Australia Australia - Gerard Ross, 11, Rockingham, WA, 14 Oct 1997

Oddsocks

Reaction score
Gerrard, 11, vanished two weeks ago as he walked to buy a comic in the sleepy seaside town of Rockingham near Perth in Western Australia.

Sources last night revealed that the youngster had been strangled and that police found a ligature around the boy's neck at the murder scene.

The discovery was made by Aussie horse trainer Mick Miller, who stumbled upon Gerrard's corpse in dense pine forest 10 miles from where the youngster disappeared.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Missing+Gerrard+found+strangled.-a061060415

Reports from the time say the brothers had been playing noisily in the house so their 35-year-old mother Cyrese - who was then pregnant with twins - sent them down Kent Street to the shops in Churchill Park.
The pair set off together about 9.30am and 13-year-old Malcolm sped ahead, along the foreshore, on his rollerblades.
When Gerard, who was on foot, didn't arrive at the store Malcolm returned home and alerted his parents. Gerard had been grabbed within 800m of their holiday home.

http://www.news.com.au/national/no-...r-of-gerard-ross/story-fncynjr2-1226730066395

Oops this should probably be in cold cases sorry.

I wonder if Brett Peter Cowan was one of the three suspects. Also you would think it would be easy to find a house in the Rockampton area where a murder had previously occurred according to the news link. It isn't. I can't find anything.

Someone on the Claremont thread brought this case to my attention, and I too thought immediately of Cowan. It was mentioned that Gerard's injuries were absolutely horrific.

Sad fact is, though, there's a ton of violent pedos, a lot of repeat offenders, in this country, walking around when by all common sense they shouldn't be. What a pity this didn't get the same national attention Daniel's case got...

No one has been charged. There's been no inquest. And police aren't saying whether the cold case will be reviewed.

His grief-stricken family - who lived in Newman in the Pilbara region at the time, where father Stuart worked in the mining industry - don't even have a death certificate.

-- this is just disgusting. His poor family.

Had to be an experienced and bold pedo, to snatch an 11-yo kid right off the street like that. I have little doubt it was a violent, unplanned abduction, a crime of sheer opportunity. Though reports state there was no evidence of sexual activity:

..the cause of death was so horrific that it was kept from most of the taskforce. Gerard's parents were deliberately kept in the dark.

http://www.news.com.au/national/no-...r-of-gerard-ross/story-fncynjr2-1226730066395

Does this seem a bit strange? Reports also clearly say he was "strangled", and was found with the ligature around his neck. That's terrible enough -- but hardly anything so awful that a homicide taskforce might need to be shielded from it!!! I am thinking there might have been extensive mutilation, which would indeed cause that level of distress to officers.

Why I say "pedo" is, sometimes violent killers get their sexual release from the sadistic things they do to a victim, some of them can't even have a normal sexual response and can only experience pleasure through mutilation or torture. This doesn't mean that Gerard's attacker was not a pedo. There's plenty of documented sexual sadists who've killed, but not raped, using their knives or whatever as defacto penises. Gerard's killer was for sure a pedo -- just a particularly sick kind of pedo.

And people that sick are, fortunately, not as common as garden variety pedos. They're more likely to have done things that people take notice of, though... there is usually things in their past that have disturbed the people around them. Sexual sadists, like regular pedos, can be very good at hiding their sexual preference - but they have more trouble hiding their sadism altogether.

This man will very likely have a laundry list of cruelties against animals and other kids in his younger years. If he's anything like the many sadistic child killers I've looked at, he may have a parent that he describes as "overbearing" (I actually have a theory that some of these "overbearing" parents are overbearing *because* they know or suspect what their child is, but don't want to admit it, so rather than seeking help they become overly watchful and controlling). It's likely he was an 'outsider' at school, and perhaps was bullied for being "odd". He may have several sexual fetishes, which don't necessarily have to reflect his interest in young boys, but they will be strange and obsessive. He will find it hard to maintain a normal relationship. If he's one of the few who can maintain a partner, his sex life will not be what anyone could call "normal".

^ I base this on a general picture of the many sadistic killers/mutilators I've researched. All these things are pretty common among that type of person.

Someone knows this man, and likely has seen hints of how sick he really is. I am shocked at how little attention this case had gotten..

Here's MAKO's list of known sexual offenders in WA: http://www.mako.org.au/temp_wa.html

Gerard's killer may well be on that list -- people like this never stop at just ONE attack.

Thanks for the link to the article I quoted here. It has a lot of details about the investigation. Interesting, about the dog hairs. And also, the several persons of interest, particularly the guy from the 'murder house'.

Also you would think it would be easy to find a house in the Rockampton area where a murder had previously occurred according to the news link. It isn't. I can't find anything.

I'm happy to spend some time looking for pre-1997 Rockingham crimes, where the body was found outside the house.

Hi ausgirl I just noticed that you commented a month ago :/
Did you end up finding anything about the house? Another clue is the model aeroplanes. Maybe this local man is a member of a hobby club?

This is the first I've heard of this very sad murder. If dog hair was found on Gerard's body then surely the police could find out what kind of dog it was, say an unwashed hunting dog or a well kept Maltese. The dog hair may well tell what who the murder is.
Gerard's wounds were so severe it makes me wonder if the dog was set onto him.

If Gerard's brother was rollerblading then maybe the brother nearly upended someone on the footpath so they took their grievances it out on Gerard as he passed.

Mr & Mrs Ross should be contacting the Morcombs for their advice, I believe they are very approachable in these matters. It's because of the Morcombes unrelenting search the police were pushed into finding where Daniel was.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 194
Thanks for the map tgy.
I wonder if the police can even use the dog hair because the evidence was contaminated, or was it just the DNA evidence.

Thanks for the map tgy.
I wonder if the police can even use the dog hair because the evidence was contaminated, or was it just the DNA evidence.

I thought the dog hair might tell the police what breed the dog was and if it was a well looked after inside dog or a flee ridden farm type.

The first article said Gerard's 13 year old brother was rollerblading and went ahead but in this article below it says 11 year old Gerard was rollerblading as well.
I thought maybe the dog attacked Gerard as he went past the murders gate....
http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/GerardRoss.htm

No I've never heard he was rollerblading.
I really think this man who had blood on his wall and in his car had something to do with it. That is just too sus. The articles say they couldn't get DNA from the wall due to cleaning products used, but they don't mention if the blood in the car was tested.
I wonder if they're absolutely certain that it's dog hair. Could it be from a horse perhaps. I suppose they're sure it's from a dog...

Some one who knew the family wrote an article in 2011

https://politicsandcraft.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/the-worst-kind-of-crime-kidnapped-children/

"Gerard is another child that was taken by a pedophile. In this respect his kidnap and death mirrors that of Daniel Morcombe but it happened several years earlier. There is so much similarity that I find it rather eerie to see a picture of Daniel Morcombe at age 13 because he looks very similar in build to Gerard Ross. There are other similarities since Daniel was also taken by a pedophile, and one of the persons of interest in the Morcombe case was also a person of interest in the Ross case."

Who was this person of interest?

Gerard references with Cowan in google searches. I'll take a look in the morning because I think this area was Cowan's stamping ground and raised close by. I'll see if Cowan Inc. was in WA at that time.

Horsehair! Didn't a horse trainer find him?

What a sad case this is.

Some one who knew the family wrote an article in 2011

https://politicsandcraft.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/the-worst-kind-of-crime-kidnapped-children/

"Gerard is another child that was taken by a pedophile. In this respect his kidnap and death mirrors that of Daniel Morcombe but it happened several years earlier. There is so much similarity that I find it rather eerie to see a picture of Daniel Morcombe at age 13 because he looks very similar in build to Gerard Ross. There are other similarities since Daniel was also taken by a pedophile, and one of the persons of interest in the Morcombe case was also a person of interest in the Ross case."

Who was this person of interest?

Good find Tracecomp!
This is why the Ross' should contact the Morcombes'. They're very cluey hands on people and they would have compassion, answers and good advice.
The Morcombes have contacted many grief stricken families. They care.

Ok I am officially freaked out. I have done some sleuthing on a "person/Pedo" who was recently charged with sexual abuse of numerous boys - some as young as 11 years old in the 1990's. I tracked him working in 1996 to about 50 minutes drive away from Rockingham, but have read an article that he was also working in Rockingham (not sure what date that started, but also his current home address in in Rockingham also - fairly close (3 min drive?) to Kent Street when Gerard Ross went missing. I cannot seem to find when his Rockingham house was purchased/ how long he has lived there.

Anyone in real-estate Australia that can look up purchase/sold date of a house in WA?

I am unsure of the rules - can I link to his name and numerous newspaper articles with the above suspicions without getting in trouble/moderated? He has been found guilty of sexually assaulting boys and is awaiting sentencing, but my suspicions that Gerard Ross may also be his victim is only that - a suspicion.

I think if he's a convicted pedo already, it'd be fine, that sort of post is made quite often here.

I'm very interested in who this suspect is!

Ok - Here is the Guilty verdict of the POI http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-13/counsellor-guilty-of-assaulting-boys-in-his-care/6093516

They fear he has molested so many boys in different states that they have set up a special national hotline for any of his victims to call. Here is a history of his academic lies and molestation of boys http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/allan-keith-huggins-had-a-dodgy-cv-and-child-sex-conviction-but-how-did-he-get-away-with-it-for-so-long/story-fnhocxo3-1227219865761

"In 1996, Huggins set up the MensOwn Counselling Clinic out of a rented space at Hollywood Hospital, and over the next few years he set up a similar clinic in the Philippines". I estimate the Holywood Hospital is approx 50 min drive to Rockingham?

He also ran a counselling practice out of Rockingham and lives there as well - very close to where Gerard went missing in Kent St near Churchill Park end(according to white pages), but it looks like a newer set of luxury looking town houses so I dont know how long he has been at that address.- http://www.coastlive.com.au/news/coast-news/entry/news/twenty-boys-allegedly-abused-by-rockingham-counsellor-allan-keith-huggins

So he is possibly a POI as:
1. He is now a known convicted child sex offender who has been offending from the early 1990's at least (possibly from the 1970's).
2. He was working in the area from 1996.
3. He was possibly also living in the area at the time.

There are numerous links to this depraved persons crimes and lies, and it is amazing that he was believed and promoted based on those lies by our own government.:tantrum:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back