OK - "God told me to pick up these diamonds" -- woman rolling in the roadway

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Oklahoma City Police: Woman Collecting Rocks Arrested for Assaulting Hospital Staff ..(Daily Oklahoman)

---
When officers arrived, they found Brittany Thompson, 26, lying on the roadway, rolling around on her back. When Thompson saw the officers, she jumped up and asked them for a ride to Walmart.

Officers asked her why she was on the ground and she showed them a handful of rocks saying "God told me to pick up these diamonds."
---
When a hospital staff member reached into Thompson's pocket, they were stuck with a needle, according to police. A second staff member went to cut off Thompson's pants to safely get to the needle, but was also stuck in the hand, authorities say.
---
the rest of the tale at the link above, with picture

I lived about right there in the mid-1980's!

Sad, but appears this arrest could be what saves her life. Horrible it is at the risk of our healthcare workers and my heart goes out to them having to spend months living in fear of what those needle sticks could bring.

I have to wonder why they would trust the word of this woman in the shape she was in about what she had on her? I would think extreme caution should have been used and her clothes cut off without touching them or her. Maybe their procedures need to be re-evaluated. Not blaming them for what happened, but could it have been prevented in some way?

Oddly enough...I commented on the roadway we were driving on in NW OKC about sunset because it gave off the appearance there was glitter mixed into the surface. It glistened so bright the way the sun was hitting it. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back