can't believe they just "let" her leave without really knowing. I know here I had to fill out and sign a form when school starts to who can pick my child up. If they are not on the list, then they are not suppose to be able to pick them up. I guess this school didn't do that.

ugggggg, this article says man involved in "romantic relationship" with Bianca?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE'S 10

November 7, 2004, 4:25 PM EST

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Even after three years, Carmelito Torres still has hope that her daughter will be found unharmed.

Ten-year-old Bianca Lebron disappeared from outside Elias Howe School on Nov. 7, 2001. Police say the fifth-grader was waiting with other students to enter the school at about 8:30 a.m. when she told classmates she was leaving with an "uncle" on a shopping trip. The students saw her get into a brown-and-tan van with tinted windows.
It was the last time she was seen.

"Three years is a long time, and it's been very hard for us, but we still have hope that she will be returned to us," Torres said. "We would just appeal to the person who has her to let her go so that she can come home to us."

Police have had several sightings of a van that resembled the one she entered, but have not been able to develop solid leads. Police are still waiting for a break in the case.

"We are continuing our investigation and still interviewing people when we get leads," Sgt. Jesus Ortiz said. "As recently as a few weeks ago we were interviewing people. It never stops."

The girl's disappearance has been publicized through national media outlets, including the television program "America's Most Wanted," and People magazine. A total of $62,000 in reward money for information leading to her whereabouts remains unclaimed.

Last year, police questioned 20-year-old Jason Lara, who they believed might have had a relationship with Bianca. But they later released him after he continually denied knowing the girl's whereabouts.

"We are still awaiting her safe return as is her family," Howe Principal Lourdes Delgado said.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ct--missinggirl1107nov07,0,7414987.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire

Don't be so quick to blame the schools, Alpha. She disappeared at 8:30 a.m. while waiting to go INTO the school. School doors have designated times to open, so kids will be supervised. It sounds like she did this on her own. Maybe she walked to school, or maybe her parents let her off. If she had been my daughter, even if I had driven her, I probably would have left her off with the other waiting students BEFORE school. Who would have thought she would have truanted at age 10?

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but have been reading posts for a while now. I looked around to see if anyone had posted about Bianca, but couldn't find anything in this forum. I'm from CT, and would love to see some new information on this case. It's just plain odd. Bianca disappeared from in front of her school on November 7, 2001. She told friends she was going to the mall with her "uncle" , right before she got into a tan or brown van that pulled up in front of the school. She hasn't been seen since.

There is a sketch of a suspect, but I haven't heard much of anything in a few years about this case. I just wanted to share in case anyone happens to know anything. Thanks!

http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/kidnap/lebron.htm

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/without_a_trace/missing_person/lebron_bianca.shtml

(By the way, that cbs site has some interesting cases in the archive as well)

Yes, I remember this little girl very well. So sad. The million dollar question is who is this "uncle" person? Has there been any new information released over the years?

hi im from ct too and i often wondered about the case myself. i wonder if this "uncle person" was like talking to her before and luring her into his life then bam he kidnaps her and then the rest is a mysterie check out http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/ its got pictures with cases biancas case is listed on there as well as other children including the 1973 disaperance of janice pockett who went riding her bike at age 7 and vanished its been over 30 years and still no answers

I wonder what led LE to believe that the guy they questioned in the beginning even knew this young girl much less that the two were having a RELATIONSHIP??? I wonder if LE did more than just talk to that guy? This little gal has been missing for an awful long time and someone out there has gotten away with murder....so far.

It was a disappearance that dominated headlines and led newscasts five years ago and police say it is by no means a cold case.

Bianca Lebron was just 10-years old when she went missing in Bridgeport and despite rewards, intense police work and many leads, authorities are still trying to find Bianca. As for Bianca's family members, the wait has been agonizing.

"It's hard getting up in the morning and wondering where my niece could be," said Bianca's aunt Gertrude Reboira.

The last time anybody saw Bianca was in November 2001 when she left the courtyard of Elias Howe School and got into a van with tinted windows. A man was behind the wheel and according to witnesses, Bianca acted as if she knew the man. Bianca told classmates she was going to the mall with her uncle. To this day, Bianca's mother can not make sense of that.

"I always have that in my mind. Why did she leave with that person? Why doesn't she call? A lot of things go through my mind because Bianca was a good girl," said her mother Carmelita Torres.

The FBI is working with Bridgeport Police, but time, reward money and boxes filled with tips have not led to an arrest.

Bridgeport police officers Jesus Ortiz and John Meyer head up the investigation and they remain optimistic that the case is solvable.

http://www.wtnh.com/global/story.asp?s=6146204

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back