NY - Two NYPD officers & civilian injured in hatchet attack, 23 Oct 2014

motherducky

Silent Pumpkin
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/23/us/new-york-police-attacked/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A man charged at four New York police officers Thursday afternoon, metal hatchet in hand, hitting one officer in the right arm and another in the head, the city's police commissioner said.

The two officers who weren't struck shot and killed the suspect, who has not been identified by name and is believed to be about 32 years old, according to police Commissioner Bill Bratton

That article has been updated to include the suspects name; Zale Thompson. I am pretty sure I found his Facebook, there is only one profile with that name and he is from New York, but I am not sure if I can link it. I am going to guess this guy might link to terrorists.

New York terror fears as crazed hatchet-wielding man slashes
Queens cop in the head and another in the arm before being shot dead

⁍ The suspect, an unidentified 32-year-old male, lunged at police with a hatchet on Thursday in Queens
⁍ An officer was slashed in the head and another one was slashed in the arm before police fatally shot the attacker
⁍ A 29-year-old female bystander critically injured after being shot by an errant police round n 'grave' condition
⁍ Both officers are being treated and one was listed in critical condition

more at DM link above with pictures, video

That article has been updated to include the suspects name; Zale Thompson. I am pretty sure I found his Facebook, there is only one profile with that name and he is from New York, but I am not sure if I can link it. I am going to guess this guy might link to terrorists.

From what I saw, on CNN< he had terrorists Jihadist info on his FB. :eek:

I just posted this in Crimes. We need to consolidate. This news is getting lost because of ebola, but it's pretty big if he indeed is a jihadist.

Did you see the cc vid? Chilling.

One officer hit in the arm, a second officer hit in the back of the head. Two other officers shot and killed assailant. One passerby struck by stray bullet but is thought to be fine, as is the officer struck in the arm.

Officer who was hit in the head is in critical but stable condition.

This all happened around 2 pm in Queens.

Sigh.

Best
Hc

Did you see the cc vid? Chilling.

One officer hit in the arm, a second officer hit in the back of the head. Two other officers shot and killed assailant. One passerby struck by stray bullet but is thought to be fine, as is the officer struck in the arm.

Officer who was hit in the head is in critical but stable condition.

This all happened around 2 pm in Queens.

Sigh.

Best
Hc

I just saw the video on CNN earlier. It is very chilling to watch. According to the news, he purposely ambushed the cops as they were politely posing for a picture with a person that asked them to allow them to take a picture with them. The guy appeared to have been hiding behind a bus stop area partition and he was waiting for his chance to attack them when they were not ready. The attacker guy is shown running towards them with the axe. He actually runs quite a ways and even has to avoid another pedestrian to get to the cops. The video stops right before he is near the cops.

They showed the bloody axe on the ground and it is a solid steel handled axe with a rubber coating around the handle. I actually bought a hammer of the same exact brand and I can guarantee that is 1 heavy axe. I recognized the handle and the looks of it as being exactly like my hammer I bought. They are made of a solid piece of steel where the steel handle part is just thinner and they have a light blue rubber coating that goes around the steel shank of the handle.

The guy in the video is charging at them with both hands on the axe. I think he struck the 1 cop in the back of the head first. If so, I dont think the news will be good for his recovery because of what I know about the make of that axe and how heavy it was. Plus the guy was using both his hands on the axe and would have come down on his head with tremendous force.

ETA: Unless I am mistaken, the below link is the type of axe used. This was the same make as my hammer and the handle looked the same as in the video I saw. The steel goes clear to the bottom of the handle as the blue rubber part just surrounds the steel shank of the handle.

http://www.engineersupply.com/Estwi...0_a_7cES5117&gclid=CNiy1o-_xMECFQqTaQodor8AhQ

Too many lone wolf attacks. One is too many. But it is getting freaky. Makes me scared.

Horrifying, in broad daylight, with no fear of his actions imo.

What does a person have to do to qualify as a terrorist? We have these evil fanatics slaughtering people randomly and flaunting to the world their motive. Their websites are full of vile murderous writings and images, they declare to anyone who will listen that they are doing this for Allah. They idolize ISIS. It's like they are members of the ISIS fan club.

Just wait. There will be an " investigation" run by the Feds which will conclude that this poor guy was murdered in cold blood by police who should have just politely asked him to stop. Oh, and he's not a terrorist, he just had a bad day.

MOO

Bratton: Hatchet Attack on Cops Was a Lone Wolf "Act of Terror"

A man who assaulted a group of NYPD officers with a hatchet before they shot him dead committed "an act of terror," the city's top cop said Friday.

"We at this time believe that he acted alone," Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said Friday. "We would describe him as self-radicalized. We would describe him as self-directed in his activities."

read more ... http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Zale-Thompson-Ax-Queens-Motive-280312192.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back