CA CA - Cold Cases in the San Francisco Bay Area: A Summary

PastTense

Reaction score
Homicide cold cases grow chillier as clues disappear, police resources dwindle

As 9-year-old Beth Ringheim struggled to make sense of the gruesome murder scene in her father’s Dublin home, she formed a terrifying question: Who would do such a thing?... Such cases continue to dog detectives in agencies around the Bay Area as resources dwindle or clues and memories fade away.
http://www.mercurynews.com/cold-cases

A very interesting set of articles as well as a map.

Thanks for posting this list!

Very interesting. Thanks. I will have to look more closely later. :websleuther:

In case anyone didn't notice it point your mouse at one of the dots on the map and click on it. For example for Antioch on the upper right (upper right of all the dots shown) it will show:
AGENCY: Antioch
DATE: 6/27/1980
VICTIM(S): Susan Bombardier
CAUSE: Stabbing
DESCRIPTION: Victim disappeared while babysitting and was found in a river near Big Break Harbor. Her nude body was found floating in the San Joaquin River.
ARTICLE LINKS: https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1281064/suzanne-bombardier.pdf

IT WOULD BE VERY USEFUL IF SOMEONE WOULD GO THROUGH AND CHECK EACH OF THESE 60 OR SO CASES AND EITHER ADD OR UPDATE A WEBSLEUTH POST!!!

Wow....I lived in Los Gatos in 1979....about a block away from where Clara Rose was murdered. Haven't thought about it in years. I just got done reading all the newspaper articles that were included on that link. Bringing back all kinds of memories. A girl I used to walk to school with had lived in the same condo, but had moved the year before.

Bumping... is this list or the articles still available?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back