ME ME - Mary Tanner, 18, Kennebunk, 7 July 1978

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
84a7885d-b174-4042-aa02-329671b65524_zpscc146194.jpg

http://www.wgme.com/news/features/t...documentary-36-year-old-cold-case-24747.shtml

Mary Tanner was just 18-years-old when she was murdered in Kennebunk. Over three decades later, her siblings are still trying to put the pieces together...

Siblings say Mary’s body was found in a field badly beaten... Instead of planning a graduation party, Mary’s family was planning her funeral...

Then came the really hard part, “The easy part is all that. The easy part is making arrangements. The easy part is the funeral. The hard part is dealing with the doubt, looking at everyone in the face on the street asking is it you, is it you?”

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/06/...ll-waiting-for-answers-35-years-after-murder/

Mary had been bludgeoned to death, beyond recognition. She had been pregnant...

And where her beaten, bloody body was found, in Gracie Evans Field, wasn’t a location known to many but locals, he said. Back then it was just a field where families gathered by day to watch skydivers come down, and teens at night to party. But it wasn’t easy to find or navigate to, being down a series of dirt roads and in a remote, wooded area.

“I’m pretty certain it was one of us,” Ames said. “I’ve heard the names of several guys over the years and sometimes I’ll see them and think, ‘Are you the one?’”

Justice for Mary: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Mary/423477591069172

I feel so sorry for her siblings and family and friends....can't imagine what they must have and are still going through. God bless them all. R.i.p She was beautiful.

I just came across this story tonight while I was going through my Twitter feed. Wow, I have a blog and I think I will do more research and try to help get this out to the public. My sincerest and deepest condolences to her family and friends. I hope one day you get justice for your loved one.

Do we know how far along her pregnancy was? Far enough for her to know, far enough to have maybe told the father of the baby? Far enough for DNA to be retrievable from the baby's remains (assuming Mary was buried rather than cremated)?

In cases like this the baby's father would normally and understandably be the prime suspect.

I have lots of family in the area. I will follow this case.

post 11/19/2019

The Mary Tanner Story

A credible source tells us Bruce Foley has died. Bruce E. Foley is one of the most-mentioned suspects in Mary Tanner's murder. The source tells us his ashes were buried in Hope Cemetery and provided a photo of an unmarked plot with a freshly-dug hole. The family has not commented and there has been no public death notice or obituary. Rik O'Neal interviewed Bruce in 2016 at Minnesota's sexual offenders prison in Moose Lake, MN. The facility will say only that Bruce is no longer there. Officials with the Minnesota Department of Human Resources would not confirm or deny whether Bruce was still in custody. If you have any information, please message us here or contact Jane Needham or Rik O'Neal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back