GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

Anngelique

Reaction score
I live not far from where Brooke went missing. Yesterday some boaters found a badly decomposed body in the Willamette River. It was so badly decomposed they cannot identify the sex at this time. I have been watching the news for an update. As soon as I saw this it made me think of Brooke. I will keep you guys updated if this turns out to be anything or even if it is not.

For updated information on Brooke's case you can click here...

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=67786

I don't know if I wish it were her or not. On one hand, I so badly want her parents to be able to give her a proper burial but on the other hand, I have been clinging to a tiny thread of hope that she is out there alive. Keep us posted!!

Jenn said:
I don't know if I wish it were her or not. On one hand, I so badly want her parents to be able to give her a proper burial but on the other hand, I have been clinging to a tiny thread of hope that she is out there alive. Keep us posted!!

I know exactly how you feel. I did not know what to post, I kind of hope it is her like you say so the parents know and can bury her. On the other hand, I don't want it to be her in case she is still alive and can be found safe.

The body could be that of any missing person, but her name came to mind first. So I will definitely keep you posted.

Wow - thanks for the links, guys. I live in the town that Brooke was abducted from, and haven't seen anything in the paper about these bodies being located. I really feel for the loved ones they left behind, and hope they are identified soon. :(

annemc2 said:
Wow - thanks for the links, guys. I live in the town that Brooke was abducted from, and haven't seen anything in the paper about these bodies being located. I really feel for the loved ones they left behind, and hope they are identified soon. :(

Thanks, I just got home and had not been able to check yet. Well, it is a relief and not a relief at the same time that is doesn't appear to be Brooke.

I am in in Salem Annemc2, nice to meet you neighbor!

Here is some new information though!

http://katu.com/stories/77507.html

May 31, 2005

Minivan Sought In Brooke Wilberger Case

By KATU Web Staff
CORVALLIS, Ore. - Corvallis police say they are looking for a green 1997 Dodge Caravan that may be connected to the disappearance of Brooke Wilberger.

Police say on May 24, 2004, the day Wilberger disappeared, someone named 'Brian' called 911 from a cell phone regarding a speeding and recklessly driven green minivan in the Mid-Valley area.

The connection with the cell phone was lost before the call was completed.

Investigators say they would like to talk with that person to determine if what he saw that day was connected to Wilberger's disappearance.

They would also like to hear from anyone else who may have seen suspicious activity involving a green minivan between May 17 and May 31, 2004. Those with information are urged to call 1-800-THE-LOST.

Police say the suspicious activity may include the following:

A green minivan being in a place where it did not appear to belong (like a logging road or a farmer's field).

A green minivan being driven in a way that was significantly different from normal traffic.

A green minivan where the driver was acting in a strange or suspicious way (like attempting to lure women/girls close to the van).

Very informative video on this mini-van and it's possible connection to the Brooke case at this link. http://katu.com/

This mini van was seen parked near where Brooke vanished the day before and one of the workers thought it looked suspicious then. The next day another worker spotted the same mini-van following a girl for a little ways. One of the 2 persons of interest in the abduction of Brooke has a green mini-van. It sounds like this person is in jail, but they are looking for a "Brian" who called 911 to reporst erractic and dangerous driving from a green mini-van the day Brooke disappeared.

This could be a huge break in the Brooke case!

this looks to me like they have a very good possible lead. I feel that the man they are looking for is already in jail, or has been. I feel brooke is no longer with us, I wonder if maybe they could have been two people in the van. one to drive and the other one to slide the van door open and snatch her inside. the police and any other search groups I would encourage strongly to search within a 10 mile radius of where she went missing. for some reason from day one I have felt that she was taken no more than 10 miles away, the number 10 keeps appearing in my mind for some reason, is there a hwy 10 or interstate 10 in that area, state route 10? this could be the answer they are looking for...

Howdy, neighbor (Anngelique!)! Hmmm, this is an interesting development. Wonder why we haven't heard about this van until now. Also, doesn't it seem that the 911 call center would have a record of the "Brian" call - cell phones are pretty easy to trace, no? I don't know much about them, though. Dannyodie, the only thing I can think of that has "10" in it is PCH Hwy 101 - about an hour away. But I haven't lived here long enough (only 2.5 yrs) to know any local roads, farm routes or whatever, that may fit that criteria. If I get time I'll check it out!

annemc2 said:
Howdy, neighbor (Anngelique!)! Hmmm, this is an interesting development. Wonder why we haven't heard about this van until now. Also, doesn't it seem that the 911 call center would have a record of the "Brian" call - cell phones are pretty easy to trace, no? I don't know much about them, though. Dannyodie, the only thing I can think of that has "10" in it is PCH Hwy 101 - about an hour away. But I haven't lived here long enough (only 2.5 yrs) to know any local roads, farm routes or whatever, that may fit that criteria. If I get time I'll check it out!

From what I understand the call was interrupted by the cell phone going out or something. Hopefully this Brian will see or hear about the news and get back to the police. This sounds like the most hope since she was abducted.

Anngelique said:
From what I understand the call was interrupted by the cell phone going out or something. Hopefully this Brian will see or hear about the news and get back to the police. This sounds like the most hope since she was abducted.
I guess this is discussion-related. Which thread is the active one on this case?

http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...Wilberger06.JPG

There's a green Dodge Caravan (with tinted windows) in that picture. That shot is from four days after the crime. May 28, 2004 - 4pm. It was taken in the back parking lot of Oak Park Apts. Anybody here know who that minivan belongs to?

Here are the rest of the pictures
http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...r/Wilberger.htm

RstJ

Katu is reporting that the green mini van was reported as driving erratically the day Brooke vanished. A man named "Brian" reported it and his phone went dead or something. The reason this is of such interest is that the mileage of where this van was reported and the time Brooke vanished fit together. As does the fact that they have a person of interest who has a van of this same make and model. This is getting very interesting. Workers also reported seeing this van in the area the day before and the day of when Brooke vanished. They said the driver was acting strange and even followed a female student a short distance. So I will do my best to keep everyone posted of our local news here.

RobertStJames said:
I guess this is discussion-related. Which thread is the active one on this case?

http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...Wilberger06.JPG

There's a green Dodge Caravan (with tinted windows) in that picture. That shot is from four days after the crime. May 28, 2004 - 4pm. It was taken in the back parking lot of Oak Park Apts. Anybody here know who that minivan belongs to?

Here are the rest of the pictures
http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...r/Wilberger.htm

RstJ

I do not know my mini vans very well, but that looks like a green windstar (Ford mini van). I could be wrong, but I think it is a Ford not a Chrysler. :twocents:

Anngelique said:
Katu is reporting that the green mini van was reported as driving erratically the day Brooke vanished. A man named "Brian" reported it and his phone went dead or something. The reason this is of such interest is that the mileage of where this van was reported and the time Brooke vanished fit together. As does the fact that they have a person of interest who has a van of this same make and model. This is getting very interesting. Workers also reported seeing this van in the area the day before and the day of when Brooke vanished. They said the driver was acting strange and even followed a female student a short distance. So I will do my best to keep everyone posted of our local news here.
I saw all that, but how does LE even know when she vanished? I've heard everything from 9:30 to as late as 10:50am. How can they calculate mileage if they don't even know when to calculate it from?

RstJ

wow, Robert - very observant!! Do you think LE might want to take a gander at that photo, like if it could be digitally enhanced to show license plate features or something? Spooky. . .

http://katu.com/stories/77541.html

June 1, 2005
Police Identify Minivan In Wilberger CaseBy Bob Heye
and KATU Web Staff
CORVALLIS, Ore. - New details are emerging about a suspicious green minivan that police believe may be tied to the disappearance of Brooke Wilberger.

Police say they know where the minivan is that they have been looking for and they have identified its driver as a person of interest.

This latest news comes one day after Corvallis police sent out a press release saying they were looking for a green 1997 Dodge Caravan.

Police say on May 24, 2004, the day Wilberger disappeared, someone named 'Brian' called 911 from a cell phone regarding a speeding and recklessly driven green minivan in the Mid-Valley area.

The connection with the cell phone was lost and police said they wanted to speak with that person to determine if what he saw that day was connected to Wilberger's disappearance.

Matt Siewell, who spoke with KATU News on Tuesday, says he also saw a green van outside Reser Stadium just before Wilberger vanished.

"I remember the van still pretty well," he said. "That's what got my attention in the first place."

The site where Siewell says he saw the minivan is just blocks from the apartment complex where Brooke Wilberger disappeared.

"I just remember him sitting there with his driver door open," Siewell said. "I remember he had like brown, curly hair and it seemed like it was probably shoulder length. That's all I can remember about him now."

Now, Siewell and others who saw the van that day cannot be reached, which may mean that police have asked them not to make public statements while the investigation continues.

Authorities already know where the van is that they are interested in and they also know where the owner is.

Ron Noble with the Corvallis Police Department said he could not comment on whether police had the person of interest who owns the minivan in custody.

Police identified the person as one of two remaining persons of interest six months ago.

Now they want to know if they can connect the minivan to any potential victims at all.

"The operator of this type of van may have tried to lure women or girls to the van," said Noble.

Brooke Wilberger's brother-in-law believes this may finally be the break the family has been waiting for.

"We know of one person, Brian, who saw the vehicle. He made the effort a year ago and we're hoping he'll make that effort again," said Zak Hansen.

Police say they have received several tips so far involving sightings of green minivans around the time that Wilberger disappeared. They are encouraging anyone who has not yet contacted them with information to call 1-800-THE-LOST.

annemc2 said:
wow, Robert - very observant!! Do you think LE might want to take a gander at that photo, like if it could be digitally enhanced to show license plate features or something? Spooky. . .
I think LE already knows who owns the van I photographed, and Beffie is right--it's a Ford. Probably an Aerostar, as someone pointed out on another board.

So, that's not the van LE is interested in. Just a coincidence, and not really a surprising one seeing as how this part of Oregon has hundreds, if not thousands of dark green minivans. Must be an U of O thing. That's their school color (University of Oregon Ducks).

RstJ

I never realized that the trees/hedges were so high next to that one area, particularly interesting since it's right next to the highway. I don't understand though how it seems that not one single person either around the apartment complex or the highway saw anything.

RobertStJames said:

Hi, I looked at your pictures and descriptions and they are very nice and clear. I too, went out to the site, curiosity and trying to help and being an amateur detective and all. Anyway, I could only get about 1/3 or 1/2 of your pictures to load. I was wondering if any of them showed the gate from the Oak Park Apts. to the huge gravel parking lot by the Hilton and the ball field? When I went there the gate was propped wide open, and anyone could have parked virtually unnoticed in the parking lot, walked up and taken Brooke Wilberger and driven off, while never having been in the actual complex with their vehicle. If someone tried to follow them with a vehicle, they would have had to run down the fence. A person could drive out of the gravel parking lot, east on Western Avenue to 3rd St., left, and then all the way to Rickreall on Hwy. 99. Two turns and they're out of town. I have a picture of the gate somewhere, which if you didn't already have one, I could try to figure out how to post.

Walking in would have been from the north. From the west, they could have driven in, but it would be hard to get back out again without being noticed. Thanks for going to the effort with the pictures. I haven't posted on here in months and months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back