Is it possible to block certain forums from showing up when clicking on New Posts?

sweetcaro

Reaction score
Just wondering as I just did new posts, and have 11 pages after a day or two of not visiting. I am not interested in the games forum for example, it is possible to block that so it does not show up in my new posts list? I don't think so, but on the off chance we can wanted to check. :)

Copy this link and save it before you click it. This section of the following link - "getdaily&exclude=44" sets the search to get today's posts but exclude forum 44 which is games. You can add others, separate by comma. The url you see after you click it is the results only & expires after a time. And this only works with browsers, not TapaTalk.

Today's posts (last 24 hours):http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=44&contenttype=vBForum_Post

New posts (since last login): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=44

Do note this link to save permanantly before you click it is not the same temporary link you see after you click it.

Thank you KateB! I have been wanting this for so long!

Copy this link and save it before you click it. This section of the following link - "getdaily&exclude=44" sets the search to get today's posts but exclude forum 44 which is games. You can add others, separate by comma. The url you see after you click it is the results only & expires after a time. And this only works with browsers, not TapaTalk.

Today's posts (last 24 hours):http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=44&contenttype=vBForum_Post

New posts (since last login): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=44

Do note this link to save permanantly before you click it is not the same temporary link you see after you click it.

Pis there a way to bookmark these links? They change when executed. TIA!

Right click on link, select "Save link as..." and the link will be saved in your downloads. Then I made a desktop shortcut to it. Works for me!

I so appreciate getting the new posts without the games posts! Nice Christmas gift!!! Thanks!

You can fine tune New Posts with commas to remove several topics:
&exclude=5,10,15,20

or to be really selective, use:
&include=7,14,28,36

This I think is unnecessarily complicated.

This I think is unnecessarily complicated.

It is. You should see what one has to do to get table tags to function as expected since the upgrade.
Tables are so helpful in a case like Brittney Wood's with 12 individuals arrested for sex abuse crimes in her family.
This used to be a simple copy & paste from any spreadsheet. Now it's a copy/paste, copy WS code back to notepad, edit TD rows, copy back to WS.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Mobile-31-May-2012-13&p=11290458#post11290458

It is. You should see what one has to do to get table tags to function as expected since the upgrade.
Tables are so helpful in a case like Brittney Wood's with 12 individuals arrested for sex abuse crimes in her family.
This used to be a simple copy & paste from any spreadsheet. Now it's a copy/paste, copy WS code back to notepad, edit TD rows, copy back to WS.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Mobile-31-May-2012-13&p=11290458#post11290458

Were you able to use HTML tags before for your tables or was it with BB Code?

Were you able to use HTML tags before for your tables or was it with BB Code?

I'm not sure. Before July, I could use the WS editor icon for table in advanced mode. It popped up a entry box for a table name first, then allowed the data from a spreadsheet to be pasted. It just worked, that's all I can remember.
After July, all tables were broken and appeared like this: No code has to be inserted here.
Here's a pre-upgrade broken post of this table with outdated data: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10069055#post10069055

Any which way I try with the WS editor table tools have been unsuccessful. They act like they're working until you preview and then I see the No code has to be entered here error. But accidently, by copying NamUs entries, I learned that something in that code I grabbed, WS editor likes, as a simple copy/paste. But I can't get that code to originate in the WS editor.

For example:
StatusMissing
First nameSharon
Middle nameA.
Last nameRoss
Nickname/Alias
Date last seenOctober 14, 2013 00:00
Date entered12/05/2013

So I studied this & hard coded my table.

HTH.

A very very very belated thank you. I forgot to check back in... !!!

Kate, Can you post a screenshot of the editor you are seeing?

I'm not sure exactly what will help you, but here's one capture.
Capture1.jpg
That is in quick reply mode. Copied cells from Excel, pasted into WS.
Then I click Go Advanced. and it looks like this now on the preview:
Capture2.PNG

I copy that html code to notepad, do a search & replace changing TD to TD TD="class: view_field" (get rid of the fixed width thingy, too.)
repaste it back to WS Editor, it looks like this.
Capture3.jpg

Is that what you were looking for?

Keep in mind there is a source code editor and a wysisyg editor, this switch is made by clicking the very first button of the first row in the editor. One f your images shows the actual table because it is in wysiwyg mode. The other shows the code because it is in source mode.

OK, here's that last preview capture flipped to source code. This is after I changed each [TD] created by the WS editor to [TD'"class: view_field"]
Capture4.PNG

I will have to run some tests to try to replicate your issue.

Just to make certain I understand, it is not an issue of the editor creating tables properly but an issue during a copy/paste from excel/open office.

I will not be able to get to this tonight but possibly tomorrow.

I will have to run some tests to try to replicate your issue.

Just to make certain I understand, it is not an issue of the editor creating tables properly but an issue during a copy/paste from excel/open office.

I will not be able to get to this tonight but possibly tomorrow.

Yes and no.
k. This is what I get when I try to originate in WS. I start with an empty white box. Paste the raw data, lets say its in notepad.
It looks like this. lets work with just the first 2 columns...
pasting it twice.
paste 1
Holland uncle
Kent uncle
Wood uncle
Wood brother
Holland cousin
Brownlee friend
Holland aunt
Wood mother
Morgan friend
Cumbaa friend
Kent aunt
Moore friend

paste 2, same exact 2 column data
I highlighted and clicked the Table icon, (last icon, last row) got a popup asking to name the table.
Holland uncle
Kent uncle
Wood uncle
Wood brother
Holland cousin
Brownlee friend
Holland aunt
Wood mother
Morgan friend
Cumbaa friend
Kent aunt
Moore friend

Then I clicked Preview and it shows the No Code has to be entered here error.
If I click to the source code view, I see the table html but it doesn't work.

It may be something really obvious I am missing.
It's not a pushing issue, and once I get the modified code back into WS, it's easy to update & modify the data in the WYSWIG mode, but its a bear getting it to there to make the additions for the latest updates to missing Brittney's case.
4 defendants in Baldwin county come up for sentencing one week from today.
Thanks!

I can confirm that I was able to replicate this issue. I did attempt a fix which was not successful.

I will continue my research on this, you are not forgotten.

Dave

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903