CA CA - Shawn Hale, 19, Apple Valley, 4 Nov 1994

LOOKING4SHAWN

Reaction score
Shawn Hales (NamUs MP 7546) Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/4/94.

I am the girlfriend of Shawns Brother Micah Hale. Both Shawns parents have died within the last 6 years. I do not know how to use this site. Please if someone knows possible places for me to search for Shawn or any leads, please contact me @chellev@manchadev.com

To chellev:

I came across Shawn's case a couple of months ago on another missing persons website. I am new at Websleuths. His case caught my attention (there were several reasons why it caught my attention) and I decided to try to look for him. Shawn is listed as a missing person on the following sites: charleyproject, namus.gov; porchlight international;doenetwork. These are just some of the sites that searchers use, and it can take years to locate someone. I cannot imagine the pain his family has gone through, wondering if he is OK or where he is or what he is doing. I do keep Shawn in my prayers. I am an optimist and I choose to believe that Shawn is alive until there is definite proof otherwise.

Shawn has been listed on other MP sites for years but has never had a WS thread until now. He disappeared from Apple Valley CA on Nov.4, 1994. He had an argument with his mother, stormed out of the house, and has not been seen since. There has been no contact with his family. Members of Shawn's family believe he is deceased.

Sandy blond hair, blue eyes, height 72 inches. His links are here:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hale_shawn.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4290dmca.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/

In 1994, Shawn got around by hitchhiking. He likes music and was a Grateful Dead fan. His name was submitted as a possible match to Grateful Doe, but his family believes he is too tall to be Grateful Doe.

hale_shawn.jpg

He does look like a good one for Grateful Doe and they were in California the month after he went missing. He's not on the rule out list. Was he ruled out beyond the height difference?

Hello! I just joined Webseluths in the hope of finding more info on Shawn Hale, my husband's half brother (by father)... Our family has had contact with Micah Hale, and we are hoping to connect with anyone who might know more about him..or what happened to him. I'd appreciate any help, or anyone to point me in some direction on any info on him. Thanks!

Hi Joyfulmommy, and Welcome to Websleuths.

Perhaps if you can provide us a bit more detail on the situation regarding Shawn, we might have some suggestions. For example, Shawn's last known whereabouts, date last seen, do you know if Shawn is alive, has he disappeared under unusual circumstances, etc.

The more information you can give us, the more we might be able to help or at least steer you in a direction.

Glad you are here and hopefully we can be of some assistance in helping you find Shawn.

Thank you... We honestly don't know a whole lot about the circumstances surrounding Shawn's disappearance. His father, Robert Hale later remarried, and had a bunch (15) more children (including my husband)...and none of them really ever knew Shawn. However, their father did go back and try to find him after he went missing...not sure of all the details. I will try to see what more I can find out... Thanks for your help.

Here is a link with more info... Maybe it might help some?

http://deepcreekhotsprings.net/dchs/forum/read.php?1,23938,24047#msg-24047
Maybe, but I cannot imagine how. Here's what I walked away with:
1. Shawn's mother went by the name of Sweet Pea. She was an old hippie, and reportedly one of the best, but she did not care to look for Shawn.
2. Shawn's father did come to look for Shawn. He brought his many children along and they possessed beautiful singing voices.
3. Shawn was once friends with someone who grew up to build skyscrapers.
4. Micah Hale is Shawn's older brother. He is a hard worker. He seems to have had intermittent contact with family or others who are looking for Shawn. Micah's girlfriend is searching for Shawn.
5. Some people called a local man by the name of Mike Castro a thief and a murderer. Shawn was supposed to take a boat trip with Mike Castro. Skyscraper builder and three others were also invited.
6. One or more persons were hung in Joshua Tree park.
Those are all just rumors of course. The only thing I know to be true, after visiting that website, is,punctuation matters!
I hope Shawn is alive somewhere. Normally I would think that unlikely, but it seems more probable in Shawn's case than in any other I've read about. IMO.

I would like to thank you so very much. I believe the man in this video is Shawn. I tried to contact the facebook page and number associated with this you tube video but received no response. So I contacted the Mexican Consulate. I am providing them with family pictures so when they approach him he may remember his family. The Mexican Consulate provided me better picture of this man. image004 (3).jpgimage004 (3).jpg
As you can see, he looks just like Shawn. They are going to find this man and finger print him next week. I will keep you informed.

Shawn has been listed on other MP sites for years but has never had a WS thread until now. He disappeared from Apple Valley CA on Nov.4, 1994. He had an argument with his mother, stormed out of the house, and has not been seen since. There has been no contact with his family. Members of Shawn's family believe he is deceased.

Sandy blond hair, blue eyes, height 72 inches. His links are here:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hale_shawn.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4290dmca.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/

In 1994, Shawn got around by hitchhiking. He likes music and was a Grateful Dead fan. His name was submitted as a possible match to Grateful Doe, but his family believes he is too tall to be Grateful Doe.

hale_shawn.jpg

Thank you Rainwater, for standing by me for so long. There may be hope after all. I will keep you informed. Good things are happening. I think we may have found him alive.

So the American Embassy provided me with more pictures. They say the man in the pictures said his name is Wallace and he does not remember where he is from. Here is a portion of what they said to me. "The man we located appears to be in his mid-thirties, about 6’2” or so, with blue eyes and blond hair. Based on the missing person poster, Shawn is in his early forties, is 6 feet, and has hazel eyes and brown hair. They seem to share some similar features, but the man we met seems to have a different nose than what we saw in Shawn’s photo. The shopkeepers who have been giving him some food (and who have seen him up-close more often) took a look at the poster we showed him, and they did not think it was him, even accounting for the years and living outside. We tried to speak to the man from the video, but he did not want to speak to me, and he walked away when I asked him his name. He only agreed to answer a few questions from one of our staffers when she bought him a coke. He said his name is “Wallace,” but he did not give any other information, and he said he did not remember where he was from."

Shawn-mexico.jpg Shawn-3.jpgShawn-2.jpg

Can someone tell me if my posts are getting seen? Everything I have posted has a red triangle, with a line from top to bottom through the center, in the bottom left coroner.

I can see your posts and the pictures. So you have been to Mexico and spoke with the homeless man...You were pretty sure it's Shawn it seemed. How do you feel now?

I can see your posts and the pictures. So you have been to Mexico and spoke with the homeless man...You were pretty sure it's Shawn it seemed. How do you feel now?

I feel frustrated and angry. I dont understand why the American Embassy would not take fingerprints. They admit he is mentally ill and does not know where he is from. They are the ones who found him after a week of searching. Shawn would be 42 almost 43. My contact at the American Embassy says the person in the pictures is 30. They said he told them is name is Wallace.
- Micah, Shawn's brother (the only one Shawn would recognize, has not been able to obtain a passport, he was born at home. I wanted to post the recent pictures, maybe it is not Shawn, maybe there is a 6'2 blue eyed blond hair, 30 year old missing named Wallace. Until I can get Micah to Mexico, I will continue to be haunted.

Thank you for replying so quickly MagnoliaMountain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back