Sympathy for the Lyon Family

Reaction score
This thread was especially set up to GENUINELY VALIDATE
and SHARE OUR TRUE FEELINGS of DEEP RESPECT for
HOW The LYON FAMILY MAY BE FEELING
and HOW THEY MAY BE DOING at the PRESENT moment,
in view of what may be happening in the case at any particular point in time.

I've been thinking lately about how it may feel
to the Lyon family, who, especially when YEARS went by,
and they decided to put up the memorial stone of them--
JUST HOW they may be feeling NOW that they have made themselves
move ahead with life--to finally perhaps have an ANSWER to WHAT HAPPENED.

I'm sure most of you would agree--that it would have to be like opening a HORRIFIC WOUND!!

On ONE HAND CLOSURE in many ways and on the other NEWLY FELT PAIN THAT HAS TO RE-HEAL AGAIN. :(

I know SO MANY here at websleuths on this forum have expressed their feelings of trying to wrap their heads around 40 YEARS OF WAITING--FOR THE PARENTS AND THEIR BROTHERS!!!

I mean, also in those 40 years, LOOK AT WHAT HAS HAPPENED WITH TECHNOLOGY!!!

I don't mean ANY disrespect, however, when I see other RECENT CASES in the news with people GROWING IMPATIENT in A FEW MONTHS TIME or even a FEW years, and ANSWERS ARE FOUND IN THAT TIME--
I KEEP STOPPING to try to FATHOM WAITING 40 YEARS!!!

People today should be SO THANKFUL FOR THE TECHNOLOGY WHICH LEADS TO SUCH FASTER RECOVERY!!!

It is NO WONDER THAT THE LYON FAMILY HAD TO CONTINUE ON WITH LIFE, while NEVER FORGETTING THEM.

HOW HARD IT MUST HAVE BEEN and STILL BE for them to STILL LIVE in the SAME HOUSE!!

THAT TAKES LOVE AND TREMENDOUS COURAGE!!!

MAY THEIR FAMILY CONTINUING TO LIVE IN THE SAME HOME
ALWAYS BE A "WAKE-UP CALL" TO THE PERPETRATOR(S)--
THAT THEY AND WE WILL NOT FORGET UNTIL JUSTICE IS SERVED AND
THE TRUTH is FULLY EXPOSED and HOPEFULLY THE GIRLS ARE BROUGHT HOME!!!

We have all been waiting for 40 years to know what happened to these two little girls in Wheaton, Maryland. Hopefully, we will all know the truth soon. My heart goes out to the Lyon family.

Can you tell me about the girls and what happened to them? There is no link to show what this tragedy is about. Thank you.

I will ALWAYS be looking for these sweet girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it is only 2 more days until 3/25/1975 will mark 40 years, it is very important right now to realize that especially Mary and John Lyon, as well as their family and close friends have the girls and this case heavily on their minds.

We need to also remember all of the publicity which may occur on Wednesday, not to mention the ongoing search and investigation.

It would be awesome if at least SOME good news of some sort occurs on Wednesday!

Does anyone think LE will do any interviews?

If so, please post links under the news thread.

I would like to personally thank WS and the owners, moderators and all those who assist here -- not only on this case, but ALL of them.

Thank you too for allowing me the privilege of posting and helping here too.

How WONDERFUL it will be if the solving of THIS case leads to MANY other possible connected cases being solved!

I know that is something the Lyon family would be happy about as well.

Does either Maryland or Virginia police have a press conference planned, or do they plan to make a public statement of some kind? Especially with the renewed activity on the mountain, it seems like a good time to do that.

When I decided to join WS back in September 2014, I had NO IDEA I would learn SO MUCH and get THIS DEEP in the case!

I think my motives have always been compassion and a desire to help find the girls and help the family.

I admire those of you here on WS, who exercise much more self-control and are not as impulsive as I am.

I have ALWAYS been the type of person, that when it comes to a subject that is something
SO SERIOUS AS LIFE OR DEATH--I AM USUALLY EXTREMELY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THINGS.

Even when MY CAT was missing, I KNEW he would come home and HE DID--with a very bad injury.

However, in watching my cat, he walked in as if he did not have a big gaping wound on half of his body!

He just went to his food bowl and started eating.

When the vet stated the risks of his operation, I had NO DOUBT HE WOULD SURVIVE IT!
If my CAT, could come home with that wound and EAT, I KNEW he would make it through the operation! And HE DID!!

Bear with me--a few more personal experiences: :)

Recently, I was told to PUT MY DOG TO SLEEP.
I REFUSED--KNOWING that my dog DESERVED some TIME at HOME to heal and get better.

It wasn't even 24 HOURS and my dog got progressively better.

I can't deny that the thought has not crossed my mind about sending a video to the animal hospital showing them my dog--ALIVE and HAPPY RUNNING AROUND CARRYING HER KITTY TOY!

My husband has Parkinson's Disease.
I REFUSE TO JUST LET HIM GO DOWNHILL!!

Because of MY REFUSAL OF A HYSTERECTOMY, I have one child today!!

So, MY MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ATTITUDE HAS BEEN SIMILAR WITH THIS CASE--THAT HAPPENED IN MY OWN HOME TOWN OF WHEATON, Maryland--WHEN I WAS SHEILA'S AGE!!

I REFUSE TO WANT TO GIVE UP ON THIS CASE!!

But, ESPECIALLY, JUST SINCE YESTERDAY, I NOW REALIZE EVEN MORE--THAT MARY AND JOHN LYON AND THEIR FAMILY MAY NOT THINK LIKE I DO.

I have LEARNED THE HARD WAY--THAT I HAVE TO ACCEPT AND RESPECT THAT--
TO RESPECT HOW THEY THINK AND FEEL AS WELL AS DR. KW.

This world has become INCREASINGLY WICKED and CORRUPT and I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT--IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE, that THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED!!

Again, I commend ALL of you WHO HAVE PUT THE LYON FAMILY'S FEELINGS--AHEAD OF YOUR OWN. You are good examples to follow.

I MAY or MAY NOT continue to post or comment on here, but MOST IMPORTANTLY--

I WANT THE ENTIRE LYON FAMILY TO KNOW THAT I DEEPLY RESPECT YOUR FEELINGS AT THIS TIME and WISH MUCH PEACE for your family and I hope--even if in some small way--that I have been able to help.

When I decided to join WS back in September 2014, I had NO IDEA I would learn SO MUCH and get THIS DEEP in the case!

I think my motives have always been compassion and a desire to help find the girls and help the family.

I admire those of you here on WS, who exercise much more self-control and are not as impulsive as I am.

I have ALWAYS been the type of person, that when it comes to a subject that is something
SO SERIOUS AS LIFE OR DEATH--I AM USUALLY EXTREMELY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THINGS.

Even when MY CAT was missing, I KNEW he would come home and HE DID--with a very bad injury.

However, in watching my cat, he walked in as if he did not have a big gaping wound on half of his body!

He just went to his food bowl and started eating.

When the vet stated the risks of his operation, I had NO DOUBT HE WOULD SURVIVE IT!
If my CAT, could come home with that wound and EAT, I KNEW he would make it through the operation! And HE DID!!

Bear with me--a few more personal experiences: :)

Recently, I was told to PUT MY DOG TO SLEEP.
I REFUSED--KNOWING that my dog DESERVED some TIME at HOME to heal and get better.

It wasn't even 24 HOURS and my dog got progressively better.

I can't deny that the thought has not crossed my mind about sending a video to the animal hospital showing them my dog--ALIVE and HAPPY RUNNING AROUND CARRYING HER KITTY TOY!

My husband has Parkinson's Disease.
I REFUSE TO JUST LET HIM GO DOWNHILL!!

Because of MY REFUSAL OF A HYSTERECTOMY, I have one child today!!

So, MY MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ATTITUDE HAS BEEN SIMILAR WITH THIS CASE--THAT HAPPENED IN MY OWN HOME TOWN OF WHEATON, Maryland--WHEN I WAS SHEILA'S AGE!!

I REFUSE TO WANT TO GIVE UP ON THIS CASE!!

But, ESPECIALLY, JUST SINCE YESTERDAY, I NOW REALIZE EVEN MORE--THAT MARY AND JOHN LYON AND THEIR FAMILY MAY NOT THINK LIKE I DO.

I have LEARNED THE HARD WAY--THAT I HAVE TO ACCEPT AND RESPECT THAT--
TO RESPECT HOW THEY THINK AND FEEL AS WELL AS DR. KW.

This world has become INCREASINGLY WICKED and CORRUPT and I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT--IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE, that THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED!!

Again, I commend ALL of you WHO HAVE PUT THE LYON FAMILY'S FEELINGS--AHEAD OF YOUR OWN. You are good examples to follow.

I MAY or MAY NOT continue to post or comment on here, but MOST IMPORTANTLY--

I WANT THE ENTIRE LYON FAMILY TO KNOW THAT I DEEPLY RESPECT YOUR FEELINGS AT THIS TIME and WISH MUCH PEACE for your family and I hope--even if in some small way--that I have been able to help.

I am not sure what your post is about... Cats, and dogs and your personal miracles... ?Which is lovely but I believe that the The Lyon family has made it clear where they stand on it all and I think that respecting their wishes means that we accept what they feel about it not what we feel.

They put up a stone with the girls names and days they disappeared in a cemetery. That says a lot to me. I pray that they find the girls so that can finally know for sure and put the girls at rest.

I have been thinking about Mary and John Lyon lately.
On Netflix, they show last year's episodes of "The Hunt--with John Walsh"

John Walsh could ESPECIALLY RELATE TO HOW THE PARENTS of Jacob Wetherling FELT EMOTIONALLY--after things calmed down from the initial search.

He said it is usually a loved one who ends up KEEPING IT IN THE FOREFRONT in the news.

VERY INTERESTING-- in that same cold case of over 25 YEARS, an ordinary woman who was a writer of perhaps a blog and wanted to write about something, saw the story of Jacob and decided to get involved and help research the case.

It turns out that--that woman was able to trace a NUMBER of abductions not many miles from where Jacob was from.

She personally interviewed another abduction victim in the same area who was let go and there were VERY SIMILAR MATCHES to the descriptions of the abductor.

I have not given up researching and being in contact with law enforcement.

Since I decided to get involved with the case, I am trying to stick it out as long as possible--with the goal of seeing this case solved and always trying to think of the family and how they must be feeling.

How wonderful if it won't be much longer and they can have answers while they are still living.😊

With the latest news coming out from WSET, if what is being reported to law enforcement by witnesses (perhaps Welch family members)
is REALLY TRUE, I AM SOOO EMOTIONAL about the girls and the Lyon family at this time!!!

WHAT HORRENDOUS INFORMATION KEPT SECRET FOR OVER 40 YEARS!!

It is NO WONDER WHY ONE OLDER MAN WAS CRYING AT THE VIGIL HELD at the old Thaxton Elementary School!!

He could barely say anything except something like, "This is bad."

Perhaps they already knew the information that would soon be revealed on WSET news. :(

With the latest news coming out from WSET, if what is being reported to law enforcement by witnesses (perhaps Welch family members)
is REALLY TRUE, I AM SOOO EMOTIONAL about the girls and the Lyon family at this time!!!

WHAT HORRENDOUS INFORMATION KEPT SECRET FOR OVER 40 YEARS!!

It is NO WONDER WHY ONE OLDER MAN WAS CRYING AT THE VIGIL HELD at the old Thaxton Elementary School!!

He could barely say anything except something like, "This is bad."

Perhaps they already knew the information that would soon be revealed on WSET news. :(

I agree with you it is tragic, horrific and heartbreaking. I can't imagine what the Lyon family must be going through they have spent 40 years desperately seeking answers and then are faced with the evil acts that have allegedly been done. The family continue to be in my prayers.

I agree with you it is tragic, horrific and heartbreaking. I can't imagine what the Lyon family must be going through they have spent 40 years desperately seeking answers and then are faced with the evil acts that have allegedly been done. The family continue to be in my prayers.

Yes, I think that the entire community of Montgomery County, Maryland has the Lyon family in their thoughts and prayers as finally, after 40 long years we are all getting answers to one of our communities most heart-breaking cases. I am glad both parents are still living and will hopefully see justice for their beloved little girls'. So sad.

Appreciate your post here on “Sympathy for the Lyon Family”. As I have made mistakes here and have been corrected, (thankfully), please see the link to this website page saying
“a tooth found at his parents confirmed to be one of the girls.” Huh?

This statement conflicts with ”WTOP reports that the tooth has been lost .. it (the tooth) went missing before experts could test it to see if it came from one of the girls.”

source: Lyon Sisters Murders: Minister, Relatives Blamed In Kidnappings PATCH Bethesda-Chevy Chase July 11, 2017 by Deb Belt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back