Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like Bill Cosby made a stupid decision on his twitter account. He sort of "Streisand Effected" himself.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/14/showbiz/tv/bill-cosby-rape-allegations/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Rape allegations haunt Bill Cosby in the digital age
By Todd Leopold and Ben Brumfield, CNN
updated 5:08 AM EST, Fri November 14, 2014

...The Tweet

On Monday, the comedian -- or whomever was in charge of his social media -- put out a challenge with a jovial picture of Cosby in a cap: "Go ahead. Meme me! #cosbymeme."

The Internet immediately reacted, but probably not in the way Cosby expected.

"Claire, have you seen my ... nevermind, found my raping hat!" tweeted Trill Withers over the cap picture....

B2Hg3UVIcAA2AlS.png

There's a lot more to this and I suggest reading the entire article before commenting.

I had never heard of these allegations until recently and was surprised about them. Awful.

Bill Cosby's guest shot with Letterman canceled

FRAZIER MOORE, AP
2 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Bill Cosby's upcoming appearance on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" has been canceled amid a growing uproar over allegations that he sexually assaulted several women in past decades.

Cosby spokesman David Brokaw confirmed Friday night that Cosby would not appear next Wednesday as previously scheduled. He did not say why.

"Late Show" representative Kimberly Izzo-Emmet said, "We can't comment on the guest booking process." She said Regis Philbin would be the replacement guest...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20141115/US--TV-Cosby-Letterman/

A little curious as to why this wasn't reported when it occurred.
Neither defending nor accusing Mr. Cosby , but if he is innocent in this, is there any other reason why this is just coming out now ?

If it truly happened... NO ONE is above the law. Just having money or being a celeb does not mean you can assault and/or mistreat others.
:moo:

Maybe Cosby is being targeted because he told young blacks to pull up their pants, and other inconvenient truths. I do not believe a word of it.

Neither defending nor accusing Mr. Cosby , but if he is innocent in this, is there any other reason why this is just coming out now ?

If it truly happened... NO ONE is above the law. Just having money or being a celeb does not mean you can assault and/or mistreat others.

It was reported back when the lawsuit happened. Did you read the article?

An allegation doesn't make it true. I just am so tired of people accusing celebrities of things, those celebrities then being tainted but the accusation without it even coming to trial or formal charges.
It is crappy IMO.

I hope this is not true. I really enjoy and appreciate Bill as a performer and value his "inconvenient truths" as trident termed them. It would be a shame if this turned out to be true :(

It was reported back when the lawsuit happened. Did you read the article?

Briefly. Went back to it just now.
It's too bad Barbara Bowman wasn't taken more seriously at the time.

Very sad if any of this is true. Always thought Bill Cosby seemed to be more 'grounded' in his thinking, than some other celebs.

It was reported. I remember reading about it years ago.

IMO there are too many women who've made claims (for years) for this to be untrue.

IMO there are too many women who've made claims (for years) for this to be untrue.

Again just because someone says something does not mean it is true. Autumn Jackson went to prison for trying to extort money from him. He has claimed he has had affairs, and that to me is between him and his wife, But rape? There has to be more to it than someone's say so for me to believe it. It is too easy now for women to say the word rape and ruin someone even if it is not true.

I want women who have been assaulted to get real justice but to me that starts in Court not the papers.

Just sad.
Never met the man, but I still remember as a kid watching a 'toon called "Fat Albert" ; and B.Cosby would have a little bit to say at the end of each show.
He (B.C.) just seemed more sensible in what he had to say ; especially to those of his ethnicity and culture.

From your link Steely:

"In late October, comedian Hannibal Buress bluntly attacked what he perceived as Cosby's "smuggest old black man public persona" by saying, "Yeah, but you rape women, Bill Cosby, so turn the crazy down a couple notches. 'I don't curse onstage.' Well, yeah, you're (a) rapist, so I'll take you saying lots of m******advertiser censored****s on 'Bill Cosby: Himself' if you weren't a rapist."

I wonder what the motivation was for this comedian to bring this up? I have never heard of Mr. Buress before, just wondering what prompted him to include the allegations in his routine.

Maybe Cosby is being targeted because he told young blacks to pull up their pants, and other inconvenient truths. I do not believe a word of it.

I was thinking the very same thing. He has been called an "Uncle Tom" and a traitor to his race just because he speaks about young blacks being accountable for their own education and futures and to stop the pants hanging under their butts look and stop being thugs. He is not especially liked by some blacks just for this alone. He is being tried and sentenced on the media and has never been charged with the crime. I would have to see and hear more evidence than I have seen thus far.

For the past nine years, retired attorney Tamara Green has stayed fairly quiet about her claims that Bill Cosby drugged and groped her back in 1970.

But she thinks it's "fabulous" Cosby is once again under fire for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting 14 women – including former Temple University employee Andrea Constand.

"He is in fact a sexual predator," Green, 58, tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I don't dispute the fact the man has done much good, but he is a flawed man.

"He's not the fictional Dr. Huxtable or the Jell-O salesman," she says. "This is Bill Cosby who for years felt entitled because of his status as a celebrity and because for years he was above the law."
---
more: http://www.people.com/article/bill-cosby-sexual-assault-allegations-tamara-green-andrea-constand

An allegation doesn't make it true. I just am so tired of people accusing celebrities of things, those celebrities then being tainted but the accusation without it even coming to trial or formal charges.
It is crappy IMO.

When 14 women accuse him of the same thing it's more than just an allegation. It's 14 allegations.

From your link Steely:

"In late October, comedian Hannibal Buress bluntly attacked what he perceived as Cosby's "smuggest old black man public persona" by saying, "Yeah, but you rape women, Bill Cosby, so turn the crazy down a couple notches. 'I don't curse onstage.' Well, yeah, you're (a) rapist, so I'll take you saying lots of m******advertiser censored****s on 'Bill Cosby: Himself' if you weren't a rapist."

I wonder what the motivation was for this comedian to bring this up? I have never heard of Mr. Buress before, just wondering what prompted him to include the allegations in his routine.

I would think the latest flak on Cosby. He also mentions what Cosby said about pull yourself up in his act. Is that what you want to hear?

It is crappy IMO.

Most women who are raped do not report it to the police, so there are no formal charges. I would submit that it would be even more daunting for a raped woman to press charges when the rapist is a beloved celebrity. And so (assuming that at least some of the many, many allegations are true) I do not fault these women, any more than other victims of rape, for declining to press charges, as much as I wish they would. They have my sympathies, and I wish more people would sympathize with them rather than Dr. Huxtable/the Cos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail