GA GA - Cobb Co., Male Skeletal UP14401, in woods near I-75 & I-285, Sep'14

Tonia

Reaction score
I have never posted a thread in this forum so if it is wrong please feel free to move...

Police are down to their last resort trying to identify human remains that were found near the Braves new stadium site in September. They are asking the public for help.

Cobb County investigators have released photos of items they found near where the skeletal remains were found. The remains were found by a worker surveying a site for a new parking lot not far from the new stadium site.

They were found near a retention pond off Cumberland Boulevard and may have been there for years, according to police. Police divers spent days in the pond, looking for missing skeletal remains. "There were some parts of the skeleton that were missing that are very vital to the proper identification," said Sgt. Dana Pierce.

Without those key remains police are using a new tactic releasing photographs to the news media in hopes someone recognizes them. The photographs are of the following items found near the skeletal remains:

-An Arizona Jean Company clothing tag, a clothing product only sold at JC Penney stores.

-A button from a pair of Arizona Jeans.

-A Cherokee clothing label, which is sold at Target stores, size XXL.

-Pieces of a beaded necklace

Just because they were found near the body investigators say it doesn't necessarily mean they belonged to the dead person, but there is a chance and if that chance can help them identify the remains, it could help them find out what happened.

635509930655846467-items.jpg

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/weird/2014/11/10/human-remains-found-near-braves-new-stadium-site-police-ask-for-help-identifying/18802609/

According to multiple sites Arizona Jean was created specifically for JCPenny in 1990 or 1994 depending on which site you want to believe. Cherokee clothing has been around since it was founded in 1971. The necklace looks 80's/early 90's.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2053dfga.html

Bridget Clodfelter went missing right down the road from where these remains where found. She disappeared Sept 5 1992. Bridget was last seen wearing a pair of white jeans, black shirt, and black boots. The tag on the shirt does look like it could have come from a dark or black shirt.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...2!3m1!1s0x88f510fb7a4f0891:0xb7d5adb5fd41eef0

Edit- if you google 90s jeans over sized shirt this was very popular at the time.

I have never called anything like this in. Should i? i don't even know where to start

The cherokee shirt is from target the RN # 17730 is registered with the federal trade commission.
Still googling when they started manufacturing shirts in Pakistan.

So I'm assuming cranium and jawbone are missing if the missing pieces are crucial to identification. I would expect many bones to be missing since this body has skeletonized (not that it would take long in the Georgia heat for that to happen) and furry creatures would drag bones away. If it is the cranium missing, that is a large piece and makes me suspicious that he/she may have been decapitated. Just my opinion. Also, the roots growing through the labels (in conjunction with other data) would enable a forenisc anthropologist to estimate year of death. I wonder how covered the body was by debris. I don't think the body has been there over a couple of years maximum considering how good of a condition the labels are in and knowing how humid and hot it is in that region of Georgia.

I thought they said most of the remains were recovered from the pond by divers.
Cobb County investigators have released photos of items they found near where the skeletal remains were found. The remains were found by a worker surveying a site for a new parking lot not far from the new stadium site.

"They were found near a retention pond off Cumberland Boulevard and may have been there for years, according to police. Police divers spent days in the pond, looking for missing skeletal remains. "There were some parts of the skeleton that were missing that are very vital to the proper identification," said Sgt. Dana Pierce."

According to target history, if I am reading it correctly, they opened their first georgia stores in 1989. So missing women from 1989 on.

if she is from Georgia

Are the brands only made for women? Could it possibly be a male, too?

No, both brands are both male and female. And while they have a full line of styles and sizes, they do tend to have a somewhat younger audience. The youngest carbuff used to wear almost exclusively Arizona brand stuff, until he hit high school, got sophisticated, and graduated to American Eagle.

Beaded necklaces, especially on leather cords, were in style for boys/young men about 10-15 years ago, as well. Still are for that matter. So yeah, no reason to assume female based on what we know.

What was on this bit of land before they started to build the stadium? Was it just open space?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back