'Crap taxidermy': winged kitten, rat 'centipede,' hamster decanter

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Mail, where else: yes, pictures:

A winged kitten, a 12-legged rat and a decanter made out of a hamster: New book
shows how animals are stuffed - in more ways than one - when taxidermy goes wrong

⁍ Bizarre examples of animal art have been compiled by fan and author Kat Su
⁍ She discovered taxidermy while looking to decorate her New York apartment
⁍ Her blog invites web surfers to submit bad examples of stuffed animals
⁍ It has become so popular it's been turned into a book - 'Crap Taxidermy'[web site]

Worst Stuffed Animals Ever Showcased in New Book 'Crap Taxidermy' (Huffington Post)

more pics at links above

WHEN TAXIDERMY BREAKS BAD

I heard this story being read on the radio by an American lady, very droll
"But if you're really interested," the clerk I spoke to said, "I've got a little something you might want to see." He stepped into the back room and returned with what I could only identify as a creature. "What we've done," he boasted, "is stretch a chicken over an owl form."

"That's really… something," I said, groping for a compliment. The truth was that even a child would have seen this for what it was. The beak made from what looked to be a bear claw, the feet with their worn-down, pedestrian talons: I mean, please! This was what a chicken might wear to a Halloween party if she had 10 minutes to throw a costume together. "Let me think about it," I said.
Droll indeed.

Reddit has an entire subforum for bad taxidermy. I can't link to the site, but just get the main URL and tack on /r/badtaxidermy to the end.

slide_245969_1407867_free.jpg

CbxKS1n.jpg

Okay, this one is pretty awesome:

NnTiEzt.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members