GUILTY Students outline demands for bullied rape victims

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Oklahoman:

Norman High School students outline demands before planned walkout protest for bullied rape victims

Shortly after classes ended Thursday at Norman High School, sophomore Danielle Brown addressed the media to deliver a clear message to her school’s administration.

“On Monday, Nov. 24, at 9:20 a.m. we will walk out of school to protest the treatment by the Norman High administration of multiple known rape victims, who were physically threatened, harassed, and bullied out of our school,” Brown said in a quiet but steady voice as she read from a statement across the street from the school.
---
“They’re struggling. They’re having a really tough time,” Brown said of the three girls. “They want to come to school. They can’t.”
---
much more at link above

Good for these students. Why is it so hard for schools to understand and react properly to this kind of harassment?

Daily Kos article today:

Norman High School - What We Learned Since Steubenville

---
If I was the parent of a student at Norman High School, I'd be concerned about the rape culture at the school. There are three girls that we know of who were allegedly raped off school grounds and off hours, but by a student of Norman High School (now suspended for the rest of the year). I'm concerned that the three girls can't come back to their school because of bullying. Rather than be proactive in teaching "Don't Rape," a school administrator actively blamed one of the victims in front of her mother.
---
the rest at the link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow