GUILTY Australia - Newborn found in drain, Sydney, 23 Nov 2014

zwiebel

Reaction score
'Police are appealing for assistance in identifying a newborn baby boy who was found down a drain at Quakers Hill this morning.

About 7.30am today (Sunday 23 November 2014), cyclists riding along a bike track beside the M7 heard a baby crying from underneath a drain.

A group of passersby worked together to lift the top off the drain – which is about 2.5 metres deep – and saw a baby lying at the bottom.'

Police ask anyone who can identify the baby, or who has any information, to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://m.police.nsw.gov.au/news_med...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNDI1NzYuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

Attachments

• B3E7FQbCUAAz0pT.jpg
    B3E7FQbCUAAz0pT.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 232
How horrible, but lucky he was found! It's going to be very hot today, about 42 degrees!!

@ABCNews24

Police: We are confident we will locate the parents by the end of the day.#QuakersHill

1:26am*- 23 Nov 14

080244-c1fb2088-72a5-11e4-ad68-c33d50396880.jpg

Inside the drain you get a clearer indication of the 2.4m drop the child enduredafter being dumped beside the M7. Picture Cameron Richardson Source: News Corp Australia

080270-e14c273c-72a2-11e4-be8f-bede1d9ce397.jpg

Westlink M7 staff use a crane to put the cover back onto the drain after it was removed earlier to save the baby. Picture: Cameron Richardson Source: News Corp Australia

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...passing-cyclists/story-fnj3rq0y-1227132122376

Agggh, poor wee mite!!!! Don't you just want to give him a cuddle? :(

Good grief, how'd he survive the fall? Thank all that's good he wasn't badly injured and has been recovered alive.

I an mentally cuddling that sweet lil boy right now. What a gorgeous face.

I hope whoever dumped him is found and dealt with, quickly and to the full extent of the law. There's hospitals they could have left him at. Police stations, bus and train stations, a supermarket car park fer the love of Mike -- ANYwhere public and sheltered, near a medical facility, would have been better than that drain. Clearly, they were hoping he'd die and be washed out to sea. Attempted murder, is what that is.

.... and now I'm wondering if his mum is alright. If she wasn't the one to drop him down there... she might be in some danger, medical or physical, herself.

This makes me think of Keli Lane and how she might have disposed of her newborn.

What a little fighter! The baby could have been there for six days.

A NEWBORN baby may have been trapped in a storm water drain on the side of a Sydney motorway for up to five days before he was found by passing cyclists yesterday.

Police were last night questioning the boy’s 30-year-old-mother, who is expected to be charged with attempted murder.
They are still trying to determine exactly when the boy was dumped in the drain, but believe he may have been there since Tuesday.

David Otte was cycling on the shared path on the M7 with his 18-year-old daughter Hayley when they heard a strange noise coming from the drain at about 7.30am.
“We actually thought it was a kitten at first, but when we went down there we could hear exactly what it was, you could definitely tell it was a baby screaming,” Mr Otte said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...passing-cyclists/story-fnj3rq0y-1227132122376

....up to 5 days.......:fainted:

What a little battler. Bless him. :( So *many* dreadful things could've happened to him down there.

And good, re the charge - attempted murder is appropriate.

I hope he goes to a nice family who will adore him and appreciate him.

Thank God the drain had no water in it, we've had rain here and what about vermin & wild cats? The little one is so lucky.
A 2.5 metre drop down is unconscionable. He was squeezed though a small gap and it took 6 men to remove the concrete lid.
Oh to do that AND walk away.....
I'll go borrow a dog to pat, that'll settle me down.

I was in tears reading about this this morning. Why not leave him in a church or shopping centre or anywhere sheltered?! It's clear they wanted him to die and not be found.

I'm so unbelievably angry. To think of this little guy down there alone, hungry, thirsty and distressed for so long. I live nearby and it has been so hot here lately as well.

It's so lucky he was found and that he was still making noise/crying after that long. I hope he makes a full recovery.

:( Having had a baby boy not long ago I can't stop thinking about this. I'm glad the parents are being charged with what they are.

This makes me think of Keli Lane and how she might have disposed of her newborn.

That crossed my mind, too! All she'd have needed is one hard rain...

My kitties and puppy and DD all got loved on a bit extra today. They often do, after I read some of the more inhuman things that happen in the world, here. TGY, I'd lend you my puppy, if I could. She's awesome for pats. Hugs to you, nat, and your little boy.

I am now hoping like HECK the mother's put away for hefty time and mental help. Instead of, you know, getting 36 hours community work and having her baby handed back to her by DOCS because "its best to keep a family together." :facepalm: If anything of the sort happens, I swear I will riot. :scared:

As a result of hospital record checks and doorknocks, the mother has been identified as a 30-year-old Quakers Hill woman.

Newborn baby rescued after being found down drain by Sydney ...
www.theaustralian.com.au/news/.../story-e6frg6nf-1227132052571
8 hours ago - ... this morning on a bike track off the M7 Motorway in Quakers Hill. ... “Police are also following up CCTV cameras located on the cycle track.”.

Mr Legats said he had grave fears for the child’s wellbeing but it seems he suffered no physical injuries and is malnourished.

The baby boy was likely born in a hospital and had “some medical intervention”, including a cut umbilical cord, according to Inspector Lagats.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-sydney-cyclists/story-e6frg6nf-1227132052571

I thought this was going to turn out to be a very young teen mother!

I hope there are charges in this case. And that baby finds a loving family. I've got a relative being sat upon at this time, to physically prevent them getting in their car and driving to Sydney to get that beautiful baby...and I'm getting blamed for telling them about the story. :(

The mother has been charged with attempted murder and says she dumped the baby on Tuesday, the day after he was born. He is now under FaCS.

I wonder if she suspected something was 'wrong' with him. Poor little poppet. Why would you do that to a baby??

Little miracle survives five days dumped in a stormwater drain: Police charge mother, 30, with attempted murder

A MOTHER accused of abandoning her newborn baby boy in a Western Sydney drain has been charged with attempted murder.
After being born on Monday, November 17, police said the baby was put in the drain the next day — meaning he spent five days in the 2.4m-deep pit.

Inspector David Lagats said it was unlikely the boy would have survived in the drain yesterday, as temperatures in the area topped 40C.
“He was already malnourished and dehydration would have taken effect so I would have had grave fears for the child’s welfare had he been exposed to this weather for the rest of the day,” Insp Lagats said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/lit...attempted-murder/story-fncynjr2-1227132499514

That poor little baby. Five days! A newborn isn't even supposed to go more than 3 hours without being fed.

I also want to know why she dumped him.

Is there a father in the picture? I wonder who (if anyone) the man seen walking the street was?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back