Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police Sources: Hannah Graham's Body Found
Updated: Sat 5:41 PM, Oct 18, 2014

Police sources confirm the body of Hannah Graham was found Saturday afternoon at Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County.

A female body that was found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday afternoon has been confirmed to be that of missing UVA student Hannah Graham.

Albemarle County Police will be making a statement shortly.

The video of that press conference will be carried live, streaming here on newsplex.com and will be live on WCAV CBS19.

Details to follow on this breaking story.
BREAKING NEWS: Remains found in park; Hannah Graham's parents notified by police
By The Associated Press
October 18, 2014 - 10:55 am

Remains were found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday and the parents of missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been notified.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...missing-uva-student-108218.html#ixzz3GXLLYHDs

Brought over from the press conference thread:

search team sheriff dept search abandoned property
discovered human remains
PD phoned family to share the preliminary discovery
Forensic testing will be done confirm ID
investigation complicated
unlikely we will have more information to share
we know you will be patient and respectful
there will come a time for more info but that is not today
thanking all who worked hard officials and volunteers alike
thanks EMS and SAR volunteers
thanks to Mark of EMS for his team's work
investigative process presevering evidence and evidence collection
remains will be taken for autopsy and ID
death investigation
no further details will be released about scene or evidence found thereon
county will lead the death investigation due to body being located
c/fied county sheriff dept. made discovery
remains to Richmond autopsy
now death investigation
al co. will lead
Steve Sellers says it was a Chesterfield Police Dept made the discovery. They are collecting and preserving evidence. Autopsy and official identification will be done. It's a death investigation, so specifics and evidence at scene will not be discovered. Same agency is lead in both Morgan Harrington case and Hannah Graham case.

Discovery is significant discovery. They will not jump to conclusions about discovery.

Thanks to everyone who helped to transcribe the PC.

Sydney Cameron @Sydney8news ·
Just spoke w/ #RVA Medical Examiner's Office: ID on human remains in #HannahGraham case still "to be determined" Results could come any day

https://twitter.com/Sydney8news

What if it's not Hannah? We know JM has the potential to be a serial killer, and this is a local area perfect for potential dump sites.

What if, like the Long Island Serial Killer, we find several bodies in the area ? This case continues to grow and grow.... :thinking:

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/17599983/

Exactly what I was thinking. That it is someone else and not Hannah. jmo something isn't right. Just seems that they would have said by now.

http://www.c-ville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/oldlynchburgcrimescene3.jpg

This is not the picture (the one I recall was clearer and taken from higher up). However, this picture does show the observation (it is much clearer and on the right side in the other picture) that I wanted to point out. On the left side outside of the obvious search area in the field are white squares with dark objects around them. Could this be another search area with white tarps and LE or search vehicles? It seems far from the main property, but would indicate that remains were scattered around, like some have indicated.

I can't get this picture to show up! It was posted on the previous thread #3 at the end (just my luck) and I don't know how to bring it forward!

Exactly what I was thinking. That it is someone else and not Hannah. jmo something isn't right. Just seems that they would have said by now.

There are a few missing people in the area of recent. This could open/close a missing person case.

I agree, it is taking to long. Surely they could have id'd her with dental records by now. With such a high profile case they could have gotten dna within 24 hours if they made it a priority and it is a priority when a family doesn't know if their child has been found. Backlog yes but most of them are known victims. Instead we have days of waiting for what should have been a fast id.

This is not the picture (the one I recall was clearer and taken from higher up). However, this picture does show the observation (it is much clearer and on the right side in the other picture) that I wanted to point out. On the left side outside of the obvious search area in the field are white squares with dark objects around them. Could this be another search area with white tarps and LE or search vehicles? It seems far from the main property, but would indicate that remains were scattered around, like some have indicated.

See circled area below. Is that the area you are talking about? I think that is too small to be a tent. I think the white things are livestock of some sort, maybe sheep. Not sure about the dark, buy my guess is livestock as well.
livestock.jpg

I'd still be shocked if it wasn't her but I'll admit that I'm less sure as the hours go by.

However, I guess it's possible it's not and JLM knows that which makes his lawyers statement about awaiting identification interesting.

What if it's not Hannah? We know JM has the potential to be a serial killer, and this is a local area perfect for potential dump sites.

What's the most recent missing person besides Hannah? There are the reports of the recent vulture activity which would seem to rule out any old case. Then there's the black pants which point toward it being Hannah.

I agree, it is taking to long. Surely they could have id'd her with dental records by now. With such a high profile case they could have gotten dna within 24 hours if they made it a priority and it is a priority when a family doesn't know if their child has been found. Backlog yes but most of them are known victims. Instead we have days of waiting for what should have been a fast id.

My husband and I said this exact thing in our living room last night. By all reports they found a skull . . . You would think an ID from dental records would be lot faster than this.

What if, like the Long Island Serial Killer, we find several bodies in the area ? This case continues to grow and grow.... :thinking:

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/17599983/

If it isn't Hannah, then LE will so say, and more searches for Hannah would likely start up. It took 4 days for MH's ID to be announced. And this was a Saturday find. If LE doesn't announce by the end of the week, it starts getting suspicious to me. Unless she did not go to a dentist or the dental records were not available. Yes, I know some folks who have never had dental exrays done, or just done of their molars Unlikely for someone of Hannah's background but possible.

CBS affiliate WTVR talked to a Chesterfield County search team member who described Saturday's discovery. (Click here to see the video.) Dale Terry of the Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office said the remains were found in a dried-up creek bed behind an abandoned home on Old Lynchburg Road. Terry says investigators found a skull and bones in the creek bed, along with a pair of tight-colored dark pants.

"There was not any crushing of any bones, as far as skull or anything like that. Everything looked intact to me, from what I could see," Terry said.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/briefing-on-hannah-graham-case/29215060

video

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/che...er-talks-about-finding-human-remains/29220984

I can't get this picture to show up! It was posted on the previous thread #3 at the end (just my luck) and I don't know how to bring it forward!

I think I see what you are referring to but I don't see any dark spots. I DO see what does appear to be a white square tent on the subject property near the road in front of the main house. There is another white spot and I don't know what that is. Then there is a fenced area on the neighbor's property with some white spots but they don't appear to be tents. IMO

can someone pls remind me or help me with a link re MH's COD?

thanks in advance

can someone pls remind me or help me with a link re MH's COD?

thanks in advance

We do not have a COD for MH. Never released. We have commentary from her parents that she died a brutal death, that she died fighting, but we have never been told what her exact COD as determined by the final coroner's report, the atutopsy results have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth