GUILTY VA - Shelly Gravely, 34, Stuart, 14 Nov 2014

Here's the snippet from the FB page, so it doesn't get lost if they post a lot of updates:

Below is a press release from Sheriff Dan Smith about a woman missing from Patrick County. If you have any information, please contact the Patrick County Sheriff's Office immediately.

Patrick County authorities are actively investigating the disappearance of a Stuart woman, according to Sheriff Dan Smith. Shelly Dawn Vessell Gravely, 34, of South Mayo Drive, was last heard from shortly after 10 pm on Friday evening. Deputies were called by friends and family just prior to midnight on Saturday to check Gravely’s well-being. Deputies did not find Gravely at her home, the sheriff stated. Gravely had not made contact with friends as she normally does on Saturday, prompting authorities to be contacted. Local and state investigators worked throughout the day on Sunday following up on leads and searching for evidence at the residence. Gravely is described as being 5’4” 220 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Smith said that clothing and possible vehicle descriptions are unknown. A reward is being offered for information on Gravely’s location. Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact Sheriff Smith at 276 692 7012 or The Patrick County Sheriff’s Office at 276-694-3161. Major Garry Brown is the lead investigator assigned to the case.

Daniel M. Smith, Sheriff
Patrick County Sheriff’s Office
742 Commerce Street
Stuart, VA 24171
276-694-3161

I wonder if she seemed unstable (depressed) when they heard from her Friday. Or maybe she was meeting up with someone that her friends didn't know or trust (like a first date or something). I would think it would take more than just not hearing from someone for a day to prompt loved ones to reach out to authorities to check on her well being.....

Maybe. I was thinking the same thing.
Reading posts from her Facebook page her children were not with her.

On her FB page someone wrote I know you miss him, dated Nov 5th.

Does she drive? Does she have a cell phone?

I hope police are bringing in scent dogs.

Praying for her and her family.

I think that was about his father who passed. IMO

Did she have a car? Not getting a lot of info to keep an eye out for. IMO

Update:patrick County Sheriff's Office
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-County-Sheriffs-Office/534970616565832

MISSING PERSON UPDATE - NOVEMBER 18, 2014: The following is an update from Sheriff Dan Smith about Shelly Vessell Gravely who is missing.

Approximately 45 law enforcement officers from multiple agencies worked throughout the day on Tuesday searching primary and secondary roadsides on foot in both Patrick and Henry Counties. Approximately 100 miles of roadways were searched in both counties on Tuesday, according to Sheriff Smith. Sheriff Smith said that the missing persons investigation will continue on Wednesday with more roadside searches. A helicopter with the Virginia State Police was also used throughout the day to fly the area. Agencies participating in the search and missing person investigation are the Patrick County Sheriff’s Office, Virginia State Police, Henry County Sheriff’s Office, Virginia Department of Emergency Management, U.S. Marshal Service, Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations, and the Greensboro Police Department. The Sheriff’s Office is exhausting all of it’s resources into finding victim Shelly Vessell Gravely.

Can anyone see the comments under these posts? I can't for some reason.

Sorry - I deleted my last post because it was a duplicate from one of the articles posted earlier.

Update:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-County-Sheriffs-Office/534970616565832
Patrick County Sheriff's Office:
NOVEMBER 19, 2014 - Sheriff Dan Smith has prepared the following press release about the missing Shelly Vessell Gravely:

Sheriff Dan Smith indicated on Wednesday that dozens on law enforcement officers from multiple local, state and federal agencies continued their foot search along Patrick County roadsides for missing person Shelly Gravely. More than 200 miles of roadside have been checked in two days. The search will continue on Thursday with more roadside searches and air searches. The sheriff asks for continued patience from the public as law enforcement personnel exhausts all possible resources in finding Gravely and bringing this ordeal to a closure. Information about the investigation will be released to the public when such release will not hinder investigative efforts. Smith emphasized that this is an isolated incident in which the general public is not at risk.

Daniel M. Smith, Sheriff
742 Commerce Street
Stuart, VA 24171
276-694-3161

Update:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-County-Sheriffs-Office/534970616565832
Patrick County Sheriff's Office:
NOVEMBER 19, 2014 - Sheriff Dan Smith has prepared the following press release about the missing Shelly Vessell Gravely:

Sheriff Dan Smith indicated on Wednesday that dozens on law enforcement officers from multiple local, state and federal agencies continued their foot search along Patrick County roadsides for missing person Shelly Gravely. More than 200 miles of roadside have been checked in two days. The search will continue on Thursday with more roadside searches and air searches. The sheriff asks for continued patience from the public as law enforcement personnel exhausts all possible resources in finding Gravely and bringing this ordeal to a closure. Information about the investigation will be released to the public when such release will not hinder investigative efforts. Smith emphasized that this is an isolated incident in which the general public is not at risk.

Daniel M. Smith, Sheriff
742 Commerce Street
Stuart, VA 24171
276-694-3161

The way they are wording this, it's as if LE knows something. Doesn't look like a good outcome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back