Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: May have a mohawk; natural hair
color may be darker. Dimple in chin.
Clothing: Black toque headwear, black baggy pants, a black hooded
sweatshirt (size medium), and red running shoes. Had a dark coloured
knapsack and was carrying a skateboard and flashlight. May be wearing
a wooden name tag with the inscription of "WOODY".
Jewelry: Two earrings in left ear, wears heavy chain necklaces.
AKA: Justin Johnathon Pollari; "Woody"
Case Number: 5536-V; 20060116

Details of Disappearance
Justin Pollari is from St. Joseph Island, Ontario, and was last seen on Friday, December 7, 2001. He is known to be an avid skateboarder and may frequent areas where this sport is practised."

Lengthy detail..

http://www.cyc-net.org/today2003/today031210.html

http://www.nugget.ca/2009/12/17/we-always-hope-hell-show-up-someday
"Justin was last seen wearing blue jeans and a hooded sweatshirt while carrying a black backpack and skateboard. At the time, he was described as 5-foot-10 inches, 150 pounds with blue eyes and blond, Mohawk-style hair.

Following the original investigation into the 2001 disappearance, the East Algoma detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police reopened the case in 2005. Officers searched an area on St. Joseph Island where Justin was last seen for four-and-a-half days, but the efforts turned up nothing significant enough to lead them to Justin.

Police have also conducted many interviews and followed up on numerous alleged sightings, but, again, no clue has led them to Justin thus far.

It has now been just more than eight years since the disappearance. Born Jan. 31, 1987, Justin turns 22 next month.

People with information on the case are encouraged to call the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122."

http://www.saultstar.com/2008/10/28...red-in-2001-grandmother-comment-on-this-story

"Case of missing St. Joe teen parallels that of Barrie boy - No possessions of Justin Pollari have been found since he disappeared in 2001"

"In Brandon's case, his bicycle was found near a wooded area, prompting a massive search that ended on Sunday. Microsoft, maker of the Xbox and the gameCall of Duty 4, with which Brandon is reported to have been obsessed, has matched a $25,000 reward for Brandon's return and has agreed to turn over information it has on the online gamers he might have come in contact with. Brandon's father has told reporters it was after the boy's Xbox privileges were taken away that he left home.

Justin didn't leave a trace when he disappeared, but the circumstances of the two cases have their parallels.

"(Justin) had done it a couple of times before -- (he and his father) got into an argument and he just went over to a friend's and he was back the next morning," said Karen Charpentier, Justin's grandmother.

"But nothing has shown up, no clothing, not his backpack, no skateboard."

Charpentier said she recalls the early days of Justin's disappearance were extremely difficult.

"It's just constantly on your mind because you're looking and looking and looking and hoping."

She said she knows what it must be like for Brandon's parents, Steve and Angelika Crisp, who are now dealing with the fact that the ground search has ended.

"I don't know whether it gets worse after it's called off, because then (family members) are still looking and you're waiting and your mind can't think of too much else," said Charpentier. "Even now, for me, there's times I just sit and think about it and wonder 'Where is he? Why doesn't he call if he's alive?' "

Justin would be in his late 20's now, if he is still alive, wonder how much taller he might have grown since age 14?
Would he now have tattoos and his hair much darker?

This link from 2005 refers to a tip...fwiw
Also, some links say JP was 5' 9'' and had dyed hair, either black or blonde.
He may have called himself ' J"

http://www.trucknews.com/features/clear-shot-justin-please-phone-home

"a gas station attendant in Saulte Ste. Marie who said he thought he saw Justin getting into a Quik X truck there.

Apparently the sighting occurred around the time that Justin first disappeared"

http://popeye.discash.com/childfind/db/child.cgi?alias=103&pm=PDF

"MISSING/DISPARU
CHILD FIND 1-800-387-7962
All Calls Confidential - No Name Required * Tous les appels sont anonymes et confidentiels.
JUSTIN POLLARI
5536-V
Date Of Birth:
Jan 31, 1987
Né le:
31 janvier 1987
Height:
5'9"
Taille:
176 cm
Weight:
140 lbs
Poids:
63 kg
Hair:
blond, dyed black
Cheveux:
blonds, teints noirs
Eyes:
blue
Yeux:
bleus
Characteristics:
Traits distinctifs:
When last seen was wearing his hair in a
six inch mohawk, he is also an avid
skateboarder.
Au moment de sa disparition, ses cheveux
avaient une coupe "mohawk" de 15 cm.
Justin est un avide adepte de la planche à
roulettes.
Justin was last seen talking to a trucker on highway 11, just outside of Sault Ste. Marie, near his hometown.
Justin a été vu pour la derière fois sur l'autoroute 11 près de Sault-Ste-Marie, près de chez-lui, alors qu'il parlait à un
camionneur.
ANYONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
TOUTE PERSONNE AYANT DE L'INFORMATION EST PRIÉE DE COMMUNIQUER AVEC
MISSING SINCE: Dec 07, 2001
DISPARU LE: 7 décembre 2001
MISSING FROM: Hilton Beach Ontario
DE: Hilton Beach, Ontario
Poster printed on Nov 17, 2014. To re-print, please visit www.childfind.ca - Affiche imprimée après le 17 novembre 2014. Veuillez visiter www.childfind.ca pour la remplacer"

What's with the childfind page? No links and no way to search for any information or pics .. only contact info for their provincial offices.

Bumping for Justin, sometimes known as " Woody."
He has to be out there somewhere, maybe an avid skateboarder might recall seeing him back in 2001.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/RCMP/0100910/1RCMP0100910c1.jpg

"

Missing Since
Dec 7, 2001
Missing From
Hilton Township, Canada
DOB
Jan 31, 1987
Age Now
Sex
Male
Hair Color
Blonde
Eye Color
Blue
Height
5'10"
Weight
150 lbs

Justin may still be in the local area or may have traveled to Sault Sainte-Marie, Ontario or Michigan area. He may dye his hair, his ears are pierced and was last known to have a mohawk. He may go by the nickname Joe."

Bumping for Justin and hoping somebody might recognize him perhaps hanging around a truck stop or a skateboard park.

I have heard no rumors on this case, being a Canadian i have seen many trucks, flyers etc with this boys photo but not a whole lot of back ground or information. The lack of info in itself always seemed odd to me, in such a digital age normally the families home life is laid out for all to see , but this case you rarely even find mention of the parents names? Are you able to share some of the info you have heard speculated on? I have a tough time believing a 14 year old boy ran away to Toronto and by the age of 30 still hadnt reached out to a single family member or friend. I too believe he is deceased but would love to hear your insight as someone much closer to the story

http://www.cyc-net.org/today2003/today031210.html
10 DECEMBER 2003
It's been a long two years for us,” John Pollari, 38, said during yet another search of Toronto's streets. Janis McLeod, Justin's stepmother, carried the briefcase. Inside were pictures of Justin mostly, photocopied posters that, on this cold November day, they would post in shelters and drop-in centres around the city. It's obvious they've travelled this road before. There are also letters and drawings of Justin's that elicit a haunting feeling about this quiet, angry, boy. The letter: “I really hate school and the government,” he wrote three months before he left, to his Grade 9 teacher. “At class I plan on trying until I get sick of it, then I'll give up and drop out when I'm 16.” The sketch: Himself with a Mohawk haircut that he proudly sculpted using wood glue, a dog collar that he wore and his skateboard. His parents used the drawing for a poster and affixed the words: “Justin we love you, call us! Let us know you're alive.”

Justin's case is unusual in that he'd never run away before and hasn't contacted anyone. Runaway teens are typically heard from at some point, if not by their family, then by friends. Three-quarters are chronic runaways, according to National Missing Children Services, an investigative agency for the country's police forces. (Of 66,500 cases of missing children last year, 86 per cent were solved within a week.)

“I have to admit, I'm a little obsessed with Justin's case,” said Jan Barr, case manager for Child Find Ontario. “My feeling is he's out there.” She often gets calls of a Justin sighting. His picture is plastered on transport trucks, billing envelopes, Web sites and public bulletin boards here and south of the border — ironic, since Justin hated having his picture taken. Barr is required to pass on any sighting to the Ontario Provincial Police officer assigned to Justin's case. But she doesn't always contact the family, knowing the toll it takes when another report proves false.

But this latest sighting got even Barr excited. On Nov. 13, a boy fitting Justin's description and four other kids stopped at the Metropolitan United Church on the corner of Church and Queen Sts., part of a vast Toronto network that feeds and houses hundreds of street kids. They were given food and clothing before apparently going to panhandle at the Dundas St. bus station.

“He called himself J,” said Judy, the outreach worker. He wore army pants, a Mohawk haircut and backpack. “He had layers of sweaters on and that's why I offered them coats. They looked very young.”

On a gut feeling, she searched the Internet for photos of missing children, spotted Justin's photo and called Child Find. It was the first call that Justin's parents had received from the agency since spring.

When Justin fled, the days and weeks that followed were filled with frantic searches for a boy legally too young to be out on this own. Believing he had gone to Toronto, his parents, grandparents and other relatives made seven-hour trips down from the Soo. They drove aimlessly along city streets, toured homeless shelters, lingered at punk rock concerts and skateboard hangouts, and talked to homeless kids.

“Being on his own, we thought ‘How on earth is he going to stay alive?’ ” McLeod said. Now after two years, feelings of panic, fear, guilt and depression have given way to cautious hope, an inner voice that tells them, yes, he must just be having too good a time to call; otherwise, why wouldn't he? “We still look at every teenage kid every day. When we're out driving, we turn the car around so we can look a kid in the face.”

One of the first stops on their recent trip to Toronto was Covenant House on Gerrard St., east of Yonge. It's the country's largest youth shelter that each year assists more than 5,000 kids, most of whom have fled or been forced from home. Justin wouldn't have been allowed to stay here until he turned 16, but one of the first things that young runaways do is buy fake I.D.

A burly man named Ron, with pigtails and a crocheted hat, pulls a binder of missing children from behind the oak front desk. “If he's been on the street for two years, he knows how to get around,” he said, pulling out Justin's picture. His parents hand over a new poster. He suggested they try some Out of the Cold programs that offer hot meals around the city.

Justin's parents used to believe in a civic duty to feed and house street kids. No more. They believe Justin was lured by the apparent glamour of living on Toronto streets. “It's difficult to even say, but we really aren't in favour now of all of the support that goes toward homelessness and shelters, because it's created a lifestyle,” McLeod said. “The intention is good, but on the flip side it has actually created a way for kids to live on the street.”

More than half who arrive at Covenant House are from outside the city, mainly Northern Ontario and the Maritimes. Few find life on the street or in shelters a pleasant experience, said program director Carol Howes. But more to the point: far fewer parents come looking for them. “Most kids don't have the option of going home,” she said.
There's no doubt that Justin had a troubled life growing up in the village of Desbarats, and later on St. Joseph Island, about a half hour's drive from Sault Ste. Marie. His parents split up when he was a baby. His mother gave up custody to his dad when he was 11. Janis became his stepmom when he was 12. He had stepsisters and stepbrothers in both homes and stayed with relatives when his father, a truck driver, couldn't take Justin on the road. He had learning problems that made school intolerable for him. And he lost his dog. The night that he left, there must have been a fight. He came home around 10 p.m. with a scrape on his upper lip and was extremely upset. At one point, he lunged at his dad.

“That's what we constantly wonder about? What in the world happened to him that night?” McLeod said. Justin said he was in a fight, then changed his story and said he fell.
Janis' two boys, Braden and Loren, have made several trips to Toronto to look for their stepbrother. “We were pretty good friends,” said 19-year-old Braden. “It's very depressing. We just want to know where he is.” By nightfall, Justin's parents had made eight or nine stops at shelters and drop-ins, including the church he was apparently sighted at, before calling off their latest search.
“It just feels like a shot in the dark again,” Justin's dad said. “All we can do is try. We can't give up. And we won't.”

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pollari_justin.html
attachment.php
attachment.php

Missing Since: December 7, 2001 from St. Joseph Island, Ontario

Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 31, 1987
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140-149 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: May have a mohawk; natural hair
color may be darker. Dimple in chin.

Clothing: Black toque headwear, black baggy pants, a black hooded
sweatshirt (size medium), and red running shoes. Had a dark coloured
knapsack and was carrying a skateboard and flashlight. May be wearing
a wooden name tag with the inscription of "WOODY".

Jewelry: Two earrings in left ear, wears heavy chain necklaces.
AKA: Justin Johnathon Pollari; "Woody"
Case Number: 5536-V; 20060116

Details of Disappearance
Justin Pollari is from St. Joseph Island, Ontario, and was last seen on Friday, December 7, 2001. He is known to be an avid skateboarder and may frequent areas where this sport is practised.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
East Algoma OPP
1-877-934-6363

Attachments

• pollari_justin1.jpg
    pollari_justin1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 76
  • pollari_justin_ap2.jpg
    pollari_justin_ap2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 73
I've been doing my own investigation into Justin's disappearance, a citizen's brigade; for some reason I feel like I can find something in this case to help solve it. Sometimes ordinary, or even not-so-ordinary, people can sift out answers where police and investigators couldn't. Maybe I can help. You spoke of rumours... even rumours are a start when all else fails. I'd like to know what these rumours were, as much as you can recall.

I'm also one to dabble in unconventional ways of investigating also, which I have been pursuing in Justin's case. I personally believe, and feel, that he is deceased and there are people on St. Joseph's Island and in the Soo who know exactly what happened to Justin and where they hid his remains. And I personally feel these "rumours" just might be the key in solving it. It might even be a case of an old girlfriend of a culprit who, after 17 years, has got a guilty conscience she wants to come clean about...

I've been doing my own investigation into Justin's disappearance, a citizen's brigade; for some reason I feel like I can find something in this case to help solve it. Sometimes ordinary, or even not-so-ordinary, people can sift out answers where police and investigators couldn't. Maybe I can help. You spoke of rumours... even rumours are a start when all else fails. I'd like to know what these rumours were, as much as you can recall.

I'm also one to dabble in unconventional ways of investigating also, which I have been pursuing in Justin's case. I personally believe, and feel, that he is deceased and there are people on St. Joseph's Island and in the Soo who know exactly what happened to Justin and where they hid his remains. And I personally feel these "rumours" just might be the key in solving it. It might even be a case of an old girlfriend of a culprit who, after 17 years, has got a guilty conscience she wants to come clean about...

Welcome to Ws kev_i_font!
:welcome:
Glad you found us here, hoping Justin's story gets back out into the public eye, and yes, maybe someone with knowledge and a conscience will come forward with a valuable tip!

Thanks dotr. When I've got free time this week, or any time, I'd like to put some minds together and see what kind of extra clues we might be able to sift out through whatever information is available to the public. "Unconventional" methods, although scoffed at by most closeminded people, have proven to work in many cases of missing people, murder investigations and the like. I'm not an expert in those fields, but I have been talking with some people who are. It's a long shot, but I think at this point, any information that leads to Justin's whereabouts, alive or his remains, is well worth the effort to try.

"Ed Pellerin is the Ontario Provincial Police detective constable still looking into the case, nearly four years after Justin went missing. He’s partnered with the detective constable originally involved in the investigation, and has been reviewing the case since receiving a tip from a gas station attendant in Saulte Ste. Marie who said he saw Justin getting into a Quik X truck there.

I just phoned the OPP, to try to find out more information on that Quik X truck to asked them if they followed up on it... the news article that the Quik X truck tip came from didn't mention it. I also took the liberty of contacting Quik X transportation myself to ask them if they keep any records from 16 years ago... if they did, I asked them if they could tell me how many trucks had logged into the Sault-Sainte-Marie, Ontario or St. Joseph's Island areas and perhaps even who was driving them. The woman on the line agreed with me that that information might be crucial in finding out just what happened to Justin. Both the OPP and Quik X said they would get back to me when they can... here's hoping...

here's the link to the news story: https://www.trucknews.com/features/clear-shot-justin-please-phone-home/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back