GUILTY MI - Daryne Gailey, 29, & baby daughter murdered, Oxford Twp, 22 Nov 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
ce581d7a-e563-408d-b427-3c9b2802debb_zps02d7ef5d.jpg

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc.../24/autopsy-oxford-oakland-homicide/19481971/

An infant found dead along with her father in an Oakland County home died of blunt force trauma to the head, while the father had a deep laceration across his neck from a box cutter...

The bodies of Daryne Gailey, 29, and his daughter were discovered in Gailey's home in Oxford Township in northern Oakland County after he failed to return the girl to her mother from weekend visitation. An injured 65-year-old woman was also found in the house with lacerations to her arm. She remained hospitalized and detectives have not been able to interview her yet...

Gailey, who was mentally disabled, was described by friends, neighbors and co-workers as a gentle person and loving father. He... filed for divorce about six months after marrying Amanda Hendrick in August 2013. With the divorce pending, his mother, Sylvia Majewska, had filed for the protection order, saying his wife was diagnosed bipolar and had grown increasingly violent, kicking him in the groin and throwing a cell phone at him, according to court records.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...-examiner-oxford-fathers-death-ruled-homicide

“We find that it was a homicide,” said Kanu Virani, deputy chief medical examiner of the 29-year-old father. The cause of death was a incised wound to the neck, or slashed throat, said Virani. A boxcutter was recovered at the scene, along with other evidence, investigators said.

Gailey’s 7-month-old daughter, Charley Hendrick, was also found dead of blunt force trauma, and her death was also determined to be a homicide. Charley was found dead in her crib at the home on Nov. 23.

Sylvia Majewska, 65, Gailey’s mother and Charley’s grandmother, was the lone survivor in the incident.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/12/new_information_expected_monda.html

Investigators have yet to interview Majewska, the sole survivor, about what happened. She's retained an attorney since the incident...

McCabe confirmed Gailey's ex-wife, Amanda Hendrick who lives in Tuscola County's Caro, had full custody of Gailey's daughter. The court allowed Gailey overnight adult-supervised visits every other Friday. Gailey usually picked his mother up at her home in nearby Addison and they drove to Caro to retrieve the child and and returned her the following night. The infant never returned on Nov. 22, prompting Hendrick to contact police...

A 23-year-old neighbor said Gailey's mother and father visited their son often to help him around the house... The neighbor described Gailey as "a little slow," possibly with a learning disability, but "a great guy."

How sad!
His mom appears to be controlling & interfering. Is she the murderer? Why else would she have lawyered-up while still in the hospital?

Wow what a crazy story! Poor lil baby girl [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How sad!
His mom appears to be controlling & interfering. Is she the murderer? Why else would she have lawyered-up while still in the hospital?

Based on what I've read/heard about the case, the mother is the likely suspect. :moo:

Grandmother charged with murder in Oxford double homicide

29-year-old father, 7-month-old daughter found murdered in Oxford home

Author: Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, @DaveBartko, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com

Published On: Dec 08 2014 12:04:03 PM EST Updated 26 m

PONTIAC, Mich. -
A 65-year-old grandmother is charged with two counts of premeditated first degree murder in the case of a father and his infant daughter who were found killed inside a home in Oxford.

The deaths of 29-year-old Daryne Gailey and 7-month-old Charley Hendrick were ruled homicides last week. They were found killed Nov. 9 in Gailey's home...

...Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said during a Monday news conference that the woman had planned to kill her son and his daughter...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...father-infant-found-killed-in-oxford/30115320

Bouchard to discuss Oxford Twp. double slaying

Mike Martindale, The Detroit News 12:56 p.m. EST December 8, 2014

Pontiac — Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard has announced a press conference for Monday afternoon to discuss the investigation into the Nov. 23 slayings of a mentally challenged Oxford Township man and his infant daughter.

Daryne Gailey, 29, was found with his throat slit and his 7-month-old daughter, Charley Lillian Hendrick, died of blunt force trauma to her head, autopsies determined.

Both deaths were classified as homicides but investigators have been hoping that a lone survivor found in Gailey’s home, Sylvia Majewska, 65, of Addison Township, might be a key to determining what happened...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...d-discuss-oxford-twp-double-slaying/20095639/

Addison woman charged with murder in deaths of son, granddaughter

By Dave Phillips, The Oakland Press

Posted: 12/08/14, 12:05 PM EST | Updated: 19 mins ago

PONTIAC >> An Addison Township woman has been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of her son and granddaughter last month in Oxford Township.

Sylvia Majewska, 65, was arraigned Monday on two counts of first-degree premeditated murder, officials announced in an afternoon press conference.

The charges stem from the Nov. 22 deaths of Daryne Gailey, 29, and his 7-month-old daughter, Charley Hendrick...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ed-with-murder-in-deaths-of-son-granddaughter

weeping for you, little one... and your daddy too... and your mommy even...

my mantra... Mental illness... when are we going to take it more seriously in this country... (i am referring to the mother/grandmother, who obviously was...)

oh wow. How could she kill her son and hre tiny baby granddaughter??????? She must be so cold hearted. That is just horrendous. :cry:

"For whatever reason she came to the conclusion that the son and the child would be better off if they weren't alive, sadly," said Bouchard. :banghead:

oh wow. How could she kill her son and hre tiny baby granddaughter??????? She must be so cold hearted. That is just horrendous. :cry:

I live in Mi. so I have been following this case.There were a few articles at 1st, then there were no updates.......... NONE...........I've been waiting for this. I knew it was the grandmother from the very 1st article .Never had a doubt it was her. She totally controlled his life and death. And murdered her own grandaughter. Mi needs the Death Penalty IMO Sick*itch

RIP Together Daddy & Daughter

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...rged-in-deaths-of-son-granddaughter/20135169/

The baby's body was found by deputies "dressed and tucked away like it was going to sleep — very sad," he said.

Police found strong evidence that "there was premeditation and a plan" by Majewska to commit the murders, including a new car seat for the baby that had with it a receipt with Majewska's notations "indicating that she planned to return it, that it won't be needed anymore," Bouchard said.

Majewska was a highly manipulative mother to her cognitively impaired son, Bouchard added. "We certainly have information that she was an angry woman and a controlling woman," he said. Investigators had turned up a retail store's video filmed during a transaction with mother and son, he said. "She was very much in charge, berating him, in that encounter in the store," he said.

A psych evaluation is definitely warranted in a case where a mother/grandmother murdered her own son and grandchild :crazy: I think her attorney will likely use some type of diminished capacity defense. I hope she doesn't get to walk free after having committed this heinous crime. :moo:

http://www.clarkstonnews.com/Articl...-sub-Majewska-charged-with-double-murder.html

Investigators searched Majewska's home and recovered multiple computer documents and handwritten notes that, according to Bouchard, "give us insight into what her reasons were" for allegedly committing the murders, "but (they're) certainly not reasons anyone can either accept or understand."

"I think you can draw from the contents that there was a premeditation and a plan that things were all going to come to an end shortly," he said. "I don't want to get into exact verbage, but it was pretty clear from the documents, the notes and other things that ultimately will come out, that there was a plan and the plan had a conclusion that wasn't good"...

When asked if Majewska had any history of mental illness, Bouchard said, "I can't specifically say we have medical records saying that."

Maybe there were insurance polices out on the victims. If Majewska would take the car seat back, seems like she is very concerned with money.

This story really burns me. If my special needs son had a job and a baby he could see every other weekend, I'd be like, "Right on, life is good".

Why in the world would you resort to killing your son, and probably the only person that ever gave him true joy in the world?

How cruel and twisted.

Sounds to me like he was doing just fine, and no, no one's better off now that he and his child are dead.

Court filings show Gailey appeared to be caught in between his wife and his mother, who, along with Gailey’s father, acted as Gailey’s guardian and conservator. Gailey’s parents filed for his divorce from Amanda Hendrick in March, and the process was finalized just 17 days before his body was found.
Hendrick stated that Gailey did not want a divorce and accused Majewska of hitting, slapping, demeaning and accosting him. She said Gailey’s parents did not make decisions in their son’s best interest. http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...-examiner-oxford-fathers-death-ruled-homicide

If his father was complicit with Gailey's mother's plan, I guess there would have been mention of him by now.... could be she bullied him too. No doubt, defense will go for some mental defect, but she seems to be plain ol' mean as hell.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back