DC DC - Benjamin Washington, 29, Washington DC, 18 Dec 2004

honey6590

Reaction score
My brother Benjamin Washington, jr. a Washington DC resident for the past several years of his life. Father of 6 children ages range from 4 to 12 years old, lovable uncle, and son. The night he was murdered he had planned to get married on January 2nd 2005. My brother was murdered from gunshots to his upper body. His body was found on 5306 Woodacres Drive, Suitland Maryland on December 18, 2004. It has been six months still no motive or witness that can tell what happened to him. It has been a rough time for our family to cope with the loss of someone that impact the lives of everyone he touched. My brother was a giving man, he never portrayed himself as selfish. It is hard to hear people say good things about my brother,but these same people refuse to help the police solve his murder. My brother was last seen on 48th street NE, Washington DC on his way home to see our mother when his life was taken from him. We believe he was abducted from this area, carried to Suitland maryland and dumped. He may have known his killers.
Another scenario that he may have been killed in the surrounding area of 48th street NE or inside of the vehicle he was transported in.
absuolutely no one wishes to speak with the police about what they may have saw or heard. I know people are afraid, have a some run end with the police or it is just not their business to get involved, but how long can we go on like this pretending it never happened?

i never thought i would have to deal with a murder in my own family, but now it has thrown me into the spotlight to fight for victims right to be heard. The police are up in arms with increasing murders that happens every 48-72 hours
in DC or PG that pushed my brother's case further to back of the line to get solved. I keep hearing "not enough manpower, or cooperation from witnesses or other jurisdictions).

I want justice for my brother, ,but what could you do when no one will listen!
if anyone have any information regarding his death. Please come forward to talk about it or you could contact Prince George's County Police Department at (301) 772-4925 or crimes solvers 1-866-411-tips. You do not have to give your name, just the information. Please help a family bring closure to their lives.

My Brother's Day

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. He sounds like a wonderful man, and I can tell you loved him very much.

roses.bmp

thank you, the last time i saw him is when i came to visit our mother a week before he passed away. he likes to teased me with nicknames he had for all of us. i did not get to say anything to my brother. i never got to say goodbye to him. the police saw him before we did, and what was left for us was his still body draped in a tan suit for burial. it was horrible for us, and continues each day. if i could get back that day and every day before then. i would have been close to him like a big sister should. he wanted so much to please me, and i took for granted his support to show me he is a dedicated father and good friend, but he knows one thing about me that i will never give up to bring him justice. each day i fight for him. because i really do love him very much.

There is also another unsolved homicide in Suitland - a case that has been open for over a year. It involved the murder of two women (grandmothers) who ran a small flower shop off Suitland Road. They were both shot in the shop. Another case of senseless violence.

I'm sorry about your brother. I'm also sorry that none of his so-called "friends" will help in the investigation. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.

Hi

It was a very good idea to ask for help from Websleuths. There are lots of members who no doubt are in the "know" so to speak. I'm not one, but they are here.
I too, am very sorry. I bet he's very happy and touched that his sister is telling the world about him.:blowkiss:

Right, i remembered that case. the detective still do not have a lead to go on but some article graffiti writing on the clothing of the killer. it is always the case when no one seen or heard anything. Right now i am targeting the persons of interest regarding my brother's death. This person raymond travers was the last person that seen my brother alive, and he may have orchestrated, or committed the murder himself. i am mentioning this person by name because of witness accounts. When questioned by the detectives, raymond claimed to not know or have any aquaintance with my brother, but why was your number in his cell phone address book?
my brother's cell phone address book was well organized with a list names of everyone he came in contact. if your name is listed in his phone book, you are more than just a stranger on the street. You are a friend with a conncection to him in some way.
Would you place a name of a person in your book if it was just a hi greeting frequently?

Raymond denied knowing my brother until he was confronted with his name being in my brother's cell phone address book, he recanted his denial, but, denied ever having any dealings with him at all.
I am very suspicious of his recants. the word on the street is that raymond and my brother was quite close, but my brother later hung out with a raymond's relative cousin that came from out of nowhere within a month of his death witnesses' accounted saying. no one seems to know him but first name Chris, Ron or Ronald, last name could be Jones. I am very baffle about this
if you would like i could tell you details about the conversation i had with the dc detective handling the shaquita bell's case. the detective stated that her case is open record, and of course he has been so certain that michael dickerson did it, but without a body and the witnesses' statement before the grand jury this case is cold.

My Brother's Day :(:(
:( :( :( :( My brother Benjamin Washington, jr. a Washington DC resident for the past several years of his life. Father of 6 children ages range from 4 to 12 years old, lovable uncle, and son. The night he was murdered he had planned to get married on January 2nd 2005. My brother was murdered from gunshots to his upper body. His body was found on 5306 Woodacres Drive, Suitland Maryland on December 18, 2004. It has been six months still no motive or witness that can tell what happened to him. It has been a rough time for our family to cope with the loss of someone that impact the lives of everyone he touched. My brother was a giving man, he never portrayed himself as selfish. It is hard to hear people say good things about my brother,but these same people refuse to help the police solve his murder. My brother was last seen on 48th street NE, Washington DC on his way home to see our mother when his life was taken from him. We believe he was abducted from this area, carried to Suitland maryland and dumped. He may have known his killers.
Another scenario that he may have been killed in the surrounding area of 48th street NE or inside of the vehicle he was transported in.
absuolutely no one wishes to speak with the police about what they may have saw or heard. I know people are afraid, have a some run end with the police or it is just not their business to get involved, but how long can we go on like this pretending it never happened?

i never thought i would have to deal with a murder in my own family, but now it has thrown me into the spotlight to fight for victims right to be heard. The police are up in arms with increasing murders that happens every 48-72 hours
in DC or PG that pushed my brother's case further to back of the line to get solved. I keep hearing "not enough manpower, or cooperation from witnesses or other jurisdictions).

if anyone have any information regarding his death. Please come forward to talk about it or you could contact Prince George's County Police Department at (301) 772-4925 or crimes solvers 1-866-411-tips. You do not have to give your name, just the information. Please help a family bring closure to their lives.

My Brother's Day

Correction: We will always think of you in our hearts each day. You now have your angel wings.

Benjamin Washington Jr., My Brother's Day

My Brother's Day :(:(
:( :( :( :( My brother Benjamin Washington, jr. a Washington DC resident for the past several years of his life. Father of 6 children ages range from 4 to 12 years old, lovable uncle, and son. The night he was murdered he had planned to get married on January 2nd 2005. My brother was murdered from gunshots to his upper body. His body was found on 5306 Woodacres Drive, Suitland Maryland on December 18, 2004. It has been six months still no motive or witness that can tell what happened to him. It has been a rough time for our family to cope with the loss of someone that impact the lives of everyone he touched. My brother was a giving man, he never portrayed himself as selfish. It is hard to hear people say good things about my brother,but these same people refuse to help the police solve his murder. My brother was last seen on 48th street NE, Washington DC on his way home to see our mother when his life was taken from him. We believe he was abducted from this area, carried to Suitland maryland and dumped. He may have known his killers.

My Brother's Day

I pray you will get justice for your brother.

God bless you and all your family circle esp. the children that have lost a loving father.

I want you know that I think your story is so touching and sad---I know how it feels to lose a sibling to murder and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope your brother's killer is found and brought to justice. I think you are doing the right thing by taking an active role. God bless you and your family.

December 18 will mark the one year anniversary of the murder of this man who was a father of six young children.

http://www.stmarystoday.com/latest_pg_murder_victim_identifi.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15166-2004Dec20_2.html

hmm not much info. Need to know things about him such as: Had he always lived there or was he in another state earlier in his life? If in another state, which one? And any troubles that might have followed him from there? Was he active in sports, track etc in school? How big was he? Height and weight. Did he look happy or stern most of the time. Was he rich, poor, or middle class? What sort of neighborhood was he in when he was killed? Did he have any vices that might place him in contact with dangerous people? Was he killed for what he was wearing, or money, jewelry, location, fued? He was about to get married soon? hmmm anyone jealous and dangerous and who wanted the same girl? Did he owe anyone lots of money? What was his normal day like?

it has been awhile since i last check this site for message. Benjamin Washingotn Jr. was born in Washington DC, but throughout his years of his life, he moved back in forth from DC and MD. Our childhood home family home has remained the same for over 15 years now. A place we could always come back home to whenever the need. my brother was 6'-2 normal built. Assumingly he was 200lbs or less. When he was gowing up, he was active playing football, and basketball. He enjoy keeping up with the latest news from CNN, and the congressional floor of the Capitol. Though our family was not rich, but my mother struggled to put food on the table, and clothing on our back. She strived working three jobs to ensure our future, and to purchased a new home in a safe neighborhood. We lived in poverty neighborhood, but we never fit in with the other child born and raised in the ghetto. My mother bought us up to be respectful, and take responsibilities for own actions and mistake. With this upbringing, my borther tend to wandered off in dangerous territories such as selling drugs on the strip corners. He thought that he could make a quick buck to survive instead of keeping a real job. There are so many motives that could have happened to my brother. I intereviewed just about everyone that knew or came in contact with my brother. Funny, he did not have any enimies. He was too kind for that, though his last location that very night was between the hours of 8:30p-10pm on December 17 2005 on the corner of 48th place and Sherrif Road NE, Dave Brown's Liquour. he was talking on the phone to his fiancee. they had plans to attend a movie that night. Instead he was waiting for a ride i was told. my brother and his fiancee has a child together. during their four year relationship, they to tie the knot on January 2, 2005. His fiancee was not a suspected person that involved or surrounded herself around my brother's friends or arch nemesis. She was a very creative and decent person. She pleaded to my brother to leave the streets alone. The questions you are asked such as; jewelery. My brother did not like to wear jewelery, but the questions you asked could be a possibility. If you can email me at renes969@hotmail.com. I be glad to talk further with you about my brother. i can not settle for what the investigators are suggesting that the only way a crime can be solved would be to wait it out for a criminal to make a deal by giving information on a case unsolved. That is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
docwho3 said:
http://www.stmarystoday.com/latest_pg_murder_victim_identifi.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15166-2004Dec20_2.html

hmm not much info. Need to know things about him such as: Had he always lived there or was he in another state earlier in his life? If in another state, which one? And any troubles that might have followed him from there? Was he active in sports, track etc in school? How big was he? Height and weight. Did he look happy or stern most of the time. Was he rich, poor, or middle class? What sort of neighborhood was he in when he was killed? Did he have any vices that might place him in contact with dangerous people? Was he killed for what he was wearing, or money, jewelry, location, fued? He was about to get married soon? hmmm anyone jealous and dangerous and who wanted the same girl? Did he owe anyone lots of money? What was his normal day like?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back