Creepy Thoughts

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
I just realized I joined websleuths on the June 6,05. That's the 11th Anniversary right? Any other weird creepy things happen to any of you while studying this case?

Ok, another thing I find troubling and I think is some sort of clue is Darlie always calls the boys her "babies". I do that too, but it's more of a term of endearment. All throughout the 911 tape she says "babies" with a "kids" or 2 thrown in there, but its usually babies. She even calls them "babies" during the Silly String Interview. My thoughts on this are similar to Diane Downs. She loved being pregnant and having babies, not children. Was Darlie calling Devon and Damon her "babies" to distance herself from the boys she was actually killing. Its a thought....ponder please

Hi, Beesy! Wow, what a thought to ponder! I know of lots of people who call their post-infant children "their babies". I don't know if Darlie ever referred to her boys as babies after they'd passed the infancy/toddler stage. If she did, then it would be natural for her to call them her babies. However, if she DIDN'T, I'm guessing that 1) you might be right in that she said babies to distance herself from them; or 2) after performing such a heinous unspeakable act, she used the word "babies" to make herself sound like the loving, caring mother who would never do such a thing...probably figured that law enforcement would never ever suspect a woman who refers to her children as her "babies". She probably figured they'd buy the intruder story lock, stock & barrel because, after all, anyone who refers to her children as her babies couldn't have possibly done this. :rolleyes:

Daisy said:
Hi, Beesy! Wow, what a thought to ponder! I know of lots of people who call their post-infant children "their babies". I don't know if Darlie ever referred to her boys as babies after they'd passed the infancy/toddler stage. If she did, then it would be natural for her to call them her babies. However, if she DIDN'T, I'm guessing that 1) you might be right in that she said babies to distance herself from them; or 2) after performing such a heinous unspeakable act, she used the word "babies" to make herself sound like the loving, caring mother who would never do such a thing...probably figured that law enforcement would never ever suspect a woman who refers to her children as her "babies". She probably figured they'd buy the intruder story lock, stock & barrel because, after all, anyone who refers to her children as her babies couldn't have possibly done this. :rolleyes:
I think every mother refers to her children as her babies, but there's something about the way she says it on the tape that makes me shiver. From things I've read, it does appear that she likes babies better than children, like Diane Downs. Diane loved being pregnant, was even a surrogate mother, but tried to kill her children. Darlie's boys were typical boys. They liked to rough house and run all over the place. Her perfect, albeit, tacky house did not fit with 2 rowdy boys. And they were only getting bigger! Something tells me she said babies to distance herself. As for your second guess, I don't think Darlie is smart enough to plan all that out. LOL. In the Silly String Interview, she says "we tried to save the babies", not using their names or even boys. Maybe I'm way off here. I have 2 living children and 1 who died. When I called 911 I said "my baby isn't breathing", but he was a baby! I would have said son or daughter for an older child, I really think I would.

Aha, now I see where you're coming from. It certainly does seem like an avoidance/distancing tactic to me. She doesn't use their names nor address them as being her sons. Interesting point, Beesy! These are the kinds of "little" things that make 2+2 add up to 4.

BTW, I've read just about everything on Diane Downs. That is one sick woman!

beesy said:
I think every mother refers to her children as her babies, but there's something about the way she says it on the tape that makes me shiver. From things I've read, it does appear that she likes babies better than children, like Diane Downs. Diane loved being pregnant, was even a surrogate mother, but tried to kill her children. Darlie's boys were typical boys. They liked to rough house and run all over the place. Her perfect, albeit, tacky house did not fit with 2 rowdy boys. And they were only getting bigger! Something tells me she said babies to distance herself. As for your second guess, I don't think Darlie is smart enough to plan all that out. LOL. In the Silly String Interview, she says "we tried to save the babies", not using their names or even boys. Maybe I'm way off here. I have 2 living children and 1 who died. When I called 911 I said "my baby isn't breathing", but he was a baby! I would have said son or daughter for an older child, I really think I would.
I think "babies" was to make her sound like the loving mother she wanted to present herself as. I always found it kind of odd that she did that, too. Mostly because killing a baby seems so much more heinous, and if trying to distance yourself, one would think she would have used some other term like "boys" rather than "babies." So maybe it was just her attempt at presenting the image of "victim" and "loving mother."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back