GUILTY TX - Ayahna Comb, 9, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, Houston, 29 Jan 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
1bbe43f2-5132-4fd2-a496-a200eb0488f6_zps0cd3a6ae.jpg

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...death-of-girl-found-in-refrigerator/18191435/

The death of a 9-year-old girl who was found inside a refrigerator back in June has been ruled a homicide, the Harris County Medical Examiner said Thursday.

A neighbor called police to the Happy Home Apartments located in the 10100 block of Club Creek after the victim's 5-year-old sister found her body wrapped in a blanket and stuffed in a refrigerator drawer.

Investigators said Ayahana Comb had been dead since January and weighed just 17 pounds. Family members said the victim had cerebral palsy, needed a wheelchair to get around, and was bottle fed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/homicide-ruled-in-death-of-texas-girl-found-in-refrigerator/

Her mother, Amber Keys, told police that one night in January Ayahana just stopped breathing. Keys said she performed CPR, but it was too late. Police said Keys told them she didn't know what to do with her daughter's body...

The Harris County Medical Examiner's Office says Ayahana's cause of death was malnutrition and dehydration complicated by cerebral palsy and ulcers, which extended down to her bones, infecting them.

I KNOW I have seen this case before back in June. Thought it was here but I guess not. Her photo is what reminded me. Rest in peace darling girl.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

And someone tell me the 5year old sister who found Ayahana is no longer in the custody of her mother. And is getting some trauma therapy. Could you imagine the nightmares and horor?! Ugh.

I was always told if I didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.
So I'm keeping quiet on this :)

I KNOW I have seen this case before back in June. Thought it was here but I guess not. Her photo is what reminded me. Rest in peace darling girl.

I thought so too! I searched and searched for a thread because I KNEW there was one already here, but could not find anything.

Thank you. This is the only place I follow and discuss cases so I thought I might be crazy.

So disturbing. Back in June we knew how this would shake out. :( Poor little punkin

I cannot even conceive of her being 17 lbs at 9. I remember wondering is that right? Is that a typo? How can that be.

:cry:

Here is one of the earlier stories about this one from back in June.

A nine-year-old girl who reportedly was found stuffed in a refrigerator on Monday had been dead since January, investigators said today.

Ayahana Comb, who suffered from cerebral palsy, weighed just 14lbs when she was discovered at the Happy Home Apartments in Houston, Texas.

A neighbor, who was concerned that he hadn't seen the little girl in a few months, went to check on the apartment earlier this week. He found the front door unlocked and no one at home, so went inside and discovered the little girl's body wrapped in a blanket in a refrigerator drawer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656226/Girl-9-dead-fridge-January.html#ixzz3HphjtLwq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and another

Texas Health and Human Services officials confirm they are investigating Amber Keyes for food stamp fraud, and possibly more. They are looking into whether she was receiving aid for the care of her daughter since January, when 9-year-old Ayahna reportedly died. The girl had cerebral palsy.

http://myhoustonmajic.com/3142318/was-mom-of-9-year-old-found-in-refrigerator-receiving-aid-for-dead-daughter/

January!! My gosh and found in June?? So I'm assuming her "caretakers" just want her disability payments to keep rolling in. Deal with the death when need be. Smh. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No truer words! What pain and suffering for this little gift from God.

and another

Texas Health and Human Services officials confirm they are investigating Amber Keyes for food stamp fraud, and possibly more. They are looking into whether she was receiving aid for the care of her daughter since January, when 9-year-old Ayahna reportedly died. The girl had cerebral palsy.

http://myhoustonmajic.com/3142318/was-mom-of-9-year-old-found-in-refrigerator-receiving-aid-for-dead-daughter/

This is eerily similar to the Harrisburg PA case of the Fragile X boy who was 9 yr old and 17 lbs when he died too.....

My 10 month old weighs 24lbs.. This is sickening.

#ComeHomeChristina

This is horrifying. I have an incredibly skinny child who inherited her daddy's extremely fast metabolism. I worry and fret over her weight, when she was younger it was a great cause of concern b/c when the tiny ones get sick you worry that they just won't have the strength to recover from losing a pound from the flu, knowing it'll take months to regain that pound. I can't imagine starving my child to death, I can't imagine watching them wither away little by little. Slowly killing them over a 9 year period. It's heartbreaking.

Agreed.
That said, your 10 month old sounds "husky".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmbo!! He definitely is :) chunky monkey.. The comparison makes me feel ill.. The horror this baby must've gone through is unthinkable.. How many more times is this going to have to happen before we finally tighten up the system.

#ComeHomeChristina

Thank you. This is the only place I follow and discuss cases so I thought I might be crazy.

So disturbing. Back in June we knew how this would shake out. :( Poor little punkin

I cannot even conceive of her being 17 lbs at 9. I remember wondering is that right? Is that a typo? How can that be.

:cry:

Those are not uncommon stats for disabled children coming from Ukrainian orphanages.

Those are not uncommon stats for disabled children coming from Ukrainian orphanages.

I did not know that. 17 lbs for a 9 year old child is beyond my imagination.

This is eerily similar to the Harrisburg PA case of the Fragile X boy who was 9 yr old and 17 lbs when he died too.....

Yes, very much so newone :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991