MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
26316984-7cf4-43f2-8577-119375693be5_zps5c423847.png

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

Most people don't think about losing a child the way Ben Chambers lost his. “When the fire department got there they say she was on fire out in the road,” Chambers recalled. Jessica, who was 19 years old, was burned.

“You couldn’t recognize her because she was unrecognizable,” Chambers described what he was told by doctors. “The doctor told us it wasn’t nothing we can do you know she was burned 98% of her body.” Jessica died after being airlifted to Regional Medical Center in Memphis.

“They said that as far as they could tell like they squirted fluid down her throat and up her nose because it just burned her on the inside so bad... She had a big gash in her head like they knocked her out,” Chambers said.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Darby says by the time rescue workers got on the scene the car was fully engulfed in flames. The driver tried to tell rescuers something but she was so badly burned she could not be understood...

The fire happened around 8:15 Saturday night just south of Courtland. The Panola County coroner has identified the victim as 19-year old Jessica Lane Chambers.

LE is apparently interested in two young men who were with Jessica shortly before her death.

ETA: If you have information that may lead to an arrest, please contact the Panola County Sheriff's Office at (662) 563-6230.

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 **Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION***

This is just horrible

I read one report where it said she was able to say who her attacker was before she passed. I'm trying to find it.

This is just heartbreaking and devastating. What a horrible way for this poor young girl to die. The DP is too good for theses monsters.

This seems personal. Horrible

YES. Seems like her boyfriend thinks she cheated or something, with the gruesome details of lighter fluid down her throat. Wonder if she had a jealous ex?

I read one report where it said she was able to say who her attacker was before she passed. I'm trying to find it.

I will find the link I just read but her dad said she tried to tell them how attacked her but I don't think she was able to speak. If the monsters made her swallow lighter fluid like the articles have said......I doubt the poor young woman was able to speak.

Such a senseless horrific and depraved crime.

They think she may have been with two people she knew after she talked to her mom around 6:30 pm.

IMO

YES. Seems like her boyfriend thinks she cheated or something, with the gruesome details of lighter fluid down her throat. Wonder if she had a jealous ex?

I was wondering if the two (if males) who she may have been with raped her and then killed her by burning her to destroy evidence.

Such a heartbreaking case. And burning her car so evidence would also be burned up. It makes me wonder if they were inside her vehicle.

IMO

This seems personal. Horrible

I would like to know where she got her car washed. Was it one of those places where you do it yourself, I wonder? They can be sort of secluded and its pretty dark by 6 pm now.

How aweful for her to have endured & for her family to hear the details of the last moments of her life.

"Jessica’s father said his daughter tried to tell responders who killed her.

The sheriff’s office previously told WREG it’s possible Jessica had plans with two people that night, although Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale said there are no clear-cut suspects at this time.

He said her autopsy was underway Monday.

WREG met with Lisa Chambers, Jessica’s mother, Monday at a funeral home, after she finalized plans for her daughter’s burial.
Chambers said her daughter lived with her, and Jessica planned to go get her car cleaned Saturday evening. She spoke with her daughter on the phone around 6:48 p.m., and Jessica said she was going to get a bite to eat.

“[She] said ‘Bye, I love you, Mama. See you in a little while.’ Next time I seen her, she was in the Med,” Chambers said.

Chambers wants justice for her daughter, who she said was acting normally Saturday. She said her daughter had a job at a department store, cheered in high school, and didn’t currently have a boyfriend."

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

Her mother must be so devastated. I would probably want to kill myself if I had to endure such horrid details of my childs murder. I bet the cops want this solved and fast!

So she didn't CURRENTLY have a boyfriend? Maybe an ex is stalking her and saw her out with the 2 male friends?

Probably more likely would you speculated above Blueeyes. Sadly enough. But it does sound like some cruel way to get rid of evidence. :cry:

Jessica Chambers, 19, was found burning near her car that was also engulfed in flames. She was flown to a hospital in Memphis but later died. Early autopsy results reveal that Jessica died from severe burns that covered 98 percent of her body.

Her father, Ben Chambers, said investigators told him his daughter was set on fire.

"When the fire department got there, she was walking down the road on fire," he said. "Only part of her body that wasn't burned was the bottom of her feet."

He continued as he held back tears, "They squirted lighter fluid down her throat and in her nose, and apparently they knocked her out. She had a big gash on top of her head."

In her last breaths, she may have sent investigators down her killer's trail.

"She told them, she told them, told him who done it," Chambers said.

Investigators won't say what Jessica said or release the chilling details about how she died.

http://www.wave3.com/story/27575901/family-desperate-for-answers-in-daughters-heinous-murder

e Panola County Sheriff's Department investigating a car fire outside of Courtland Mississippi they say killed a young woman Saturday night.

The cause of the fire is not known. According to Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, a passing motorist alerted his department and the fire department to the scene. Darby says by the time rescue workers got on the scene the car was fully engulfed in flames. The driver tried to tell rescuers something but she was so badly burned she could not be understood. She was transported to Regional One where she later died.

The fire happened around 8:15 Saturday night just south of Courtland. The Panola County coroner has identified the victim as 19-year old Jessica Lane Chambers.

>>Read More Trending Stories

Authorities tell FOX13 the victim's father works for the Panola County Sheriff's Office, fixing cars.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigations has stepped into the case because of Chambers' connection to the Sheriff's Department.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Can some one post her picture for this thread ? This is a very horrific way to go.

So she didn't CURRENTLY have a boyfriend? Maybe an ex is stalking her and saw her out with the 2 male friends?

Probably more likely would you speculated above Blueeyes. Sadly enough. But it does sound like some cruel way to get rid of evidence. :cry:

Its a very very sad case. All the cases that happen close to the holidays seem even sadder somehow...if possible. :(

It just seems like whoever this is they were trying to destroy evidence. If not, why put lighter fluid down her throat, and in her nose? Why that specific area and not just doused overall? I think because they put it in her nose and throat that is a clue to what may have happened to her before she died, imo.

I wonder if the ME was able to take a DNA swab to see if she had been raped or god forbid even lighter fluid doused on her private areas. The articles didn't mention whether Jessica was naked or not when she was walking in the road on fire but she may have been.

And her vehicle was also doused with accelerant and burned. It sure looks like to me someone was trying to remove any trace of them on her body and in her car.

So it seems like they (the murderer or murderers) know if they hadn't burned her and her vehicle the evidence could lead back to them.

I pray they get these monsters off the street and soon. Anyone who is capable of such a depraved crime is a danger to everyone.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member