FL FL - Sherry Young, 13, Orlando, 1 June 1984

Fuuro

spicy user
Reaction score
Hello fellow sleuthers.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/young_sherry.html

Here's another depressing "few details are available" case. This young woman also has no pictures available of her that look like they were taken anywhere near the time she disappeared. Sherry Lynn Young went missing from Orlando, FL (my state) on Jun. 1, 1984. Strangely enough, she was at or around a bar at the time of her disappearance. That's so weird. If she's only 13, why would she be at a bar? Also, something about Sherry makes me scream "Christopher Wilder victim" but Wilder was dead for about 6 weeks when Sherry disappeared. There was another girl named Colleen Orsborn around Sherry's age and in the same ballpark of her height and weight, being slightly smaller, who went missing from Daytona Beach and was located deceased a couple weeks later (she wasn't identified for a very long time, however) and people think that Wilder was involved. I think there's a chance, however, that Wilder wasn't involved in some of the disappearances of young ladies in the 1980s from FL and that there may have been another person involved who was involved in Sherry's disappearance and Colleen's homicide. I really don't have any idea if foul play was involved in her disappearance since there are so few details available about her case, but if it was, I think that there might be a connection between Sherry and Colleen. Colleen's body was also found in Orlando, which is where Sherry disappeared. Getting away from the topic of foul play, maybe Sherry was a runaway or there are other factors that played into her disappearance? But sadly, since there is so little information in this case and it seems like it's been cold for 30 years, I have no idea what happened to this young girl, who is now 44 years old, if she's still with us.

I've trawled through Google hoping to find old newspaper articles or something that would elaborate on this puzzling case, but no luck.

Bumping....

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3137/

Why is the only picture available from when she was MUCH younger?
I guess it's better than no picture. Sigh.
Hope someone can find one from when she was 13 year old.

Oh my. Those are some of the saddest eyes I have seen. I don’t think you have to look far from her home for answers.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

It’s odd that she wasn’t reported missing sooner. Usually, that gives me the feeling someone she knew or was related too was involved but I have absolutely no idea. I wish we could know who reported her missing and why there was such a time gap.

I track Sherry's case in NamUs - her profile was modified on Friday 9/4 - No new pictures were added and not sure if any of these rule outs are new or not. I submitted her a few months back as possibly being this UID in TN but never heard anything back. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (she isn't on this rule out list)

upload_2020-9-8_14-52-19.png

I'm not convinced she was "at the bar" so to speak. That may have been the closest address to where she was last seen. Looking at the map, there is:
a lot of green areas that she could have been playing in, including the woods around the Econlockhatchee River
a Baptist church a block behind the bar that she could have been a member of and been visiting
3 mobile home parks, and an RV park across the street, she could have lived in

I wish we knew more, including where they searched, if they did at all. It really sounds like abuse and she fell off the grid. Who reported her missing so many years later?

At least this shows her DOB. It is not listed in NamUS which is unusual I think. I can see it in Charley Project and Doe Network.

Sherry Lynn Young
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: June 1, 1984
Missing From: Orlando, Orange County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 26, 1970
Height and Weight: 5’5″ and 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian Female, Brown hair, Brown eyes
NCMEC Number: 1163154
Details of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen in Orlando, Florida on June 1st 1984. She was last seen in the area of the White Horse Bar on East Colonial Drive. She has never been seen or heard from since. Sherry wasn’t reported missing when she initially went missing. She was reported missing 9 years later on July 27th 1993.

I'm not convinced she was "at the bar" so to speak. That may have been the closest address to where she was last seen. Looking at the map, there is:
a lot of green areas that she could have been playing in, including the woods around the Econlockhatchee River
a Baptist church a block behind the bar that she could have been a member of and been visiting
3 mobile home parks, and an RV park across the street, she could have lived in

I wish we knew more, including where they searched, if they did at all. It really sounds like abuse and she fell off the grid. Who reported her missing so many years later?

I agree with you. I wish we knew more about her disappearance too! I wish they had a picture of her when she disappeared.

Sherry is my aunt. No she wasn't abused and no it's not somewhere close to home. Her sad eyes are just they way they look. I have the same . She is still missing. Not a lead on her whereabouts whatsoever. Would love to find her so her mother will be able to have closure before she passes.

Thanks for posting on your Aunt's thread. Do you know anything else about her disappearance? I hope she is found too. Your family deserves answers.

Sherry is my aunt. No she wasn't abused and no it's not somewhere close to home. Her sad eyes are just they way they look. I have the same . She is still missing. Not a lead on her whereabouts whatsoever. Would love to find her so her mother will be able to have closure before she passes.
Welcome to Websleuths! We would love your help and hopefully find peace for you and your family. Below are a couple threads that you can review. If you can become a verified insider (VI) on your aunts case, you will be able to provide information without a main stream media (MSM) link. Otherwise, you must follow the rules or terms of service (TOS).

Verified Professional and Insider Members

The Rules

Hello! Welcome to Websleuths Heatherannkleaving@gmail!!! I hope you and your family find Sherry and gain peace and closure! We will help you with anything you need in regards to her case!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back