Australia Australia - Andy Albury

Ausgirl

Reaction score
Andy Albury is certainly a killer, in prison never to be released for the unspeakably horrific murder of Gloria Pindan in Darwin, November 1983. He's killed people in prison, as well, and attacked many others. He's violent and unpredictable, very likely Son-of-Sam level delusional (though this has been disputed - he's extremely intelligent and could be, according to some psychiatric assessors, putting it on).

Could he also be one of our most prolific serial killers? Some think his confession to 14 other murders is bunk, others don't. I think he's pretty likely to be responsible for at least a few other deaths, so maybe he's worth looking into for some missing persons cases & unsolveds up north.

Looking at the crimes we can be 100% sure he did do, he goes for blitz attacks and maximum damage. He has a strong sadistic streak and will attack both women and men. I think he's worth looking at for any unsolveds involving extreme violence.

In any case, he very probably fits the requirement for 'serial killer' already, with the murder of Gloria, the pedo in prison and poor old Alfred Beales.

Msm reports:

A sadistic killer dubbed "a real-life Hannibal Lecter" has allegedly confessed to 14 unsolved murders in the Australian Outback.

Former abattoir worker Andy Albury was convicted in 1983 of the brutal slaying of an Aboriginal woman Gloria Pindan in Darwin.

Detectives have launched a fresh investigation into cold cases after he reportedly told a retired cop about a killing spree between 1970 and 1982.

Deranged Albury is believed to have boasted about the murders to former Northern Territory Police Detective Sgt. Les 'Chappy' Chapman, The Sunday Mail said.

"He confessed to 14 murders to me," Chapman told the newspaper.

"We only got him for one. That got him life in prison. But we know he killed others."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/australias-hannibal-lecter-allegedly-confesses-3179667

He once described how, as a South Australian fisherman, he had hacked a victim to death with a machete, put the body in a bag and tossed it into the Port Adelaide river. He reportedly told prison officers: "I cut him in half and all his entrails fell out and I cut off his head and stuffed up his torso." He also said he was involved in some "family" killings in SA.

Albury claimed he was 15 when he committed his first murder - that of a 14-year-old boy who he buried under a boat shed on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula.

He said he used a bottle of poisoned alcohol to kill three Aborigines in the Todd River, Alice Springs, in 1981.

Most of his eccentric claims have been disproved.

----

The Queensland cabinet awarded Condren $400,000 in compensation for the wrongful imprisonment in 1995. But his wife's murder is still an open case. Albury was never tried over the killing and it is unlikely he ever will be.

Chapman says: "To get a conviction, with his mental state, would have been a bit hard. But either he did it or he was with someone who did."

Chapman says Albury confessed to fatally stomping on sleeping pensioner Alfred Donald Beales, 52, in an Alice Springs river bed in 1982.

"There was enough evidence to put him up but to get a conviction might have been a bit difficult so we didn't worry," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-hannibal-lecter/story-fni0ffnk-1226792493288

----

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back