Woman who gouged out eyes sues man, hospital for photo that went viral

zwiebel

Reaction score
A depressed woman who blinded herself by gouging out her own eyes with pencils, is suing the hospital which treated her after gory pictures of her injuries were posted online.

The unidentified woman alleges that a nurse at LA County-USC Medical Center took the photograph without her knowledge or permission, over two years ago. The nurse is then thought to have passed it on, until it made its way into the hands of Joshua Shivers. This July it appeared on a 'gore website' and received nearly 200,000 views. Joshua Shivers took credit for posting it, boasting 'I finally made it in life! Please check out my shiz!' He's named in the lawsuit, along with his mother and 20 employees of the medical center.

Although the complainant has learnt braille, recovered from her depression and now attends college, she says knowing the photo is making people aware of her suicide attempt is deeply hurtful and humiliating.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-woman-sues-county-hospital-photo-20141022-story.html

This nurse is unprofessional and shows a total lack of compassion. I hope this is dealt with properly by whoever issues her licence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back