Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice for Travis! Prayers for his family and Juan Martinez...

And a big 'thank you' to the members who post the tweets for us. :loveyou:

BK has a kind of note to herself that on the day JA set out from Yreka on her mission to kill Travis (early June), she actually drove down to Redding to pick up her rental car, drove back to Yreka (where she had a gas fillup), and then drove south all over again, through Redding. Does anyone have an interpretation of this?

I'm thinking that JA had to go back to Yreka to get the knife, that the knife was so large it wouldn't conveniently fit into a luggage piece, that there was a chance that it might have been caught on camera at the airport, that she would be seen transferring it to the rental, that her brother (or whoever took her to Redding) would notice.....

BK has a kind of note to herself that on the day JA set out from Yreka on her mission to kill Travis (early June), she actually drove down to Redding to pick up her rental car, drove back to Yreka (where she had a gas fillup), and then drove south all over again, through Redding. Does anyone have an interpretation of this?

I'm thinking that JA had to go back to Yreka to get the knife, that the knife was so large it wouldn't conveniently fit into a luggage piece, that there was a chance that it might have been caught on camera at the airport, that she would be seen transferring it to the rental, that her brother (or whoever took her to Redding) would notice.....

As we see how this sentencing phase is progressing, a few thoughts come to mind:

Why oh why are we hearing testimony all over again of everything related to whether she is guilty or not?
I was sure hoping there would be some attempt to minimize the testimony to what her punishment should be. There seems to be no attempts to stop the defense from arguining things that point to whether she is guilty or not.

Also, the defense whole approach seems so ridiculous. Nobody is buying anything coming from the defense.
If they really want to save her from the DP, it seems a much simpler approach should have been used.

If she would have just come out and apologized that she lost her temper in a fit of rage, is deeply sorry, do some fake crying, and throw herself at the mercy of the court, then she had a good chance at just Life in prison.
If she would have even done that during the 1st trial, she may have even gotten a sentence less than life.
What they are trying to do is not working for her and they dont seem to realize it.

I suppose JA is not capable of remorse and is not capable to admit she was wrong in what she did. So lets go ahead and give her the punishment she deserves since she is making a mockery of the court and trying to lie about Travis.

JA is pure evil in its worst form. She is proven that she is not able to change her ways, and that is why lots of people think she would kill again if given the chance.

"If it was a hunting knife, that might explain Arias' lack of injuries. Don't hunting knives typically have "sculpted" handles, for a less slippy grip?
Ive always been curious about the type of knife used and how JA knew to use one that would not have the blade break. Or to not use one that is a normal flip open without it having a lock-back or being a fixed blade, because it could flip closed on her fingers if it was just a regular flip open without a locking back.
The wounds were so deep too, it had to have a large blade.

It makes me wonder if she researched the type of knife to obtain in advance. We do know she obtained the stolen gun in advance."

Quoting from the previous thread - she used one of Travis' kitchen knives to stab him - not a hunting knife or a switch blade - his own kitchen knife. And then placed in the dishwasher (I'm a little "foggy" on the dishwasher, but I know for sure she used his kitchen knife)

"If it was a hunting knife, that might explain Arias' lack of injuries. Don't hunting knives typically have "sculpted" handles, for a less slippy grip?
Ive always been curious about the type of knife used and how JA knew to use one that would not have the blade break. Or to not use one that is a normal flip open without it having a lock-back or being a fixed blade, because it could flip closed on her fingers if it was just a regular flip open without a locking back.
The wounds were so deep too, it had to have a large blade.

It makes me wonder if she researched the type of knife to obtain in advance. We do know she obtained the stolen gun in advance."

Quoting from the previous thread - she used one of Travis' kitchen knives to stab him - not a hunting knife or a switch blade - his own kitchen knife. And then placed in the dishwasher (I'm a little "foggy" on the dishwasher, but I know for sure she used his kitchen knife)

I do remember talk in 1st trial of it "possibly" being the knives used that were found in the dishwasher, but I dont think that was actually proven. It is a good theory though and maybe that is what she used.

I dont think JA ever admitted what knife she used. She claims she was in a "fog". LOL

I do remember talk in 1st trial of it "possibly" being the knives used that were found in the dishwasher, but I dont think that was actually proven. It is a good theory though and maybe that is what she used.

I dont think JA ever admitted what knives she used. She claims she was in a "fog". LOL

You could be right - its been a year since we all heard this, after all. But I'm pretty certain she used one of his knives, she's all about using what she has access to - proven by stealing the gun from her grandparents (of all people)

Good question.
Maybe she was afraid the gun would be picked up on a metal detector at the airport area. She was probably too dumb to realize that most metal detectors are only in the boarding sections/areas for passengers on foot. The area where TSA makes you walk through them to get to the other sections that lead you to the gates.

You could be right - its been a year since we all heard this, after all. But I'm pretty certain she used one of his knives, she's all about using what she has access to - proven by stealing the gun from her grandparents (of all people)

It does make sense it could have been one of the ones in the dishwasher because we know she did laundry too in an attempt to clean up evidence, so it makes a lot of sense that maybe she did dishes too to clean up evidence of the knife used.

It is such an interesting question which knife she used because of all the damage she inflicted on Travis.
I have multiple hunting knives and I have had experiences with lots of cheap knives that are actually very dangerous to use because they are so flimsy that either the blade could break or if it doesnt have a lock-back, the knife blade could close on your fingers. A sturdy fixed-blade kitchen knife is a definite possibility and does make sense.

In other cases, we sometimes hear of the criminal getting wounds to their own hands because they dont realize or think enough about the knife they are using. JA was so calculated in what she did, she did not seem to have any serious wounds to herself.

But something I seem to remember (or maybe imagining it?).....did she show up at the other friends the next day with a bandage on her fingers or something? It seems I remember something about her needing to go to the store to get some sort of bandaids or something for her when she showed up the next day at the other male friends house?

So maybe she did get a small wound afterall?

It does make sense it could have been one of the ones in the dishwasher because we know she did laundry too in an attempt to clean up evidence, so it makes a lot of sense that maybe she did dishes too to clean up evidence of the knife used.

It is such an interesting question which knife she used because of all the damage she inflicted on Travis.
I have multiple hunting knives and I have had experiences with lots of cheap knives that are actually very dangerous to use because they are so flimsy that either the blade could break or if it doesnt have a lock-back, the knife blade could close on your fingers. A sturdy fixed-blade kitchen knife is a definite possibility and does make sense.

In other cases, we sometimes hear of the criminal getting wounds to their own hands because they dont realize or think enough about the knife they are using. JA was so calculated in what she did, she did not seem to have any serious wounds to herself.

But something I seem to remember (or maybe imagining it?).....did she show up at the other friends the next day with a bandage on her fingers or something? It seems I remember something about her needing to go to the store to get some sort of bandaids or something for her when she showed up the next day at the other male friends house?

BBM - yes, I remember she had bandages when she arrived in Utah to see Ryan - I believe he testified to that.

Just a heads up folks. This is not the Sidebar so keep your posts related to the retrial and on topic. Casual conversations should be over on the Sidebar thread.

Thanks, Lambchop

From what I remember she went back to her brother's house after picking up the car at the rental and did not go back to Yreka. Also, JA never went into the airport itself from her testimony, just the rental agency. jmo

I spoke to my son about the knife last evening. He is a typical Canadian outdoors man. He agreed with me that a large kitchen knife, such as Nancy Grace's MEs are wielding on her programmes, would break with continued forceful contact with bone, and/or would slip from her bloody hand, causing nasty cuts to her. He is convinced she used a 6" hunting knife, which would withstand the trauma. Some are thinly disguised 'combat' knives, with curved handles and finger grips to prevent slipping. Some even have a 'ring' for the finger to go through so that they cannot be pulled or kicked out of the hand. Where she would have got it from is anybody's guess, but they are readily available.

Could she have stolen it/gotten a hunting knife during her travels from Darryl Brewer or Matt whom has never been seen?

They checked all the knives in his home and determined none of the ones in the house were used for the murder and none were missing from his butcher block. Jodi did want to say that she used one if his knives because it's supposed to be Travis' in her story and she did sort of sweep by a vague memory of her placing a knife in a dishwasher. However, realizing the selective memory thing was suspicious, and because none of the knives were used in the murder, she sort of back tracked on that and said she wasn't sure if the memory was from that day or if it was some other memory she was recalling.

I don't think she used one of Travis' knives. Too risky. I think she brought her own and dumped it, along with the gun, and it'll never be found.

Wonder what nurmi/wilmott will be spewing today.

My body has got back into the swing of trial timetable,thank goodness.
And as of Sunday (I think) the clocks go back an hour so I'll get to bed an hour earlier whoop whoop

I agree about the knife. It couldn't have been a standard cutting knife.. with how deep his wounds were.. that was a fairly large and sharp knife.

BBM: She definitely got at least one, the deep cut to her left ring finger which severed the tendon. Whatever she used must have been sharp on all sides to sustain an injury, and one of that nature, to that part of her finger. It was a very sharp, sturdy knife and probably not one of Travis' most likely cheapie kitchen knives.

I remember during her interview with DT Flores in CA, she showed him that finger indicating that the intruders hurt it. I believe she cut it deeply during the murder and that is the cause of her palm print on the wall mixing her blood with Travis'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member