'Car Talk' co-host Tom Magliozzi dies at age 77

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
I listened to these guys every Saturday morning, not because I wanted to learn about cars but because they were so funny. It was like listening to my Dad and some of his friends giving advice about engines, tires and such. It brought me back to when my Dad was still alive; now when I listen on Saturdays it will be with a little sadness. :(

BOSTON (Reuters) - Tom Magliozzi, co-host of the long-running weekly National Public Radio show "Car Talk," died on Monday of complications from Alzheimer's disease, the broadcast network said. He was 77.

Magliozzi and his younger brother Ray became famous as the self-deprecating radio mechanics "Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers" on their popular week

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...national-public-radio/ar-BBcN0tX?ocid=U142DHP

=( I was listening to my local NPR station this morning really remembering the great times with Click-N-Clack. I also listened every week. Sad... Didn;t expect to see a thread here, but that is awesome. Alzheimers. Ugh.

I've been a fan of Click & Clack for years - they always gave me a chuckle.

I had no idea Tom was suffering from Alzheimer's. Such sad news to learn of his passing.

:rose:

Awww...I listened to may a Click and Clack over the years. So sorry to hear the sad news. At least he had a very good life full of friends and family and his love of cars. :rose:

They are on right before 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!'. It's a fun morning sitting sipping coffee and listening.

=( I was listening to my local NPR station this morning really remembering the great times with Click-N-Clack. I also listened every week. Sad... Didn;t expect to see a thread here, but that is awesome. Alzheimers. Ugh.

[video=youtube;8OQMI748a5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQMI748a5Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The show yesterday had Ray talking about his brother between segments of Ray's interactions with callers and his infectious laughter. Ray's sorrow was palpable.

My husband and I loved listening to Car Talk for Years!!! :)
They brought us much laughter and knowledge about car issues.
God Bless you Tom and your family!!
RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23